FORUMS

PSA: Issues with the credit rewards after matches

Posted: //
Jan. 29, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

This is good but I think combine all ship XP of one manufacture to one manufacture is good as well.

For all of the old hands coming here , there is one common trait : They all know when to run .

Jan. 29, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

Yeah they don't owe anyone a refund for credits bought (elite time? Sure. Server instability has made people lose that unfairly). Even if people have been "screwed" by this bug, it was still your choice to buy credits, and you did get exactly what you paid for. The deal was as offered, there was just another circumstance which you felt drove you to it. It was still your choice to buy, and you got exactly what was offered in return.

Even if this were in real life, IE outside of a video game, people wouldn't be offered a return. It simply isn't owed, neither logically nor legally.

Make The Forums Great Again!

Jan. 29, 2017, 10:03 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 29, 2017, 10:04 a.m.

You have to admit that this is an issue that was not hard to find. Even if we ignore the entire forum and Discord pointing out the very bad credits payout on veteran...aren't they playing their own game once in a while?
Or is the hierarchy so rigid that unless exactly the right person finds out, nothing happens?

Here's some other free Q&A for you: The Energy Booster Module on the Trafalgar costs 43.000 Credits, rather than the ~2000 it probably should.
This has been the case for at least 2-3 months now.

So kindly ask one of your 150 employees to go into the respective ini file and change that value. Should take about a minute. There. Progress

Jan. 29, 2017, 11:40 a.m.

Little Miss Sunshine#7845 posted (#post-99473)

Yeah they don't owe anyone a refund for credits bought (elite time? Sure. Server instability has made people lose that unfairly). Even if people have been "screwed" by this bug, it was still your choice to buy credits, and you did get exactly what you paid for. The deal was as offered, there was just another circumstance which you felt drove you to it. It was still your choice to buy, and you got exactly what was offered in return.

Even if this were in real life, IE outside of a video game, people wouldn't be offered a return. It simply isn't owed, neither logically nor legally.

Well why do you think the people bought the elite time to begin with and dont go all internet lawyer here on legality's it was a mistake they admitted to and that being said you would be and should be compensated for lost credits. And no you didn't get exactly what you paid for it that was not happening as they have stated your argument holds no water at all.

Jan. 29, 2017, 12:13 p.m.

Herosupport#3506 posted (#post-99204)

so this means everyone is getting a refund of their GP they had to spend on credits right because this is a game breaking mistake so bad that the players you have invited to the game leave and dont play the game anymore. can we submit tickets to have you people fund us credits to buy the things we have unlocked?

This is the person I'm referring to, demanding a GOLD refund for the willing transactions he/she made.

Players will be compensated XP/credits for the server crashes and the like preventing their income, yes. That I agree with. Elite time being lost during such outages will also be compensated. That, too, I agree with. What I'm saying is that people who bought gold because they were frustrated at the low credit income are responsible for that purchase. You can't expect a refund for that. Regardless of the cause of that purchase it was the buyer who chose to make it under no pressure. In-game compensation of credits to make up for the losses caused by the bug? Sure, I obviously wouldn't mind that but that's not what the person was asking. You choosing to buy gold and then choosing to convert it is on you, and when you did that you got exactly what was offered. There was no loss in the conversion, there was no scamming of any sort. It was simply a purchase that seemed more appealing due to relatively low in-game credit revenue.

Am I saying they won't do it and that it's the WORST idea ever? No, the devs will do what the devs want. What I'm saying is it's not owed and so don't get your hopes up for a gold refund. Credits are the issue here, not gold. The person to whom I am referring here was expecting a gold refund for the conversions made, which is not the same as receiving additional credits to recoup the losses.

Make The Forums Great Again!

Jan. 30, 2017, 5:07 p.m.

Ease up guys. It was a mistake, they're aware of it, and they're fixing it. I've been trumpeting against the "This is beta" argument, but you have to call it what it is here: A bug in a beta.

Though I haven't played in some time, I just want to say that I'm glad you guys are communicating a bit more. It's good to see other fellow Devs chiming in with information. I know it probably stung a little, but I promise you we all share the same passion you do for the game. There's some good apples here, fret not.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." ― Zhuge Liang

Jan. 30, 2017, 9:54 p.m.

I love getting my little stick out and stirring the pot smile .

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:14 a.m.

If I got all the XP and Credits missing that I'm still supposed to get, I'd like a refund for the 20 euro worth of credits I had to buy because of the server outages and missing out on rewards.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:32 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-100083)

If I got all the XP and Credits missing that I'm still supposed to get, I'd like a refund for the 20 euro worth of credits I had to buy because of the server outages and missing out on rewards.
You didn't have to buy anything. And the server outages didn't take any credits away from you. It just gave you an opportunity to so treating a videogame like your second job.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 2, 2017, 11:26 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 11:30 a.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-100083)

You didn't have to buy those credits. You decided to buy those credits instead of asking the team if anything would be done to recompense your time/effort wasted. I made a similar decision but asking for a refund on GP you used for credits you almost certainly already used is ridiculous. Unless you want them to reverse all the purchases you made and re-lock all the modules or ships you bought?

That would be overwrought and overly complicated to do for a patently gluttonous request anyway. You made a valuation decision during a closed beta and that was your choice to make. They owe you nothing on purchased hard currency.

As it is, this was a closed beta, and if GB felt like being buttheads they could just tell everyone to accept their lost time/credits/xp as part of the beta process and that getting to access the game so early was compensation enough. But they're not doing that, they're going through the process of figuring out how to make this as right as they can without hurting their own business/jobs/goals. Don't be greedy.

Calm In The Chaos
To dominate one's enemies one must have a quick mind and a still soul.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.