FORUMS

dreadgame appdata folder

Posted: //
May 24, 2016, 8:59 p.m.

Updated //
May 24, 2016, 9 p.m.

Hi I've been wondering if i can delete the DreadGame-backup files in the logs folder? because it consumes space and I needed
to free some space..

May 24, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

I believe we are talking about the %LOCALAPPDATA%\DreadGame\Saved\Logs correct? In my directory I only have log files, totaling to about 18.4MB.

If we are just talking about log files (those files ending in .log) I would say you might want to back them up somehow before you remove them. (E-mail them to yourself, place on USB stick etc) I'm not a fan of deleting data, much less logs.

I would generally leave the DreadGame.log file around (in case it gets rotated out, another process may expect it to be there) but if these log files are massive in size, you may want to have a look inside and see whats in them and report to support.

Just for kicks, I moved all the old logs out of that directory (%LOCALAPPDATA%\DreadGame\Saved\Logs) and the game still launched fine, and I was able to login. Checking the directory, a new "DreadGame.log" file was created that was 129KB.

Cheers!

Manually Setup Dreadnought to work with Steam
Snib's 100% unsupported Automagic Steam Launcher App

May 24, 2016, 11:20 p.m.

log files document what the client is doing, they are useful to figure out what was happening when you encountered a bug, so unless you need them for that you can safely delete them, there's no reason to keep them.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

May 25, 2016, 1:19 a.m.

okay thanks because 2 of the log files almost have 400+mb each i deleted them i think it was the previous bugs i encountered before when letting the launcher stay up too long game closes.. thanks again!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.