FORUMS

Healing Balance: Repair Capacity vs Survivability (Fix)

Posted: //
May 18, 2016, 3:15 a.m.

Right now the only issue with healing is that the Koshei's healing output and armor make it the obvious go to option for most teams who have access to it. While yes, good corvs can still take one down, against a well organised team that's highly improbable (not to mention the skill of the healer playing into this).

The fix? Simply give the heavy repair beams to the Aion, and the medium beam turrets to the Koshei... easy fixed. This means that a good Aion captain with a good team can still dominate, however the healer is vulnerable enough to corvs and artys that it's not an overpowered combination. On the flip side, they can use a Koshei and be able to rely on the higher armor and defensive ability of the turrets to survive assaults from artys or corvs, but give up the high repair capacity in exchange.

Thoughts?
(As an aside, Destroyers are balanced this way, why aren't the Tac Cruisers?)

May 18, 2016, 3:21 a.m.

Dest with Nuke Torp or Ram just coasting in and taking out what ever healer is there...it's more of a sure thing to happen then a Cov.

The TC can survive and kill a Vette if it gets too close. Not the same story facing a Dest hunting it down.

May 18, 2016, 3:30 a.m.

No.
Bad idea.

Giving a fast ship such as the Aion the heavy repairbeam would make things a lot worse. It would dodge attacks more easily while still healing a lot of HP.
The Koschei meanwhile is way too slow to dodge anything. Sure, it has more HP, but what does that help if it cannot avoid fire? You should not underestimate the mobility of an Aion.

May 18, 2016, 4:31 a.m.

Oh I don't underestimate the mobility of an Aion, trust me. However I also know not to underestimate how mobile a Koshei can be when they want to (looking at custom Kosheis here, not a Kali). A halfway decent Kosh can be mobile enough to avoid a lot of dicey situations and just tough enough to withstand the rest.

Also, the point about destroyers is good... however if you're in an even halfway decent team the same destro normally won't get too much of a chance, best outcome in most circumstances would be a trade. The point is to fix the issue with those groups who dread pad and either sit in cover forever or roam the field with nigh impunity because of the Kosh outhealing coordinated fire from a full team.

Teams full of new players, etc. are an obvious exception to this rule. However this is looking at big picture (i.e game is still in beta, once it goes live organised groups will be much more common).

May 19, 2016, 2:57 a.m.

Sadly I am a new player. I enjoy the thought of healer but with higher rank players already going at it, finding I can barely heal while dodging being shot down or rammed. Specially rammed. Really good players pop in ram and pop out even before a clue to rest of the team. Luckily at times they make a sound that gives slight warning.

Sounds like I am whining, but I am not. Just saying.

Yeah, I went over there. I went over there, too. There is not here. So here must always go to there. TO HEAL PEOPLE! Least I tried.

May 19, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

The problem is in players who don't kill healers first
period
ships don't have souls and hands ya' know?

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.