FORUMS

Jutland Problems

Posted: //
Feb. 3, 2017, 6:57 p.m.

Regardless I think everyone can agree the Jutland has problems and it needs some tweaking to be an effective but balanced ship.

Feb. 4, 2017, 4:12 a.m.

Beside the things that have been said (Weapons range and effectiviness) i really suggest to increase the warp jump range from 5k to 7k. That would help a lot in my eyes.

“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.”

Feb. 4, 2017, 10:46 a.m.

Microstar#9116 posted (#post-102157)

Beside the things that have been said (Weapons range and effectiviness) i really suggest to increase the warp jump range from 5k to 7k. That would help a lot in my eyes.

So the Artys can get 9k range? =D

Recruit Engineer

Feb. 4, 2017, 2:29 p.m.

Microstar#9116 posted (#post-102157)

If you change the range of warp jump like that it gonna effect every dreadnought class to the point that dreadnought can drop on arty really fast which reverse the role in food chain.

rather than power up Jutland, it would make voronetzh and lorica more deadly to every ship on the match. (even Jutland drop on target, it can't chase if the target focus power to thruster but the other 2 ship can.)

Feb. 4, 2017, 2:43 p.m.

Current r.ape squad composition is Jutland + Koschei + DPS

Buffing Jutland would be ludicrous

Balancing should be top down. If you have trouble making strong ships work, it isn't the ship that needs working on.

Against unprepared randoms, that squad will erase both your healers in their first jump alone and be in a good position to warp out again before dying.

People reported that Jutland's primary weapon dps numbers are bugged. Fixing anything beyond just that is unnecessary.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Feb. 4, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 4, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-102299)

Balancing should be top down. If you have trouble making strong ships work, it isn't the ship that needs working on.

Against unprepared randoms, that squad will erase both your healers in their first jump alone and be in a good position to warp out again before dying.

People reported that Jutland's primary weapon dps numbers are bugged. Fixing anything beyond just that is unnecessary.

Teamplay is the key to win in this game, which means that any team with good cooperation will crush teams without it. This dosn't mitigate the things said in this thread though.

Feb. 4, 2017, 4:40 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 4, 2017, 4:42 p.m.

Jutland is already strong.
Buffing it further will only make it deadlier than it has to be when used in squads.

1. Mobility is a non issue.
    Jutland is the initiator. Your team moves based on the Jutland's cue. If a Jutland has to 'respond' to his team for the entirety of a match, that Jutland is playing it wrong. If your team does not follow through on Jutland's initiation, it is their fault. On defense, mobility is peripheral.

2. Operational Range
    To quote the original post: 'it can leave cover and take a punch but doing so is at best a distraction as it can hardly fight back over a distance'

No Dreadnought in this game are meant to fight at a distance. Most common mistake I see in random queues is Dreadnoughts; the team's tank, sniping behind their own teams. When your tanks play passively it forces Destroyers to poke and bait while Corvettes go flanking solo without team support which is not ideal.

The operational range of a Jutland is not measured in the optimal distance of it's guns and modules. It is the space between the Jutland and his team AFTER he jumps on top of the enemy. Everything between him and his team is a kill zone.

This puts enemies in a dilemma. They either deal with the Jutland or deal with the rest of his team that are collapsing on their position. If they spread their firepower then the Jutland has more than a decent chance to warp out again since the cooldown on it is super low. If they focus the Jutland, then his healers are safe to tank him while DPS gets free shots in unretaliated.

No Dreadnought in this game are meant to snipe from behind his team.

Milchschokolade#0842 posted (#post-101831)
the ship is not meant to be versatile,...it feels like being a mere impediment to the rest of the team
its lacking ability to being able to help your team (either because it takes you two minutes to fly to them or because your range is to imited) makes playing with it a dull and at times frustrating experience rather than giving you the feeling of playing one of the mightiest ships of the Jupiter Arms Fleet.

-
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIC6T9I3lL4

I'm not even a Dread main or any good at Jutland. But it flies ok even on soloQ.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Feb. 4, 2017, 6:29 p.m.

KINE#3011 posted (#post-102299)

Not sure what game you have been playing but the koschei + dps+ any ship is a r.ape squadron lol. That has nothing to do with the ineffectiveness of the Jutland as a tank. People simply ingore it because it's not a threat...it can't hold any aggro when compared to other ships

Feb. 5, 2017, 8:35 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 5, 2017, 8:38 p.m.

honestly i saved 95000 to buy the jutland because i wanted to tank for my team and be able to dish out some damage... me thinking that the weakness of the jutland would be it's slow speed and lack of mobility... BUT OMG, WHAT THE F&%# IS THIS INSANELY BAD SHIP!

i can get how slow it is, but the main weapon is unusable, there is no point even using this ship had i know the tr4sh i was getting into, id had gone for the gravis/lorica route, this ship is so bad main weapon wise, it's a torment to play with it...

Main issues with the weapon
-Bad rate of fire
-Extremely inaccurate shotgun like guns
-Extreme short range to match
-Low Damage per round...

I'm so going to report in-game for a refund of the credits spent on this trash... over and over until someone gives back my 95000 credits i so hard worked... This ship is BAD, TERRIBLE BAD, how can someone even allow such main guns to get pushed through into the game is beyond my comprehension, the ship is completely neglectable on the battle field, who cares about a flying moving fortress if it brings sticks to a gun fight!

"mess with the best, die like the rest!"

Feb. 6, 2017, 2:05 a.m.

I feel the same way hopefully this will be addressed by the Devs relatively soon. They seem to have acknowledged the main gun is not intended to have such low dps.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.