FORUMS

Destroyer Particle Turrets

Posted: //
Jan. 28, 2017, 9:56 p.m.

Light Partical turrets

Does anybody see any point to the existence of the T3 Particle turrets on Destroyers? I can not find a single advantage over the just as useless Flak Turrets.

They have better range but do almost no damage, have horrible spread and are slower than some ships can move. If they ignored armour or penetrated shields then sure, great addition to a ship, but they don't.

Does anybody know of a perk/use for the partical turrets on Destroyers.

Jan. 29, 2017, 1:40 a.m.

At this moment, It kind of broken weapon, 3 burst of red light particle bullet that fly slower than a missile (I believed that it only fly fast as NAV can sprint with F1) , spread up too much and won't hit anything at long range since enemy can spot it a mile away because the bullet is too big and attractive. easy to see and got a plenty time to evade.

You can only hit something with it at close range which Flak can do a better job.

Despite its powerful appearance, it actually does only low damage , it should travel faster than repeater turret that use a material shell since it was a particle base weapon. also the range almost the same as repeater turret.

Jan. 29, 2017, 6:03 a.m.

........ Seriously doubting that the devs can do anything right now

Jan. 29, 2017, 3:04 p.m.

If you think Flak Turrets are useless you have not played long enough to use them correctly or are unaware that they are the highest Damage dealing weapons of all the Primary or Secondaries despite their short range.

Flaks are Corvette Killers if you wait for them to be in the kill zone. One 4 round clip can down unwary vette which I do religiously. Also, when the battle sneaks up in your face, Flaks deal the most DPS and can help take down a larger ship quite fast if your reaction and circumstance allows it. Unload 4 Flak Rounds, switch to Primary until Flak reloads, switch back to Flak and repeat. Highest close range DPS.

I would never give up my Flaks. Indispensable Secondary.

Jan. 30, 2017, 12:44 a.m.

Also doubting their ability to do anything. The match making is beyond stupid. A tiered match making works in games like World of Tanks and World of Warships purely because there are more tiers of vehicles and the increase in effectiveness is gradual.

In Dreadnought the difference is almost double the effectiveness in the chosen role as the previous tier and this renders even a single ship one tier down effectively useless. nevermind tier 2 vs tier 4.

They need to do something and get in touch instead of staying quiet. what plans do they have, why are some ships so completely useless and what is been done about the terrible server stability and the matchmaking.

Jan. 31, 2017, 2:03 p.m.

Flak turrets are beastly. Just had to mention it. Carry on.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

Feb. 5, 2017, 12:23 p.m.

Flaks 4 life - especially on my Trafalgar, just skulk around taking potshots then get in close, Flak, 4 round clip, swap to primaries, unload, swap to Flak, 4 round clip, rinse and repeat, especially in combination with power to weapons and weapon amplification, it'll melt most ships of the same tier and as for lower? well ... ehh, the Agosta, you don't even need to bother with power to weapons or weapon amplification, considering your damage output by default is almost double to the tier 1 counterpart.

Tiering in this game like many have said just hurts it, the past iteration was far more enjoyable, unlocking ships via Ranks, purchasing said ships, then working on unlocking modules via Ranks to start working on the best loadout for you and your playstyle. Now it's well ... every maxed out ship will be pretty much the same ship, after-all, its removed the need/love of having a personal loadout, and here I thought Dreadnought was 'all about customisation' as the Devs and Community Mods tout over and over again. Oh really? wheres my customisation then? oh ... yea forgot I have to pay $30 for a skin and a figurehead, wooo customisation. It's turning into a game that caters to ONLY those that sink money into it, I'm more tempted to go play Fractured Space regardless of how broken it is ...

1. After you've fixed the server instability, please for the love of god fix the bugs
  2. Allow the F2P Crowd to EARN skins, figureheads and so forth, afterall ... the F2P crowd is the majority not the minority, I have bills to pay and mouths to feed.
  3. Strip away this tiering system, allow us to minmax the frick out of our ships loadouts, I want to see an Agosta setup by a smart player being able to contend with a Trafalgar, and a trafalgar being able to contend with the Oranto, instead of this, tier 1 being severely disadvantaged whenever they face they're tier 2 counterparts ... seriously a Trafalgar can strip an Agosta in seconds without the use of energy to weapons and weapon amplification.
  4. Allow ships such as the Agosta to use upgraded primary weapons so long as you've unlocked them via Rank, essentially ... again yea, allow us to use these modules on ALL ships, if you want to limit it, at-least limit it to specific Manufacturers, what about for example, oh I need Rank 15 in Jupiter Arms to unlock these new shiney Repeaters for my Jupiter Arms destroyers, yey I can now put it on my Agosta, or Trafalgar or Oranto, Virgo ... whatever destroyer.

Danke'

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.