FORUMS

Plasma Broadside vs Ballistic Broadside

Posted: //
June 12, 2016, 4:11 p.m.

What is the difference? I honestly can't see why one should bother buying the Ballistic version... Does anyone have personal experience with the ballistic broadside? How are they different from plasma broadsides?

June 12, 2016, 5:40 p.m.

Visuals aside, Plasma BS deals 33% more damage and a has bigger aoe, but 50% longer cooldown than Ballistic BS.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 13, 2016, 2:35 p.m.

Dont forget Plasma has a way higher range too

Bye Dreadnought see you in 2 months to see if you have changed.

June 13, 2016, 2:40 p.m.

frozennunu#9357 posted (#post-38244)

Dont forget Plasma has a way higher range too

They have identical range.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 13, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

Updated //
June 13, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

I think it only exists because originally ballistic was stock on the monarch and someone asked for it to be available to all ships.
Eh, they had to differentiate them somehow.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

June 13, 2016, 11:25 p.m.

UnLimiTeD#2482 posted (#post-38269)

I think it only exists because originally ballistic was stock on the monarch and someone asked for it to be available to all ships.
Eh, they had to differentiate them somehow.

I remember from the old streams and videos,Monarch having ballistic broadsides as default.Kinda what got me into adoring the Monarch(still cant enjoy mine,9 lvls to go.. smile )(And Monarch being the reason i got into Dreadnought in general smile )

"The First Of His Name"

June 26, 2016, 4:53 p.m.

sooo... ballistic worse than the plasma one?. . .

\[T]/ if praising the sun doesnt fix it a magnetic accelerator cannon will.

June 27, 2016, 12:13 p.m.

freakyskull516#8314 posted (#post-39343)

No just different. Ballistic has less burst, but can be used faster. Depends on what you need, do you have the time to grind down your enemy, or do you need him down fast to reduce incoming damage or run away?

The game is meant for partial horizontal progression, they will probably add a lot more modules doing the same, just different. The broadsides and nukes show this pretty clear, they all have the same use, but different options. Although they may need some balancing, or cater to very specialized needs.

Recruit Engineer

June 28, 2016, 8:53 a.m.

Updated //
June 28, 2016, 8:53 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-39394)

freakyskull516#8314 posted (#post-39343)

No just different. Ballistic has less burst, but can be used faster. Depends on what you need, do you have the time to grind down your enemy, or do you need him down fast to reduce incoming damage or run away?

The game is meant for partial horizontal progression, they will probably add a lot more modules doing the same, just different. The broadsides and nukes show this pretty clear, they all have the same use, but different options. Although they may need some balancing, or cater to very specialized needs.

Unless the ballistic have a WAY higher average DPS over a longer period that basically does make it useless since burst > sustained dmg in pretty much any PvP game (and dreadnought is no exception here), also with the limited range of broadsides there is no way in the first place you stay close to an enemy to fire more than 1-2 broadside in a row. Different functions is good yes, but those different functions should NOT be about sustained vs burst dps on such a short ranged weapon (or on any weapons in fact, only real thing where a sustained could be a viable option would be main/sec guns really)

June 28, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Gummiel#9225 posted (#post-39427)

Unless the ballistic have a WAY higher average DPS over a longer period that basically does make it useless since burst > sustained dmg in pretty much any PvP game (and dreadnought is no exception here), also with the limited range of broadsides there is no way in the first place you stay close to an enemy to fire more than 1-2 broadside in a row. Different functions is good yes, but those different functions should NOT be about sustained vs burst dps on such a short ranged weapon (or on any weapons in fact, only real thing where a sustained could be a viable option would be main/sec guns really)

Yes, but the AoE/spread of the Plasma Broadside also means you miss more shots on smaller targets and the smaller cooldown means you can use it on more/different targets, but if you need that damage on a big target, plasma all the way.

Recruit Engineer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.