FORUMS

The Anime Thread

Posted: //
Feb. 13, 2017, 10:37 p.m.

Seeing how there hasn't been a post in nearly two days I will revive this forum.

Fellow Weebs ASSEMBLE

I guess there's a lot of people who like anime around here so lets talk about things.
What are you watching?

Whats your go to genre?

Are you aware your waifu is bottom level waifu and Urabe is top level?

Maybe we can get the anime/waifu excitement up enough for them to make me a waifu skin. (It's not going to happen)

So yeah, lets get this rolling.

I'm two episodes away from finishing 'Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!' Then I'll be moving onto 'WataMote' It takes me a week or two to watch all 12 episodes of anything because I forget/fell asleep studying.

Slice of life + Comedy + Romance will always entertain me.

Urabe is life. Urabe > YourWaifu
Anyways. Lets see how this turns out. I might just end up talking to myself again. smile

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 14, 2017, 1:02 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 14, 2017, 1:04 a.m.

At the moment im re watching fafner and im waiting for season 2 of the seven deadly sins. Oh and i love WataMote!

Feb. 14, 2017, 1:07 a.m.

Ahh ya btw this is part of my anime collection http://imgur.com/a/XtC8j

Feb. 14, 2017, 6:50 a.m.

Abriel_Lafiel#9594 posted (#post-106613)

Ahh ya btw this is part of my anime collection http://imgur.com/a/XtC8j

That's huge! I don't have that kind of money.

I started watching seven deadly sins maybe halfway through. One of my brother's friends was watching it and I kind of just sat down and started watching.

So I don't actually know what is about, I just know people want them dead.
I keep meaning to start watamote but I keep getting distracted. My list of plan to watch anime is over 200 something.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857) Currently in discussion / design: · ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

Feb. 14, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

i got in to anime in like 95-96 so that's like years of collecting

Feb. 14, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 14, 2017, 3:47 p.m.

Silver#9012 posted (#post-106532)

What are you watching?

Right now, the "Gall Force" Saga ^.^

Whats your go to genre?

No specific one, i watch everything, that looks promising. But an ecci tag in the description is always a good indicator smile Or stuff like D-frag, Baka to test to shoukanjuu ni or the Excel Saga.
And for some reason, i really like animes, which goes over several generations or centuries, like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Hyper Police or Gunbuster ( <- really good story, just ignore the odd looking mecha fights; an anime story, that goes over 12.000 years with all its problems or the chars, is pretty rare).

Don´t tell that Yuno Gasai smile Ok, you can have your Urabe (i even don´t know, where she is from), i pick one of the High School DxD or The testament of sister new devil girls, or Mikoto Misaka (Railgun), or Yoko (Gurren Lagann), A-Ko or B-Ko (Project A-Ko), or Lina Inverse or Naga the serpent (Slayers), or... to much, to name them all ^.^

Have fun smile

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

Feb. 14, 2017, 8:15 p.m.

Suthriel#7444 posted (#post-106928)

Whats your go to genre?

No specific one, i watch everything, that looks promising. But an ecci tag in the description is always a good indicator smile Or stuff like D-frag, Baka to test to shoukanjuu ni or the Excel Saga.
And for some reason, i really like animes, which goes over several generations or centuries, like Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Hyper Police or Gunbuster ( <- really good story, just ignore the odd looking mecha fights; an anime story, that goes over 12.000 years with all its problems or the chars, is pretty rare).
That's a pretty big spread in years there! I'm going to admit to having to look up...all but two of them.(excel saga, which was my first anime ever. And baka to test because... baka to test.
Suthriel#7444 posted (#post-106928)

Don´t tell that Yuno Gasai smile Ok, you can have your Urabe (i even don´t know, where she is from), i pick one of the High School DxD or The testament of sister new devil girls, or Mikoto Misaka (Railgun), or Yoko (Gurren Lagann), A-Ko or B-Ko (Project A-Ko), or Lina Inverse or Naga the serpent (Slayers), or... to much, to name them all ^.^

Have fun smile

Shes from Mysterious Girlfriend X. I have a thing for danderes, the reason my plan to watch list is so large is becasue basically I found all the dandere characters I could and added the anime to my list.

Ahhh Yuno... The queen of yandere. Setting an unreachable bar for everyone else.

How is/was railgun? I got 1 episode in and forgot to go back. I actually remember saying "of course the "hot one" has the strongest super power." I might have assumed that the first episode is pretty much what the rest are like. But assumptions are usually wrong smile

alt text

Feb. 14, 2017, 8:17 p.m.

Abriel_Lafiel#9594 posted (#post-106913)

i got in to anime in like 95-96 so that's like years of collecting

Do you just buy them as they come out? or maybe you're the kind of person who leaves the house to get some groceries and returns with $200+ in animu

alt text

Feb. 14, 2017, 10:20 p.m.

I don't buy as much as i have in the past. i mostly get the discs with no cases and most are damaged and need a little work to be playable again. Mostly i get one new anime every 2 months.

Feb. 15, 2017, 3:05 p.m.

Silver#9012 posted (#post-106955)

How is/was railgun? I got 1 episode in and forgot to go back. I actually remember saying "of course the "hot one" has the strongest super power." I might have assumed that the first episode is pretty much what the rest are like. But assumptions are usually wrong smile

Well, it´s a little bit hard to say, because... if you ONLY watch Railgun season 1, then your assumption may be correct. However, if you then watch season 2, the tone shifts to a darker side.

To get a better understanding, why this happens: Railgun/Mikoto originally is a char from "A certain magical index", which was just popular enough, to get her own show (and i love it way more than index smile ). Magical Index got 2 seasons, Railgun got 2 Seasons, but in Railgun season 2 you will follow the story from magical index s1, just from Mikotos perspective, and you will get a better and different view of the whole story.
Thats why the tone shift from the "happy girly" style in s1 to a darker gritty and "oh look, a leg, and there, the rest of the body" ^.^
Ok, its no splatter (althought Accelerator is a pretty cruel char at the first season, but even he changes to the better and become a very good char), but some parts of railgun s2 may shock some, if they think, that the whole show is a pretty lighthearted one.

Some say, the best way would be: Magical index s1, then Railgun S1, Magical index 2 Railgun S2, and then the movies. My watch order was also fine, magical index 1+2 and then Railgun 1+2 and then movies. With that, railgun s1 lightened the overall tone pretty good.

Sidenote: Railgun/Mikoto is originally only No. 2 in terms of power, Accelerator is No. 1 smile But you won´t see Accelerator in Railgun s1. And my personal opinion, Shirai´s teleportation power should make her No. 1 or atleast No.2, but shes not creative enough for that ^.^ There are much more ways to use teleportation, f.e. just teleport your enemy into the sun or into deep space.. maybe close to a black hole smile Problem solved.

Jede Geschichte hat vier Seiten: Deine Seite, Ihre Seite, die Wahrheit und das, was wirklich geschehen ist. Welten brechen auseinander, Formationen nicht.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.