FORUMS

end of the map

Posted: //
March 17, 2015, 1:51 a.m.

this random question just popped up in my mind:
what happens if you reach the end of the map? will you hit an invisible wall or will there be a "return to the battlefield" zone?
i guess normally you probably won't ever go to the end of the map, as most hiding objectives are/should be located in the inner zone of the map, but you know, just askin ;D

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 17, 2015, 9:17 a.m.

I personally hope for a "return to battlefield or you will die in x seconds", as i totally hate invisible walls

March 17, 2015, 11:58 a.m.

It would seem a little silly having Capital ships bouncing of invisible walls.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 17, 2015, 4:40 p.m.

well they wouldnt really bounce off, they'd explode i think, at least from what i saw from the pax-panel-vod.
meh was just wondering =P, i doubt that people even reached the map limits when they played at pax, they were probably all shooting at each other :D

March 18, 2015, 4:52 a.m.

There will be no walls to bounce against ;)

At the moment there is at first a flashing red warning that you should return to the battlefield.

If you still insist to fly away from the battle you will perform a warp jump back into the level - heading the right direction.

Stefan "Stiefel" Damberg
Engineer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 5:16 a.m.

There are two boundaries in each map, the warning boundary and the warp-back boundary. When you hit the warning boundary, a warning will appear on your screen telling you to return the the battlefield. If you continue you'll hit the warp-back boundary and your ship will be warped back to the battlefield near where you hit the warp-back boundary. This will also put you just outside the warning boundary so when you warp back you won't have warnings on your screen. In addition, the edge of the maps generally have less cover.

Nathan "nwood" Wood
Senior Level Designer, YAGER

March 18, 2015, 6:56 a.m.

Updated //
March 18, 2015, 7:01 a.m.

Thanks for the clarification guy's

This is very encouraging for me as a player because it shows me that the games being made by people who love playing games and who want to play this games.

The warp back to edge of the map point solution is simple but elegant, without playing the game I can't think of a stratigic advantage for using it but if you do lose your way it just points you towards the action at no cost.

Well played chaps

Cosmic.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 18, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

Wow I didn't even think of a warp back feature, that's genius! Much more elegant than a "turn back now or die" boundary!

@Cosmic for a strategic advantage as an artillery cruiser I could see myself getting fired upon from behind, boosting towards the map boundary and being warped back facing my attacker. Though it may not be as successful as simply turning it's the first kind of strategy that came to mind.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

March 18, 2015, 12:23 p.m.

thank you guys for the answer, that is probably the best solution to this that i have ever seen in a game, just amazing :D

March 18, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

Thank you for the answers guys ! The warp back seems a really good solution for the edge.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.