FORUMS

Koschei and Stasis/Purge Beam

Posted: //
June 15, 2016, 2:22 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 8:29 a.m.

Stasis/Purge Beam equipped on a Koschei cannot affect the enemy. I suppose this is because the small damage portion was removed from the beam recently (1.0.3) so you cannot actually "hit" the enemy with the beam anymore.

I noticed because I was forced to play the Kali hero ship when I didn't have a healer slotted and we needed one, and the Kali comes with a Stasis Beam in its loadout - which does nothing other than self-debuff. smile

edit: Screenshot I had added below, purge beam without effect on target:

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 15, 2016, 2:45 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 2:46 a.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-38376)

Stasis/Purge Beam equipped on a Koschei cannot affect the enemy. I suppose this is because the small damage portion was removed from the beam recently.

I noticed because I was forced to play the Kali hero ship when I didn't have a healer slotted and we needed one, and the Kali comes with a Stasis Beam in its loadout - which does nothing other than self-debuff. smile

Actually it does,when you hit your ability,you need to lead your crosshair on your target,for the time the ability is on,your target will get slower movement.(but again you need to target him)

"The First Of His Name"

June 15, 2016, 2:49 a.m.

Not for me, no. I even tried this in a training room with purge beam afterwards, no effect at all. If you notice slower movement it's probably from your enemy laughing so hard they're letting go of the W button. smile

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 15, 2016, 3:55 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 3:55 a.m.

Purge beam and stasis beam do have an affect, however they also have range limitations. I'm not sure about the exact range of either however, as I haven't really played around with it much. They also take a second or two to charge up before their affect is noticeable.

description

June 15, 2016, 4:03 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 4:09 a.m.

Nope, on other healers it's instant and hitscan, but since you basically live in a different lag reality from everybody else it might seem that way to you Draggommer, I'm sure I would need to lead half a map and wait several seconds to be able to hit your ship. This game needs lag compensation so badly it hurts, but that's an issue for another thread... smile

Anyway, since you guys will keep arguing, here's a purge beam on a Koschei held for 5s:

Effect: None.

In comparison, here's a purge beam on a Cattaro:

Effect: Instant drain, scramble (not all the time, see my other bug report), disrupt and armor break.

June 15, 2016, 4:10 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 4:12 a.m.

Ohh! That's what you're arguing. I gotcha now. I wouldn't know about the Kali, because another, unrelated, though quite annoying known bug that doesn't let me play it at all. That and I haven't played the Koshei with beams in a long time, so you might very well be right. Also, my internet's fine thank you very much. :'(

I don't want to talk about it.

description

June 15, 2016, 4:13 a.m.

Updated //
June 15, 2016, 8:26 a.m.

Yep, as the title says this is only about the Koschei. It used to deal 10 damage per tick, but they removed that in 1.0.3, I think that's when this broke (because the Stasis/Purge beam trigger OnHit, and if you deal no damage you're not actually hitting).

June 15, 2016, 4:26 a.m.

Sorry bout that, It's 3am here, not quite thinking my best. As you were then.

description

June 15, 2016, 7:29 a.m.

You are correct as you know, Kosch stealthily had its purge and stasis beams knackered, which I understand is a stop gap to appease people saying the Kosch is OP and partly because Stasis was broken anyway in many peoples opinion, in that it flatlined enemies instantly, BUT while I sort of understand the heavy handed approach I think there is an argument for the Stasis to actually do some damage on a Kosch, giving it a limited main beam offensive aside form the intended purge or stasis effect.

Just do it.

June 15, 2016, 8:42 a.m.

I'd consider it extremely unlikely that this was an intended change to those modules (which you do not typically fit on a Koschei anyway), rather an unintended side-effect, i.e. a bug.

But we'll see what comes of this.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.