FORUMS

Experience so far

Posted: //
Feb. 7, 2017, 8:05 p.m.

Hi Guys,

Thoughts on your suggestions:

The last game I bought for myself was on Game Cube, I think. It was one of those shooters that allowed you to point a gun shaped controller at the screen. Something about an alien invasion. I found it irritating that the kids were so good with the regular controller and that the game had no realistic random number generator. The aliens always showed up in the exact same spot and I watched my kids anticipating this in their game play. I was hoping for a shooting range experience in front of my own TV.

I've been working with 3 button mice since about 1982, before the Macintosh computer was announced. My mouse work is OK in the 3 button world. I think more than a couple of other buttons would be more confusing to me that I'm willing to deal with.

The voice activation is intriguing, but my principle problems are movement once someone starts shooting at me. I use to favor joysticks back when the only games were ones you put quarters in, and I think that would help as I have some reactions that work in that arena. I think I have identified a joystick that would work, just trying to make sure I'm going to be in this game for the long haul (six months or more).

My sons are usually picking other games to play at the moment, so my long term involvement is somewhat tenuous, something about finding a game we could enjoy together.

Feb. 8, 2017, 5:34 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 8, 2017, 5:37 a.m.

If you think PC gaming is something you will continue to do I recommend developing muscle memory for WASD + LMB + RMB controls.

Alot of action games use this control scheme and would diversify the number of different titles you can possibly enjoy.

Something you could do is to buy a single player shooter on Steam and just mess around versus easy bots. A couple hours a day of just mindlessly jousting versus bots over and over. Wouldn't take long before neural wirings start connecting and you playing like a teenage progamer.

By far the cheaper and more rewarding investment imo. A cheap $10 shooter that doesn't even have to have stellar ratings. Just something to practice on on a daily basis.

It's like going to the gym or doing cardio. These things take time investment to develop. And like those things its only a matter of minutes per day but done frequently that give good long term results.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Feb. 8, 2017, 4:36 p.m.

KINE's idea is a good one to be honest. There is a game on steam called warframe which is basically a first person shooter that all you do is fight bots. It's 100% free and fairly quick and easy to learn. You can play vs varying strengths of bots, alone or with others. Either way its a free FPS that you could use to practice wasd movements with. Once you fully master those basic movements there are ways to combine modifies (like shift) just like this game has to further your mobility. But simply using wasd to get a handle on it is plenty acceptable until you reach the point in which you're ready to up the difficulty.

Feb. 8, 2017, 5:13 p.m.

img

good place to dull your senses in preparation for grinding in Dreadnought too smile

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

Feb. 8, 2017, 6:21 p.m.

Hahah that is true, now THAT game has some serious grinding to it. Pretty much the only aspect of the game hahaha. Although the grind still isnt as bad as diablo

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.