FORUMS

Emdrive: Will It Actually Work?

Posted: //
March 24, 2015, 1:08 p.m.

Captains,

For those of you unfamiliar, the Emdrive is possibly a new and revolutionary means of propulsion in space. NASA is currently testing the drive (and it's crazy laws of physics breaking claims).

What are your thoughts? Is it finally time for a space travel revolution, or is this a bunch of sci-fi hooey?

-Drakane

March 24, 2015, 1:23 p.m.

Updated //
March 24, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

I kinda understand the principles of the engine :-S it would be a great step forwards if we can get away from combustible propellants when going to Mars, It might mean return trips are possible maybe even a shuttle bus service lol.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

March 26, 2015, 3:55 p.m.

And they recently found out that Kepler-186f is similar to Earth.
Putting the two things together...

The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

March 26, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

The implications (and maths) of that article terrify me. But mainly the maths.

Exitus acta probat.

March 27, 2015, 1:46 a.m.

I definitely think it's something to keep our eye on as NASA tests it more. Having propulsion that wasn't based on combustion would be a huge step for mankind. We'll have to see where NASA takes it but I would definitely expect future space crafts to get their propulsion from an Emdrive. Only time will tell.

Dreadnought Reddit - Moderator Dreadnought Discord Server - Admin

May 6, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the EM drive's warp field actually discovered on accident?

May 6, 2015, 3:21 p.m.

May 11, 2015, 2:08 p.m.

WHO'S READY FOR WARP DRIVE?! Let's hope the Vulcans contact us before the Klingons do.

May 13, 2015, 7:13 p.m.

Drakane#2657 posted (#post-2701)

WHO'S READY FOR WARP DRIVE?! Let's hope the Vulcans contact us before the Klingons do.

But who wouldn't love a cloaking device ;-)

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

May 19, 2015, 8:59 a.m.

CosmicNite#9570 posted (#post-2730)

But who wouldn't love a cloaking device ;-)

Pretty sure our science is closer to making a functioning cloaking field than to making a warp drive...

Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.