FORUMS

Constant CTD/Unreal CTD

Posted: //
June 12, 2016, 5:17 a.m.

Hey guys, Been having an issue with my game where almost every single match I get into I either get a straight CTD or an Unreal Engine CTD. Ive tried messing around with my graphics settings (all drivers are up to date and working fine), my network (thought maybe it was my ping or something), etc. I've played around 30+ rounds so far in total, I think I've -MAYBE- finished 15 rounds all the way back to the main hanger. Every other time its mid-match crash. (usually ends up being on my better matches too! lol )
I did try to ask for help over on the Unreal support site, but they just told me to take my Spaceship lovin self back over to these forums.
Do you guys have any suggests on what I could do or try further? Cause I love this game and I'd rather not give up on it because its constantly crashing.
Thanks!

June 14, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

Ace, have you filled out a bug report and talked to the folks over at support? They'll probably be your best bet. However, I can tell you a few of the generic fixes that could possibly work for you.

Since you have already verified that your graphic's card drivers are updated and good to go, I'll not even suggest messing with that again.

If your game is set in Fullscreen mode, I would advise to switch over to windows borderless, and ensure that V-Sync is turned off.

Additionally, in the Dreadnought launcher, on the top right side, there should be a little wrench icon. Click on that, and you can repair your launcher/game file. Maybe something got messed up, moved to the wrong place, deleted, etc, and it's interfering with the game.

Beyond that, I'm not really sure what to tell you other than submit a bug report. It sounds like it's probably something with your PC, or game install file. I don't want to be THAT guy, but if all else fails, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, though that's really just a last resort, when you have no clue what the heck else to do.

When you do submit a bug report, you can expect having to get the DxDiag and the MSinfo file from your computer. The instructions for how to find those are detailed below.

DxDiag:
1.Press the "Windows Key" + R.
2.In the "Run" window type DXDIAG.
3.Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens, press “Save All Information.”
4.Save your DxDiag to your desktop.
5.Attach your DxDiag to your bug report.

MSInfo:
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type MSInfo32 and press Enter.
3.In the MSInfo diagnostic window, click File, then Save.
4.When the Save As window appears, choose Desktop.
5.Name the file "MSInfo" and click Save.
6.Attach the saved MSInfo file to your bug report.

You may also need the logs folder of your dreadnought, as it could help them as well. That can be found by doing the following.
• Visit this file path (modify the user name to the account you're using and make sure the drive letter is correct): C:\Users\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved
• Right-click the "Logs" folder, select "Send To," and choose "compressed (zipped) folder."
• Attach the compressed file to your bug report.

If you are unable to attach the entire logs folder, you can just compress and send the first log in there. If you have any problems, you can let me know, or just ask them. Best of luck to you Ace, I know how annoying technical glitches can be. Hopefully you'll be able to get them straightened out here shortly.

description

June 14, 2016, 9:18 p.m.

Draggommer#5725 posted (#post-38351)

Ace...
Thanks for the input Dragg, I'll definitely take what you said about the windowed border-less and give that a try before I shove it into repair mode. Though it seemed lastnight I didn't have a single problem or CTD, so I dunno if things fixed itself, or its now messing with me, haha. If it continues though, I'll try the repair and then move onto a bug fix, but you're probably right and its more than likely on my end rather than the games.

Thanks again for your input!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.