FORUMS

Reward team play when calculating scores?

Posted: //
Feb. 6, 2017, 7:43 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 6, 2017, 7:55 a.m.

The game right now focuses a lot on scoring for yourself.

• Try to avoid maintenance by getting the most scores
  • Try to get last hits to try and get a kill for credits and some points for your score (especially as healer)
  • Try getting the most kills for yourself so you take the most out of the match

This introduces issues such as:

• Team builds, which requires modules that debuff rather than damage, they don't score well
  • Healers which don't get rewarded with kills thus get less credits
  • Non-healers which have a tough time scoring points vs a healer
  • Teamplay, I will guarantee that I have the top score to avoid maintenance, don't care about the rest
  • Shooting at a ship for 30 seconds + and get not even an assist (tacs, dola, jutland, etc)

If the rewards at the end are not solo based, but team based, I can go full CC mode and be a real asset to my team, without having the pressure to score. When playing the Aion or Koschei for example, at any given tier, I will often stop healing to try and get a last hit of someone who's about to die so I can get that bit of credits, even if that means my team member dies because of that.

I know it sounds selfish, but this is how the majority of the players play, including myself. The grind is pretty bad as it is and I take every bit of extra that I can do to make it more bearable.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Feb. 6, 2017, 3:29 p.m.

I believe the devs have already said they are looking to rebalance the reward system. Completely agree with you about needing more opportunities for CC/tanking/etc. to generate rewards.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

Feb. 7, 2017, 1:42 a.m.

To be honest, the reward system for me as a healer is way better than the one for DPS dealers. Every 5k to 10k of heal that I do, I get 15 to 20 pts. Then I get an assist if you make a kill while I'm healing you. If you buff a teammate, you do get a ribbon, it's concentrator or something. The best group is a tac, dread, and destroyer all in a pack. The tac heals the other two, the destroyer screens for smaller stuff (vettes and artys) the Dread takes on other dreads and destroyers. If the tac is an aion, it can even stack all three on one target if you really want it dead. For example, there is a near certainty this was considered by the devs. Look at the boost fields. The tac has overclock, the dread armor, and the destroyer weapon. Like OP says, too many artys and vettes, since they have enough burst damage to do a kill on their own.

Feb. 7, 2017, 8:23 a.m.

But you don't get credits as they are connected to kills smile

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Feb. 7, 2017, 8:58 a.m.

Yeah, I believed that someone already mentioned about this matter before like exclusive credit reward for healer or tanker not only just for killer so that would make people focus their role more than killing or last shot. for Healer even you got 5k score, you still only reward with 800 credit which that same reward as other ship that only score 1-2 kills

Feb. 7, 2017, 1:24 p.m.

I've been playing the game for a few days now and despite its rough edges I'm enjoying it so far.

But..
Is that true? About the kills-credit gain correlation? I haven't paid much attention to the exact amounts I was getting. What's the purpose of the scoring system then?

Feb. 8, 2017, 3:58 a.m.

I'm absolutely in favor of rewarding teamplay. Actually gaining credits is mainly tied to kills . In a team based game teamplay should be rewarded more.
Some examples:
-Shiny vette does 14/14/0 so literally suiciding the whole game and contributing nothing in TDM gets way more credits than a dreadnought tanking a bunch of dmg and protecting his team with 6/2/8
- Ram can or storm missile/goliath destroyer charging the whole match into the enemy fleet scores again 14/14/0 and gets way more credits than a medium tac healing and scaring of enemy vettes. The tac could score even 6k points and will not even get close to the destroyer in terms of credits gained.
- A Palos scaring of 3 or 4 enemy vettes from ganking the allied three snipers gets no reward if he does not score kills while the unharmed snipers decide the match.

I could go on like this but I think the point here is clear. Teamplay actions like assists, healing, tanking, scaring vettes/vindictas off without killing them should be higher rewarded.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.