General Discussion

Bombers-why?

POSTED //
Feb 14, 2017 at 02:05 AM UTC 

1. They are so slow that my Jutland can keep up with them. A reversing light dreadnought can outrun them.
  2. The mines they deploy will not detonate unless the enemy is flying into them, because the 140m trigger radius is so small yet the jets drop the mines far away from targets.
  3. They don't attack. Most of the time they follow my ship despite clear target instructions. Sometimes they head towards random directions, while going in circles.
  4. They die to any damage. Instantly. Using them in any way in a fight equals dead bombers.
  5. The advertised cooldown is 30s. It is 45s when I actually use them.
  6. They have maximum flight time. Combined with their speed, they will never make it out of 3km range. In order to deal max possible damage, they need to do 2 attack runs. However, even on stationary targets at point blank range, they refuse to fully release even the first attack run.
  7. The advertised max damage is 6000 max damage. Each bomber's mine only does a small portion of that. Combined with the astronomically small chance of a mine hitting, there is no hope in doing any damage at all.
  8. When they actually want to go after something, they will go for a straight path towards... where the enemy was 30s ago. And they get stuck in geometries. Even sperms know how to navigate better than those bombers.

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 01:47 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 15, 2017 at 01:51 PM UTC

So far, trying to use your dread as a carrier is pointless. The fact you have to chose between which types of ships to deploy (since they are all on module 1), only makes it worse. Better off going for nuke, tartarus, or starlings. Maybe this will get reworked in the future, but at the moment there is no added value.

Maybe if types of ships were split along different modules, the carrier experience could be better captured.

1 launches fighters + interceptors together (could be use as an anti-vette/light dest option).

2 launches bombers (they need to be reworked into torpedo bombers rather than mines).

3 launches support + AML.

4 mobility/durability.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 02:25 PM UTC 

Agreed this really needs to be looked at

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 02:52 PM UTC 

Awww, i was looking fwd to a monarch carrier lol! Hope strike craft get some love

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 03:30 PM UTC 

Tyllius#3210 posted (#post-107216)

Maybe if types of ships were split along different modules, the carrier experience could be better captured.

1 launches fighters + interceptors together (could be use as an anti-vette/light dest option).

2 launches bombers (they need to be reworked into torpedo bombers rather than mines).

3 launches support + AML.

4 mobility/durability.

This reminds me of a suggestion i made few months ago.

Primary Module : Dmg Fighters,engaging only at specific far targets,like the Interceptors we have already.Range could be around 12-14 k,those jets would carry firepower only for one heavy attack with limited Fuel capacity.They are easier to destroy,due to sucrificed armor for higher speed.aAfter every run they should return for refueling and reloading.if they get destroyed,the relaunching cooldown is higher.

Secondary Module: Dmg Fighters that engage at medium range,something around 7k.Those jets are more durable that the Interceptors but a bit slower.Again after every run they should return back to the Mother Ship.
(Both Primary and secondary fighters can be sent to specific target pointed by the Captain)

Perimeter Module : Defence Fighters that circle the Mother ship Dreadnought and defend whenever enemy ship is at their range(also would be fun if you point to a teammate you could send them to defend that target).Defence jets would have more armor than any other jets but they are slower too.After a short amount of time they should return to the dreadnought for refueling,if they are destroyed the cooldown is higher to relaunch.
Alternative solution could be defending Bombers or jets equipped with Dsitruptor abilities.

Internal Module:Support Jets that dont carry any firepower at all(or maybe they would but with the lowest dmg pull).something like the drones we have already in game,they can mini repair the target or give em a bit of energy back,alternatives could be drones equipped with mini pulse that interacts only on one target(armor or dmg boosting).Again as the rest jets after some amount of time they should return for refueling,and if they are destroyed the cooldown is a bit higher.

"The First Of His Name"

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 05:48 PM UTC 

Whew, thanks for this. Going to absolutely scrap my progression for one of those ships.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." ― Zhuge Liang

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 09:09 PM UTC 

The other day I was actually looking at it wondering if this would work - now I definite know - thanks!

The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.”
― Carlos Castaneda

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 01:09 AM UTC 

Ty for info. I'm close to acquire the Lorica and wanted to try fighters or bombers but now I'll avoid them.
P.S: are fighters and interceptors broken too or just bombers?

The bigger the better.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 01:40 AM UTC 

I think interceptors suffer from similar problems, since the AI on jets are not fully developed. Fighters are not as bad though. They only have one simple task.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 01:53 AM UTC 

Krysae#8309 posted (#post-108204)

Ty for info. I'm close to acquire the Lorica and wanted to try fighters or bombers but now I'll avoid them.
P.S: are fighters and interceptors broken too or just bombers?

Interceptors suffer from the fact that they do not stick to their target, so they might just go towards the closest target. Their speed is debatable too.

Fighters seem to be just weak, not sure if you can still hit them, but would expect this, so the moment they gather around a target they might block your shots and get destroyed.

I really like sarcasm, but this "Good Morning!" is a bit over the top.

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.