FORUMS

T3 has no right to exist!

Posted: //
Jan. 28, 2017, 4:49 a.m.

HI all,

i know it wont be changed, but i have to say it anways...

T3 has no right to exist at all.

Players dont equip them cause its thrown away ressources. They are not going to be played after u have reached T4.

Playing in T3 feels like beeing punished, tortured and like beeing cannon fodder.

T3 wants you to spend gp to get through it asap. They feel like beeing there to force you to spend money. No fun at all.

The argument of the devs, that players should make use of a whole fleet instead of focusing on one ship type is invalid. Because you want to reach ur set aim, players dont switch to other, maybe more fitting ships for the battle. They want to develop towards their aim, and if that means to fly a ship that doesent fit the recent team setup, they continue to select the ship that helps them best to achieve credits and xp.

T3 is unbalanced, unfair, unsatisfying and a waste of time.

Sry, but this is how it feels to me.

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Jan. 28, 2017, 5:18 a.m.

You can say that for t1 ships in recruit matches.

Jan. 28, 2017, 5:32 a.m.

True, but T1 costs you 20 minutes to be through, T3 costs you days.....

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Jan. 28, 2017, 5:49 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 28, 2017, 5:49 a.m.

[edit: removed the quote]
Hey there Microstar,
although you said it in the end, you shouldn't generalize from your perception to "all players'" perception. Following the streams, and playing myself, and observing our user-tests with regular Dreadnought players shows me that not everyone feels like that about progressing. Besides other issues like this being the tier where Maintenance becomes relevant, I don't think that the existence of T3 itself is annoying.

I see your point where IF you are a player that just wants to get to a specific ship in the highest tier, then T3 is annoying. But then every blocker between you and your goal would feel bad wouldn't it?
But not every player sees it like that, especially new players who haven't played dozens of hours yet.

The only systematic issue with T3 is that once your whole fleet is T4, you probably wont use those ships any more. But that problem is more relevant for players that are very far progressed. (And if you just go for the "aim" than you wont upgrade that ship anyway).

The way I see it is, if you really really just want this ship and nothing else, then you might feel the game is blocking your progress towards that goal, which makes sense in a Free to Play game.

BUT the game also allows you adapt a different progression style, that is more about progressing slowly, enjoying the core of the game and upgrading your whole fleet. Which is "slower" if you just measure vertical speed, but not less fun.

Cheers,

Phil

Jan. 28, 2017, 7:58 a.m.

Everyone has to start somewhere. If you got T4 on a plate, it would certainly invalidate T3.

The right of T3 to exist however is that it is a valid stepping stone to T4. You have to progress from T1-TX. You have to work for what you want, and it allows you time to practice.

Thats just my opinion though.

Jan. 28, 2017, 8:03 a.m.

Tier 3 is just not fun ... Can't say anymore to that

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Jan. 28, 2017, 8:15 a.m.

Microstar#9116 posted (#post-99181)
The argument of the devs, that players should make use of a whole fleet instead of focusing on one ship type is invalid. Because you want to reach ur set aim, players dont switch to other, maybe more fitting ships for the battle.

I think that's a good argument, the entire xp gaining system is based around levelling a fleet. You play one ship and gain xp for your fleet, why wouldn't the ship progression system encourage fleets too?

Diversity is the name of the game here as far as I can see.

My opinion however is that it would be suuuper boring to play 1 ship and only 1 ship for hours and hours. So I hope they maintain the momentum they have behind fleets.

Jan. 28, 2017, 8:15 a.m.

I agree with OP, T3 is just the long "filler" before T4. There is no added value to spending inordinate amounts of time to grind the credits required to purchase T3 modules, considering how much better off you would be rushing T4.

Currently, am working towards getting all the unlocks on the voronezh modules, and if I recall, the only T3 module I bought was the nuclear missile.

All the more reason to be careful with credit spending in T3, considering the monstrous cost of T4 modules (14K to 30K per module).

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

Jan. 28, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 28, 2017, 8:20 a.m.

T3 is viable if you fitted with T3 module, before you reach T4 you will be forced to stuck with T3 around 80-90 games. it just that people play it naked without a properly module that why it feel so weak.

T3 with full fitted module also able to sink a new-born T4 that still not fitted yet. in a good hand, you will see a lot of T3 outrank score against T4

I played gravis , palos and oranto before and all of them are full-fitted so it definitely not weak even you have to fight T4. you just have to know that which ship you can fight and which ship you can't.

I don't see anything wrong to fitted T3 ship since you need to play it a long time, especially oranto, you need to play around 150 games to unlock both Jutland and Vigo since Retaliator and Nerve of steel lie with them so better fitted it.

Jan. 28, 2017, 11:24 a.m.

Thing is TorFORCE, you get a bunch of T3 modules for free when you buy the T4. Also, fully kitting out your T3 will take so much time, that you could spend on a T4.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.