FORUMS

Community Hot Topics #0 - A First Taste

Posted: //
Feb. 2, 2017, 1:21 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 1:30 p.m.

Warp in bug...force warp in timer (even though i pressed spacebar) the timer counts down and just keeps looping.

game breaking issue.

why not just add a buff to ships that get mismatched? Like if your in a t1 against a t4 they get like 10% better stats overall.
it might not wind the battle for them, it could help even the odds. You could even scale the buff based on gap. maxing out at 10%. so for a t2 vs t4 it might be 8%, no t3 to t4 boost. you would only want to boost t2 ships and t1 ships with this. Loads of games normalize stats like this to assist with dungeon crawls, or pvp balancing.

Covenant of the phoenix is recruiting! www.cotp.info (make account and apply)
Live streaming and gameplay videos!
https://www.twitch.tv/starrskream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wU_kKCaRXyc1KuxfsUGoA

Feb. 2, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-101340)

Why is heavy corvette stronger than medium corvette ?

...wat.

I can take out many things with the medium corvette. The heavy corvette I can blow all my energy on weapons, use autoguns, and a drain missile and even artillery cruisers fly away with half health.

Kreshnik is garbage.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 2, 2017, 4:14 p.m.

Feb. 2, 2017, 4:39 p.m.

Hello.
Nice to hear this (about tank). I'm leveling stuff to make my Jutland the best tank/utility possible and it would be nice to have some reward on this. It was already an "issue" pre-shipyard, and it should be great to have fun AND being rewarded about it smile

About Jutland, I hope there is some plan to improve it. It's main gun is really not at the same level of DPS as the other T4 ship while it has lots of downside (range, rate of fire, spread).
It would be nice to have a little boost in speed. I was playing monarch pre-shipyard and if it was already the slowest ship of all, it wasn't that slow.
Now if we die far away without warp jump, there is a great deal of chance that we can't participate in the fight. Even with the full use of our energy bar into speed.

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:06 p.m.

MAINTENANCE

The best solution to the maintenance is going to be the fixed rate its simple there is no complexity to it and would be the hardest to mess up has long has its fair to players without elite status your golden looking forward to seeing more on this.

I WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT MAINTENACE

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:08 p.m.

Why is heavy corvette faster and stronger than medium corvette ?

That is a thing which enrages me A LOT. Cmon, why is the medium vette so awfully slow? Swap the speed with the heavy vettes!

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:09 p.m.

Hey Alasthor

I had a community member tell me the same thing about the jutland. (Shout out to Iconoclastics)
"the jutlands main gun fire rate is bugged. it is set at 0.65 fire rate when it should be 0.25"

I'm going to try to reach out and get some clarity if this is true smile

Alasthor#9495 posted (#post-101385)

Hello.
Nice to hear this (about tank). I'm leveling stuff to make my Jutland the best tank/utility possible and it would be nice to have some reward on this. It was already an "issue" pre-shipyard, and it should be great to have fun AND being rewarded about it smile

About Jutland, I hope there is some plan to improve it. It's main gun is really not at the same level of DPS as the other T4 ship while it has lots of downside (range, rate of fire, spread).
It would be nice to have a little boost in speed. I was playing monarch pre-shipyard and if it was already the slowest ship of all, it wasn't that slow.
Now if we die far away without warp jump, there is a great deal of chance that we can't participate in the fight. Even with the full use of our energy bar into speed.

DN_Thor Community/Streaming Manager for Dreadnought. Interested in Broadcasting?! Send me a ping!

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:11 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-101340)

Why is heavy corvette faster and stronger than medium corvette ?
What are the planned tweaks to Dola ?
Are there plans to better reward 'tanks' like Jutland in terms of score / xp / credit ?
What is the reasoning behind introducing the more lethal Dover in recruit tiers instead of the easier to deal with Fulgora ?

Heavy corvett's potential much harder to realize while medium corvett is much easier to play at any way

Not only tanks suffer from this xp system. Damage dealers should be rewarded for certain amount of damage too because there are a lot of games where 1 or 2 heavy tacs easily heal all team while your teammates even dont understand what game do they play at and you have to fight alone. There lots of games where your "lost" teammates dont focus one target and all your delt damage easily healed by tac.

The frag system should be totally changed. It's not right when you deal main damage to your enemy and then wily corvett or arty just make last hit to him and get full frag. Players should get an amount of xp equivalent to delt damage. For example you receive 160 xp for destroying enemy t4 ship. If you have delt ~80% of damage you will recieve about 120-130 xp. It will be fairly for all players in battle. Same problem with command ship when guy that made last hit gets 500 xp FOR NOTHING. It's very unfair.

And you are absolutely right, Dover is very overpowered at his tier

Feb. 2, 2017, 5:33 p.m.

I've been pretty bitter and salty as of late, but i signed on to commend this thread. It's nice to see some honest-to-God interaction with the community that directly addresses some of the key issues without being evasive. We'll see if anything actually comes of it but i give credit where it's due.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

Feb. 2, 2017, 7:59 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 8:07 p.m.

This by far has been my favorite method of communication from the Devs. Thank you for letting us know what you're working on as you're working on it!

Here's to no more Recruits in the Veteran matches!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.