FORUMS

Who is the best ship commander in science fiction and why is it William Adama?

Posted: //
March 19, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

If we're including books, I'd stick Tanya Desjani from the Lost Fleet series in there. A woman I would very much not like to be on the wrong side of.

Exitus acta probat.

March 19, 2015, 5:19 p.m.

I said it on the Facebook post and I'll say it again...

Captain Avatar of the Argo from Starblazers. Takes his crew to He!! and back and comes out on top. All while being as calm as a Tom Petty song.

P.S. WAVE MOTION GUN wink, wink nudge, nudge

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 21, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

Defenetly Admiral Kaminska she gave it all on the Howling Abyss of the Word Bearers wich was a ship of abot double the sice of hers and she fought with out fear.

Ich möchte eine Deutsche Dreadnaought community starten schick mir ne PM und ich liefer zum Betastart ein TS.

March 21, 2015, 4:39 p.m.

Benjamin Sisko's beard. It once hopped off of his face in the middle of the night and led a successful raid on a Dominion base.

Spork's Guide to the Fulgora and Medusa

Medusa and Murometz gameplay

March 24, 2015, 4:17 a.m.

Do Marines count? I'd nominate Colonel Miles Quaritch from Avatar, known for sipping good cups o' joe while burning blue space injuns with the giant floating pile of guns that is Papa Dragon.

In the name of Korvettenkapitän Theodor Detmers, may the shenanigans begin.

May 6, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

So if someone nominated admiral Akbar as best commander ever...

June 23, 2015, 2:14 a.m.

If anime counts then, the best Ship Commanders are Murrue Ramius and Bruno Global (Gloval). Bruno commanded the SDF-1 through more than a half of our solar system while being chase by a fleet of zentraedis . Ramius leaded the Archangel through a nightmare (chased by ZAFT and the Earth Alliance) with just 1 Gundam and 1 Fighter TWICE

June 30, 2015, 12:48 a.m.

my money is on if anyone has read the honor Harrington series by david weber and the a galaxy unknown series by Thomas deprima would be on admiral honor Harrington and and admiral janette a. carver. they both have a knack for beating the odds while either out numbered and outgunned. plus at being masters of the unexpected battle tactics and having a solid core of trusted commanders around them.

July 14, 2015, 2:07 p.m.

Agreed on William Adama.

July 22, 2015, 12:49 a.m.

Updated //
July 22, 2015, 12:50 a.m.

It's Captain Avatar from Star Blazers or Space Battleship Yamato without a doubt. Made the hardest decisions and was willing to sacrifice himself and crew to save humanity.

Cairne-"Did you just kill him?", Rigel-"Yes.", Cairne-"Why?"
Rigel-"Because he was stupid.", Cairne-"That's not a crime on this planet!"
Rigel-"It's not?", Cairne-"No!", Rigel-"Dang, I hate this planet!"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.