General Discussion

Low Player Count: Suggestion

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 01:57 AM UTC 

Greybox,

Here's the deal. You released this game in a closed BETA for testing. Good on you! we like betas, they help you work out bugs in your game. (that said, the bug report that I submit on a weekly basis for resolution resets has still yet to be addressed)

Here's the problem. Streamers have already had a go at your game and have moved on. So you have lost that avenue for advertising. You have your own launcher and don't use traditional store platforms because you didn't want to pay the Steam Mafia tax so now you're in a predicament. Not many know about this game. Result, small player base and long queue times. We can only do so much to help!

You need advertising and or partnership with a company that has a community base that accesses their store. I.E. Steam. Have you considered this?

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 02:10 AM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 15, 2017 at 04:17 AM UTC

Thank you for sharing your concerns. The Team is actively working on fixing several key issues and bugs. While we do appreciate everyone submitting those bug reports. We are prioritizing to ensure that we can address those concerns.

As for advertising, right now we are in beta. I am sure that you will see more from the Marketing Team as we progress towards the final release.

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 07:56 AM UTC 

Right now, I'm still missing an incentive to get new people on board...

• There's an awful grind that scares them off
  • There's terrible matchmaking that scares them off
  • The instability has been rough last weeks, that scares them off
  • I have my own pre-made squad atm (biosquad), so I don't have space for more... They can't play with me...

Besides of having "massive space ships fighting", there's no real incentive that I can use to convince people to join :/

Dreadnought - Community Made Tools

POSTED //
Feb 15, 2017 at 10:43 PM UTC 

Realistically I think the "Alienating the core fanbase with an ill advised switch to a World of Tanks Tier Model" has a lot to do with the low player counts.

There are many people (myself included) who feel extremely betrayed with the sudden implementation and obstinate defense of a tier model.

It was eye opening, nearly every person I liked and respected in this game just up and quit in short order.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 04:12 AM UTC 

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-107105)

• I have my own pre-made squad atm (biosquad), so I don't have space for more... They can't play with me...

Besides of having "massive space ships fighting", there's no real incentive that I can use to convince people to join :/

Since they fixed the rewards I tried playing again and yeah it's not the grind it's the friggin matchmaker. The tiers in Dreadnought are night and day and going into a match with my tier 3s and just being eaten by tier 4 ships is not something I want to play.

There is just no balance, I think the final straw came last night when after being torn to shreds by tier 4s on my Fulgora and Gravis we got into a match with a Vindicta, I'm running power to engines and the guys out running me. Was just like yeah.. sorry if my corvette can be outpaced by a destroyer (even an oberon one) while I'm running power to engines and blink jumping I'm done.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 02:48 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 16, 2017 at 03:03 PM UTC

Winterdale#9728 posted (#post-107405)
There is just no balance

just as I always say. games like these should continuously work on balance. implementing a tier system is like going the opposite way.
balance can never exist when there is power gap (between the tiers). a certain class will always be too strong against the lower tier and a certain class will always be too weak against the higher tier, etc.

this isn't World of Tanks which has different tank types.
multiple types spread across tiers work (what WoT has)
multiple classes spread across tiers DOESN'T work (what Shipyard update implemented).

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 07:51 AM UTC 

Winterdale#9728 posted (#post-107405)

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-107105)

Since they fixed the rewards I tried playing again and yeah it's not the grind it's the friggin matchmaker. The tiers in Dreadnought are night and day and going into a match with my tier 3s and just being eaten by tier 4 ships is not something I want to play.

There is just no balance, I think the final straw came last night when after being torn to shreds by tier 4s on my Fulgora and Gravis we got into a match with a Vindicta, I'm running power to engines and the guys out running me. Was just like yeah.. sorry if my corvette can be outpaced by a destroyer (even an oberon one) while I'm running power to engines and blink jumping I'm done.

He was probably running power to engines as well. Along with the engine rigger briefing that ups that by 100% and mayhap the boost module that is another 260% boost. So yeah.. that all adds up. And the fulgora is the slowest vet as well. It's only got about 200 speed (in space units) over the Vindicta. It's like 601 to 446 for both t4s.

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.