FORUMS

Dreadnought slug torpedo thoughts.

Posted: //
June 10, 2016, 6:42 p.m.

Been testing out this weapon for a couple days and I'm gonna have to call it almost completely useless in its current state. They are extremely slow to fire which is to be expected but their tracking abilities are extremely limited as well. Heck even a monarch dreadnought has no problems dodging slug torpedos. When they do manage to hit something that is standing still they will deal considerable damage but using the other abilities are much more reliable. Vulture missiles outclass the slug torpedos in just about every way right now and there is almost no reason not to take vultures into battle instead of these broken slug torpedos.

June 10, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

Dread torps are configured to only track in the time between 1 and 2.5 seconds after launch, so only use them within short range, ideally helped by dropping a stasis pulse on the target.

However, there is indeed no reason to use slug torps, light torps are superior to them in every way with the only disadvantage of having a smaller hitbox, so something should be done to make slug torps an interesting alternative.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 12, 2016, 7:15 p.m.

I found them useful at lvl 9 and into 10 when i got them on invictus vs gora. But after that I have to agree, they rarely(if ever) hit anything.
Also u forgot slow moving and fire straight at the enemy rather than up and over like missile.

April 3, 2017, 4:58 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-38056)

Dread torps are configured to only track in the time between 1 and 2.5 seconds after launch, so only use them within short range, ideally helped by dropping a stasis pulse on the target.

Nice tip thanks!
I wanted to try slug torps on my Jutland after the last patch, and at first I was really disappointed with 'em.
Using em with stasis pulse really worked for me, but I think I'm replacing em with triad pods soon.

April 3, 2017, 5:58 p.m.

The problem is our ever lazy devs did the exact same thing with modules that they did with ships: They copy pasted and then tweaked the damage/range/speed to create the illusion of choices.

What we really need are distinctly different classes of missiles and torps with clear strengths and weaknesses instead of the current system where one or two options trump all their pale copy-paste siblings.

I mean just look at the buff/debuff missiles. They're all the same, same speed, same range, same damage, same # of missiles, the only 'differences' are literally the color and the effect. That's fake variety. Then there's the fact that missiles are just outright too pathetic to really matter. They're countered by everything under the sun including their own pathetically sluggish speeds and tracking abilities.

-Citizen Soldier -"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

April 3, 2017, 7:39 p.m.

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-115939)

The problem is our ever lazy devs did the exact same thing with modules that they did with ships: They copy pasted and then tweaked the damage/range/speed to create the illusion of choices.

What we really need are distinctly different classes of missiles and torps with clear strengths and weaknesses instead of the current system where one or two options trump all their pale copy-paste siblings.

I mean just look at the buff/debuff missiles. They're all the same, same speed, same range, same damage, same # of missiles, the only 'differences' are literally the color and the effect. That's fake variety. Then there's the fact that missiles are just outright too pathetic to really matter. They're countered by everything under the sun including their own pathetically sluggish speeds and tracking abilities.

Lincrono I know the feeling, but if I have to say mine, I really like playing Dreadnought at all.

I see your point, but since I started playing this game, things are gradually getting better...
Maybe slowly if you want, but it's not that bad I think! smile

Aug. 19, 2017, 1:04 a.m.

Honestly i think the missiles and torpedoes need better descriptions to, eg: activation times, minimum range, missiles torp nature , eg: i don't know if any one notices but jackal torpedoes require far more room in order to succesfully launch them, when you launch them they shoot out a fair distance before actually activating, the other one would be homing capabilities , i know some one said torpedoes have no homing capabilities but they all do to some extent if they are within a certain distance of the target.
As for slugs i havnt used them that much, but they should have been more reliable due to the number required to hit to get max damage as its only 2 torpedoes that need to connect, i think its the speed mostly that lets it down, that or a larger detection radius for when the guidance kicks in.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.