General Discussion

General Feedback - Played Alpha, came back to play some beta

POSTED //
Feb 14, 2017 at 01:54 AM UTC 

Hey,

I enjoyed the game a bunch but I'll echo some of the sentiments around here. Especially having to play ship classes that make no sense to unlock others. Looking at the jupiter arms, Jumping from Tier 2 to Tier 3 - I have to play the dover. I'm not particularly good with the class, and in general it's not terribly useful in pick-up games (non-squad). I can pick off some repair ships or snipers - but it isn't really my thing. So, I'll play it - when I don't enjoy it and I don't feel like I'm contributing much to get to the Palos.

However, it feels like all the problems that were here when I left are still much in place. It's a beautiful game and is great for 20-30 hours. I can't see myself playing this indefinitely. So, I'll probably put another 5-10 hours into this game (which I haven't paid anything for yet; because it hasn't really done anything that I want to pay to play for) and uninstall.

Game's solid but there's a ton of matchmaking games that do this pretty well, and the pace of this game is slower without the satisfaction of tactical positioning that flying 'larger' ships would generally give me.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 06:54 PM UTC 

Game was better in alpha and early beta than it is now. It was closer to being release-ready, and it really is a shame to see how badly the devs are missing the point of what worked about the model before.

We HAD a more stable (and larger) playerbase, and they threw it away, and they're continuing to push forward in spite of the consistent and valid feedback they're getting on how to get players to come back to the game.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 05:44 PM UTC 

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-107922)

Game was better in alpha and early beta than it is now. It was closer to being release-ready, and it really is a shame to see how badly the devs are missing the point of what worked about the model before.

We HAD a more stable (and larger) playerbase, and they threw it away, and they're continuing to push forward in spite of the consistent and valid feedback they're getting on how to get players to come back to the game.

Pretty much this. Week after week we get similar feedback from new, and returning players addressing the same issues. Gee, I wonder what that could insinuate. This game is going the route of Firefall, which I had the misfortune of witnessing the death of. At some point in the future we'll probably get some idea of exactly what went wrong, and who is responsible.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." ― Zhuge Liang

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.