FORUMS

Buggy Energy Wheel

Posted: //
Jan. 29, 2017, 3:41 a.m.

A friend of mine has the same problem. Especially when activating shields with the energy wheel he often ends up having thrust or weapon amplification. Since i play healer i often call him to use his shields and then see him dying to a nuke or so with energy to weapons/engines. Now he uses F1-4 keys.
I have bound F1-4 to mouse buttons.

Jan. 29, 2017, 1:26 p.m.

Grim Draken#5500 posted (#post-99260)

I have to admit, I'm going to have to start muscle memory training the F1-F4 buttons, due to the amount of false choices I pick in the heat of battle with the energy wheel. I've died a couple of times from picking weapons when I wanted shields.

That's what I had to do. Wheel causes to many problems. But even with those F keys, they don't seem to work if you are changing altitude.

Jan. 30, 2017, 5:33 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 30, 2017, 5:41 a.m.

Update:
As promised, we followed up on that, and actually found a bug that is most likely causing that wiggly energy wheel behavior.

I don't know about the priority as that's not up to me.

But for now we can settle the case smile

Thanks again for bringing it up, and weighing in on that matter.

Jan. 30, 2017, 5:07 p.m.

DN_PHL#3657 posted (#post-99220)

Cool, thanks!
It sounds like the sensitivity or angle-thresholds etc. are tuned in a way that make them harder to activate when used quickly.
Would be nice to find out how many players feel the same.

As we would need to find the right tuning that is best for the majority, e.g. if we make the sensitivity lower for (weapon, shield, thrust), it might be harder to turn the Energy OFF.

I have the same issue.

I often find it extremely difficult to select the desired power option, especially in the heat of battle.

If i'm not going serpentine, it's not too bad if I make exaggerated and careful mouse movements, but I prefer to train muscle memory and flick the mouse in the direction I need. Sometimes, however, I'll try 3 or 4 times to select the option I require, making me devote all my attention in battle to carefully selecting the right power option, instead of firing.

It seems to me that there's an issue with both the activation time of the wheel interface and the way the wheel sets center point when it activates - sometimes I activate the wheel and it already seems to be pointing at a power option.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.