FORUMS

All my Friends Just Quit :(

Posted: //
Feb. 7, 2017, 3:24 p.m.

The reason for them not bothering with the game anymore? Not the grind, Not the progression system or even the maintenance.

The reason they left "I cannot contirbute in my T3" "The tiered matchmaking is not fun at all" "Im plinking away at the HP then they decide its my time to die" All things they have said.

The tiered matchmaking is just bad smile To much increase in power between tiers to consider the matchmaker allowing even 1 tier above and below smile

Feb. 7, 2017, 4:18 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 7, 2017, 4:20 p.m.

Whatever man, you already know the answer:
It's beta.
And there's a reason behind all this.

If fixing all critical game issues takes so long - that just means devs dont care about newcomers and online much, on this stage of technical beta. Not that much to hurry up, or hire more people to help with development.

And if you feeling lonely - I could be your friend =)

Feb. 7, 2017, 4:28 p.m.

I blame the continued erosion of the word 'Beta' in the game industry. Once upon a time, in days of yore, a Beta was exactly that: a period of testing and tweaking, and lo, people did expect things to be broke.

Now, with game companies often using the word to excuse inadequacies in an unpolished yet released product, people expect a game in Beta to be closer to a polished commercial title when they sign up - and are surprised and disappointed when they find a game like DN that actually is a beta, with beta issues.

I'd tell your friends to instead take a break. Come back in a month or two.

Feb. 7, 2017, 5:24 p.m.

If iam gonna quit its because of this which happens 5-6 times a day smile and ONLY at good game play.

First 30 sec of the Video

Feb. 7, 2017, 7:37 p.m.

I'm going to continue to play but I'm going to complain over and over about maintenance. You shouldn't be punished for wanting to play your ships. And definitely not enough so that the maintenance cost is MORE than you get WITH ELITE.

I get that they have maintenance in the game so people buy elite and whatnot. but even having that doesn't help.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 7, 2017, 8:19 p.m.

You know, at work when a new revision of software has too many bugs to be productive, we roll back to the previous revision. Something about making money.

Personally I think maintenance ought to be about how many times you "died' in that match. 0-1, no maintenance. 2-4 would invoke the first level of maintenance. 5 or more the next level of maintenance. No level of maintenance should be more than 1/2 your base earnings allowing for different costs for different people (something that computers are good at keeping track of).

Feb. 7, 2017, 8:28 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 7, 2017, 8:30 p.m.

layinout#5947 posted (#post-103591)

You know, at work when a new revision of software has too many bugs to be productive, we roll back to the previous revision. Something about making money.

Personally I think maintenance ought to be about how many times you "died' in that match. 0-1, no maintenance. 2-4 would invoke the first level of maintenance. 5 or more the next level of maintenance. No level of maintenance should be more than 1/2 your base earnings allowing for different costs for different people (something that computers are good at keeping track of).

I like this idea. I also have the idea of when you lose, you only pay maintenance on the ships you USED -AND- DIED with. if you don't want to pay it you just cant use the ship until you do. but the others remain unlocked. This kinda sorta also gives people an excuse to play multiple ships... I think I'm alone but If I was saving up I would just let the maintenance accumulate until I had no more veteran ships left. Then decide what to do.

But yeah, I shouldn't have to have an increased maintenance cost for the Tier IV Kali in my lineup that I only use in situations where there's no other healers. Unless I use it.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 7, 2017, 9:18 p.m.

Silver#9012 posted (#post-103586)

I'm going to continue to play but I'm going to complain over and over about maintenance. You shouldn't be punished for wanting to play your ships. And definitely not enough so that the maintenance cost is MORE than you get WITH ELITE.

I get that they have maintenance in the game so people buy elite and whatnot. but even having that doesn't help.

It's already been said many times over, the high cost of maintenance is not intentional. This game is a beta, there are bugs, things will get beta. If you cant handle it then wait for release. But the devs are aware of the maintenance issue but considering it doesnt stop you from actually playing, I'm sure they have greater things to worry about atm. For example, the game more recently switched to open beta, I'm sure you notice the server issues due to the added stress of more players, this probably is a million miles higher up on the "to do" list than fixing the numbers for maintenance. Not every issue can be addressed at once, those that are the most crippling, most likely have the first priority.

Be patient, it is beta, all will be well.

Feb. 7, 2017, 10:32 p.m.

I so much agree with Kiiyor, devs and gamers alike are using the "Its in beta card waaaaay to often".

There was a time when you were in a beta you were extremely close to playing a released version of the game in terms of mechanics and most major things were just working.

Sure things like balance changes and little bugs will crop up but "thats" what beta is for. Not to completely overhaul the game or completely break it. This is what you do in the alpha phase of game development.

Dreadnought is having some severe issues and I am not even talking about grind issues or balance issues. But nasty issues like the matchmaker and certain mechanics not working properly. Not to mention we are in a "technical beta" which is pretty much open beta now. So they are very close to releasing it and going live. Not only do I find it troubling that there are still quite a few issue but they want to push it into live in this state or atleast thats the impression I am getting.

Plus to top it all off, there will be no more wipe meaning that closed beta testers will take all their progress into live. Which makes no sense to me what so ever, this means all closed beta players will be miles ahead of new people coming in. By then I certainly hope newer players will never see a T4 ship until they can actually fly one themself because o boy the tears will almost be worth licking up at that point.

Also those that buy a merc pack now, they get their 30 elite status.... But it cleary says that they will be rewarded the 30 days when the game goes live... But we are in beta are we not ?

Feb. 7, 2017, 10:53 p.m.

Zuroke#5503 posted (#post-103635)

Silver#9012 posted (#post-103586)

It's already been said many times over, the high cost of maintenance is not intentional. This game is a beta, there are bugs, things will get beta. If you cant handle it then wait for release. But the devs are aware of the maintenance issue but considering it doesnt stop you from actually playing, I'm sure they have greater things to worry about atm. For example, the game more recently switched to open beta, I'm sure you notice the server issues due to the added stress of more players, this probably is a million miles higher up on the "to do" list than fixing the numbers for maintenance. Not every issue can be addressed at once, those that are the most crippling, most likely have the first priority.

Be patient, it is beta, all will be well.

Actually maintenance can be changed and is not a set amount but they have not said that the costs are unintentional. They set them that high, No bug involved.

They removed a bug that allowed you to reduce the maintenance cost. maintenance stops you from playing tier 3 or above if you are just starting out since 1 loss means you can no longer afford the repair.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.