FORUMS

Carrier Class Ideas 1.6

Posted: //
May 21, 2016, 4:09 p.m.

darkeyed01#0796 posted (#post-35578)

Zerek#7494 posted (#post-35526)

imo World of Warship was screwed by from the start due to it's medium. Dreadnought is a lot more up-in-their-face kind of action, which means a mini-map-interface would be counter intuitive compared to having squads controlled as a Primary Weapon.

If you balance the squads much like a primary weapon i believe the Devs would have a much easier time keeping carriers in check.

my worry is trying to prevent what happens in world of warships were the carriers run off and hide and keep spaming torps into everything. thats what i was worried
about. cuss its easy to see across a map so i am just worried about them sitting well outside everyones fire range while spamming infinte attack craft.

This is why we have Corvettes, Artillery and Light Destroyers though. The travel time for a Corvette to get to the other side of the map probably under a minute if you've got the Blink Warp and the Afterburner Modules. If we then adjust the Carrier Ships armor/health to about 30k - 40k we allow corvettes the ability to take them out in one prolonged run. Artillery and Light Destroyers would not have a much more difficult time taking care of Carriers.

The overall idea is that once you get close to a Carrier, they're screwed. Tweaking Speed, Armor, and Secondary weaponry choices to favor medium - long range you've got a ship that spells out suicide if they camp behind some mountain.

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

June 7, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2016, 3:42 p.m.

I vote for this. Adding in utility ships would be nice as well. Drones that can heal and enhance friendlies, web and otherwise disrupt enemy ships.

June 8, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

Updated //
June 8, 2016, 11:04 a.m.

@Zerek,nice write up man,if they gonna implement carriers some day,the Devs should take some notes from your idea.
Well done Sir.

"The First Of His Name"

June 8, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-37875)

@Zerek,nice write up man,if they gonna implement carriers some day,the Devs should take some notes from your idea.
Well done Sir.

Oh, stop it

June 9, 2016, 5:27 a.m.

All this ideas will be very hard to implement to the game.
I suggest easy way to make dreadnought into carrier (optionaly):
1. Buff/change primary modules -fighters/interceptors.
2. Add next IV module with even more fighters/maybe support fighters drones whatever OR simply module which would BUFF FIGHTERS!!!
Now u have dreadnought with many fighters BUT without warp and nukes (or very strong fighters).

Only big problem would be to balance fighters a bit, and maybe add some more control to them like 3 ways to control them
-aim at enemy+use module = they will attack up to some range (maybe unlimited would make more sense but that would be stupid because yee shoot and hide)
-aim at ally+use module = they will follow and defend
-aim at nothing+use module = they will follow you and defend u (much like now).

Remember that dreadnought without warp and broadside/nuke already is very much like carrier slow big heavy ... but fighters right now NEED tweaks and changes.

1. Pick artillery cruiser 2. Play like pro 3. Get suddenly attacked by vette 4. Press energy shortcut with unmatchable reflex 5. get rek because you set energy to guns.

June 9, 2016, 10:21 a.m.

Thanatoss#5395 posted (#post-37915)

All this ideas will be very hard to implement to the game.

I've never written more code than "Hello World", so i don't presume to know how difficult it would be to implement this. It is mostly just a base concept

I suggest easy way to make dreadnought into carrier (optionaly):
1. Buff/change primary modules -fighters/interceptors.
2. Add next IV module with even more fighters/maybe support fighters drones whatever OR simply module which would BUFF FIGHTERS!!!

Fun fact, Dreadnoughts have two more available modules than any other ship. The buffing to fighters/interceptors exists already and is called Module Amper, it gives you 30% extra damage on modules that you activate while you have energy to weapons.

Now u have dreadnought with many fighters BUT without warp and nukes (or very strong fighters).

Only big problem would be to balance fighters a bit, and maybe add some more control to them like 3 ways to control them
-aim at enemy+use module = they will attack up to some range (maybe unlimited would make more sense but that would be stupid because yee shoot and hide)
-aim at ally+use module = they will follow and defend
-aim at nothing+use module = they will follow you and defend u (much like now).

Remember that dreadnought without warp and broadside/nuke already is very much like carrier slow big heavy ... but fighters right now NEED tweaks and changes.

The problem that i see going this route is the player's interactivity with the game. I'm not sure that using fighters as a module presents the same level of feedback and tactical awareness that my own idea would, not to mention the fact that the modules sit on cooldowns that the player does not have any control over. In simple terms it becomes a lot more boring, something that is already prevalent with the current modules.

