FORUMS

DREADNOUGHT ENTERS TECHNICAL BETA

Posted: //
Jan. 31, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

With the server stability fix live, we are confident in moving Dreadnought into a “technical beta” status. Our focus will be to collect more data on how our servers are performing with more players, and ensuring we have everything in place from a technical standpoint after our learnings from the stress beta test.

As you may have noticed, that little button at the top of the page that used to say ‘Sign Up’ says ‘Download’ now instead. This is intentional. We have removed the sign-up gate, allowing new players who may have missed the closed beta period to experience Dreadnought for themselves.

As we continue to prepare for our next phase of testing, we have removed Founder’s Packs from sale as well; this was a special discounted offer for a bundle of Hero Ships, closed beta access, and a few in-game goodies. The Hero Ships that comprised both the Hunter and Mercenary Packs will return to Dreadnought in future shop updates.

We look forward to putting our servers through their paces in this technical beta stage and sharing our exciting plans for Dreadnought with you in the coming weeks.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:35 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 31, 2017, 10:38 p.m.

Client still crashes when I alt tab.

Finished a game and did not get any rewards, Turns out the server was down. (Yet I have to pay maintenance when I log back in.)

I can see how the stability is there...
Further to this I am now forced to enter recruit matches and farm credits so I can then fly a ship of t3 for a few games. Definitely making progress and "Listening" to the players.

You are encourgaing players with more skill, Knowledge and ability to go back into recruit and kill new players over and over, How do you think that is going to encourage these new players to not only play the game but put there money into it.

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:46 p.m.

Server instability issue fixed...not, fixed respawn bug, hmmm...nope , future is dark for this game if u guys still "resolving " like that problems, u already lost over 50% of players cuz instability , please dont say "fixed" when its not.Ill still try to play this game for few days , if this problems wont be fixed, well, there's a lot of other game to be played

Jan. 31, 2017, 10:54 p.m.

In all fairness, you improve playing against people who are better than you. That being said, the issue of grinding credits in the lower tiers is understandable, albeit unintentional on the Developers part.

They're working on currency accumulation and different ways one is able to earn them through battles, and judging by today's patch, you can tell they're improving. That 20% increase is substantial but not incredibly substantial. I'm sure they are working with ideas and taking feedback on ways credits are earned.

I'm actually curious how credit earning is calculated, maybe a Dev can help me out with that smile

I have a few III's and IV's and sometimes the credit earnings are mediocre, but it depends on how well you do in the particular tiered game.. If you do bad, you won't earn much. If you do well, more credits/exp.

Main point is, they're working on it.. They're going to get a load of information regarding the credit per tier increase with the influx of new players. Those of us who have been in the alpha and early beta will obviously have more experience and knowledge of the game, but it's our job to trickle down this knowledge to those new players in the lower tiers and make the game a little less toxic smile

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:01 p.m.

That is great! I have a lot of buddies that have been trying to get into the closed beta.

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:20 p.m.

the only thing you fixed was the bug that made veteran matches playable everything else is the same their is no credit pay increase there is no credits given from the win booster you only made it harder to play your game.

I hope you actually fix the issues you listed in the patch notes soon good luck.

I WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT MAINTENACE

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:54 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 1, 2017, 12:38 a.m.

Edit: Downloading... Garbage dorm wifi is takin a bit.

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:30 a.m.

Happy to see this patch go live and as with the above comments of unresolved bugs, for anyone that remembers Battlefield 2 - that process can sometimes take a while (and in the case of bf2 that lasted after launch, 3 expansions in)

From what I can see the developer here has adapted the unreal 4 engine to a really unique play style of game.

Personally I don't get as much time to load up any game nowadays. Capital ship third person combat is not something that has a long history (I'm thinking yes EVE, and that other one ...Everspace) Thing is Dreadnought feels very much its own game, the ship balancing despite all complaints and few outstanding tweaks that are needed (the few Palos captains, I'm looking at you/me)

So in any case, for my 2 cents - the game makes good on my dislike of pay to win titles, I can pay to support the developer but otherwise I can also grind for a long time to achieve high tier fleets... that to me, is an investment on the part of the developer in the long game - for me, its player base in as much as the core game mechanic not making me feel pressured into a micro payment.

If I keep enjoying heavy weapons fire with shell casings (I have to imagine those in when necessary) the sizes of small cars - im going to buy those paint jobs to keep the developers installed with caffeine or whatever else keeps the team working on what is, IMO an excellent game.

I mean have you looked at the concept art?! In 200 years humanity will be searching through the great archives to find designs like that :p

With bugs - its still beta right smile bring on the open public stress tests!

More lore, also good.

Space guns work better with A) model detail (done) smile reasons how and why they make pretty sparkles or have long reload times ...

Keep up the great work in any case!

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:31 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 1, 2017, 4:28 p.m.

What in the world made you guys think open beta in this state is a good idea?

Feb. 1, 2017, 1:36 a.m.

o-deer

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.