FORUMS

some serious Vindicta concerns

Posted: //
Jan. 31, 2017, 5:21 a.m.

Tempestor you are perfectly entitled to defend the Vindictor but do you think that your arguments that the thing is fine from a balance perspective may come across as somewhat biased when you exclusively play one?

I've never played one, my friend does. From the perspective of someone who has played the Tier 4 Jutland/Lorica and Koshei I find playing against someone in a Vindictor in the current state of the game a bit of an issue. Not only do they find it elementary to blind the entire enemy team for a significant time which is powerful enough a tool in it's own right, it is way too easy for them to have a guaranteed kill from a ram.
The main issue imo is the power of select briefings, +30% damage when energy set to weapons, +100% speed when set to engines, these are way too powerful on this ship with these load outs. You can even add in the briefing that gives the Vindictor it's energy and module cooldowns back when it's health gets low, I am really not looking forward to when all them Vindictor pilots start running that aswell.

My take on it is I think certain modules/briefings in combination make certain ships way too powerful. Dreadnoughts are ridiculous with certain module/briefings for example, as a Dreadnought pilot I'd be the first to admit it, but in my mind Vindicator definitely needs some scrutiny in the first balance pass since the last patch. Is Vindictor the most imbalanced issue in the game? Not at all. Is it possibly too powerful? I would say it feels game breaking right now.

I feel I should also mention that I point out ram Vindictors immediately when I see them and it is very rare to kill one before they secure their ram kill. The counters to them are very specific and require someone on your team to have one, for it not to be on cooldown and for them to be in the right place to use it. The Vindictor is not balanced because there are extremely situational abilities on specific ships that are able to counter it.

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:22 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 31, 2017, 9:22 a.m.

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:40 a.m.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty good player at this game. I run an average K/D of 3.8/1, I know how to pick my fights, I'm good at countering big threats. Vindactas, however, are completely busted. When I see even one Vindicta on the enemy team, I usually just get butchered almost exclusively by it. The only ship I have a similarly difficult time dealing with is the Koschei, but the Koschei also can't just kill anything. Anytime. For any reason.

I generally advocate that this game is fairly well balanced, but the Vindicta (and Koschei) are my exceptions to that rule. I have NEVER seen a Vindicta do close to poorly. Almost every game that involves one, it's top of the scoreboard. They can simply get away with almost anything as they are absurdly manoeuvrable and their main armament is ridiculously strong. Sure, it's squishy, but it's also very hard to hit, can get out of a sticky situation in a hurry, and can out-dps anything it ever comes up against. It just ruins everything it sees, and then when you throw a ram on top of that you become a near-unstoppable death machine.

I'm not mad at the devs or anything for it- given how recently Progression 2.0 was added they need to give the game a bit of time to let players adapt before they can accurately assess the power of ships, but I think we can be reasonably sure that the Vindicta is more than a little too strong.

Make The Forums Great Again!

Jan. 31, 2017, 9:52 a.m.

Updated //
Jan. 31, 2017, 9:52 a.m.

Koschei is not extremely unbalanced, it's just a ship with a single purpose: heal.

This game would be extremely boring if you take away the healing element, you'd end up with a ton of ships that die in a few seconds, making ships like corvettes and vindictas even stronger.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:05 a.m.

I enjoy the healing mechanic, I'm just saying the thing's rate of healing is insanely high, making it almost impossible to kill whatever it's healing, and the damned thing is nearly impossible to kill itself with that officer briefing. Basically 30k health with unlimited shields.

I'm not saying it's broken, but in my opinion it is a tad overpowered. The Vindicta is completely busted though.

Make The Forums Great Again!

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:16 a.m.

Depends on the Koschei setup. Drain it, use the arty missiles wisely smile

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

It blows my mind you are trying to argue the Koschei is balanced, however please don't derail this thread.

Jan. 31, 2017, 2:02 p.m.

With a dread, I find the vindicta fairly easy to deal with. If they can't kill you with their full rotation, they are made out of paper. I fly a voronezh with (for now) t3 autoguns + t3 armor amplifier, and the vindicta is no big deal...especially if I swap my nuke for a broadside (which I rarely do, because starling nukes are fun).

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

Feb. 2, 2017, 7:42 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 8:40 p.m.

Nirahsa#7937 posted (#post-99808)

The Vindicta does not kill effortlessly, when a Vindicta rams into the enemy team and kills three people its because the team was not even shooting at it. I'm not talking about a coordinated effort, I'm talking about identifying an incoming target, accurately appraising its threat level and switching off from shooting the Dreadnought that a Koschei is healing and firing on the Vindicta.

It's the same principle as a Corvette, if you ignore a vette until it's right down your throats then chances are it will probably do some significant damage.

The Vindicta doesn't accelerate instantly, though being Oberon it gets up to top speed very quickly. It also does not change direction instantly, it has weight to it turns that is a bit better than a Vigo but it does not turn on a dime.

People have very terrible target prioritization in matches, they'd rather shoot at the Dreadnought that's 6km away than deal with the threat that's only 1km away.

While The Rams may need to be looked at balance wise, there is nothing off balance with the Vindicta's mobility. Especially since it's slower now than it was Pre-Shipyard.

I am so glad I never saw that. It would have driven me away from the game quickly.

Calm In The Chaos
To dominate one's enemies one must have a quick mind and a still soul.

Feb. 4, 2017, 5:54 p.m.

TorFORCE#0673 posted (#post-99992)
no matter what game you play, there are counter-play to every game. Last month I fly Harwich, This month I fly Lorica and I never saw COV or Vindicta as a threat.... there are suitable ship for suitable target , it just that every one want to fly the ship they want that why there were gap in the food chain. how many light TAC you seen in the game so far? even medium class TAC, people still focus to heal more than attack COV even it was a medium TAC... if it not about "skill" then what?

Sorry for off-topic.
What can you say about Harwich as a t4 ship? I'm having some doubts on buying it.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.