June 9, 2016, 12:07 p.m.

Guns have "cooldown" too, it is called reload.
Ur idea is good I would like to see something like that too but... why bother making something completely new from scratch if u can easily change what u have into it with minor changes.
btw Module Amplifier is "passive" skill not active module number 4 which would make u unable to take WARP or other.
Don't rage at me. Make it possible and as easy as possible so we maybe will see it.
Code isn't only problem. Devs would need NEW MODELS for 3 SHIPS!!! For now I see no hopes for that.
Next problem is that 6 classes and only 5 players in team is little problematic.
Last thing. Carrier isn't much different from dreadnought. Slow, big, take away warp and nukes.

I already know what u will say: "Dreadnought have good guns so they will be able to fight on theire own."
otherwise it would be boring to just shoot fighters and sit down.

Other already mentioned idea is to make every ship or heavy ship or maybe only dreadnought to have small fighters. It would feel that every player's ship is BIG. Now we have only this pointless npc fighters in background. Add to that fighters from module and it would be dreadnought with A LOT OF FIGHTERS.
Simple, no 3D models, don't have to change gameplay, don't have to add class.

1. Pick artillery cruiser 2. Play like pro 3. Get suddenly attacked by vette 4. Press energy shortcut with unmatchable reflex 5. get rek because you set energy to guns.

June 13, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

I think fighter/bombers should have a range like some of the missiles say 5k or 6k or something. Carriers number 1 enemy would be another carrier and a corvette.. well primary counter to a carrier

June 22, 2016, 1:25 p.m.

Updated //
June 22, 2016, 1:43 p.m.

I have some modifications to make to the performance of the Carriers as listed above. Carriers are naturally massive. Giving the heaviest carrier the hit points of a Medic does not seem particularly well balanced. The way I see a carrier is as a massive target (lets give the largest one 45,000 hp) , with fairly high (slightly faster than Invictus) strait line speed, but with the turning capabilities comparable to the Monarch, if not worse. I see it having fairly poor weaponry on itself (lets give it a medic's secondary weapon options and primary weapons comparable to a corvette's except with maybe a few more turrets that can fire at once -- but with fairly large blind-spots directly above and below). Basically, I think that any skilled corvette should not have overly large trouble killing one if isolated. Lastly, given how under-powered interceptors and other module aircraft are currently, I think that the carrier should have access to no less than 5 squads of 5 fighters a piece, or 3 squads of 4 interceptors a piece. It may not be a bad idea to add in a new type of aircraft like zarak suggested (the bomber) -- give it the slowest speed of all the aircraft in the game, but also make its bombs fairly powerful (lets say, one bomb from a bomber is worth 6.5 bombs from a fighter). If they do add in the bomber concept as well as the carrier, lets give the carrier 3 squads of 3, but make them only have one bomb available to them before they need to re-arm. To bar against the passive killer, I think that the bombers and interceptors should have no more than 1.5 times the speed of the Kreshnik (if not slower still (basically, just need to be slightly faster than trust amplified Valcor (not using engine rigger))), making them both possible to track back to the hiding carrier and limiting their use to that of surgical strikes. That said, I also think that Zaraks idea of limiting to 2 runs before reload is a good idea. As far as the modules go, I also think that the modules suggested at the beginning of this thread are pretty good.

Because of its size, blind-spots, lackluster on-board defenses, limited use of aircraft, and apparent sluggishness (and also the fact that anyone would be able to follow the aircraft or at-least point in its general direction -- it is my hope that this module for the carrier will be balanced enough and unique enough of a play-style to qualify as a new class of ship in the game.

June 22, 2016, 1:39 p.m.

Updated //
June 22, 2016, 1:39 p.m.

Ok i will tell it again. It is too hard to change whole game mechanic to exchange main gun for some kind of ships and it give up player freedom of play.
Btw. I see no way for it not being "noob-ship" - simply too easy or too weak especially in competitive.

Better ask for more fighter style modules for dreadnought and aim to customise your dreadnought into carrier. Guys you all ask for it to be slow (like dreadnought), not that tanky (dreadnought without armor amp maybe????) and have buffs (DREADNOUGHT have already armor "aura") so why cevs would even bother to actually create new ship class just to create something almost same.....
JUST BUFF fighters and add module for 4th slot that will buff fighters or give you even more fighters!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.