FORUMS

Please WIPE soon!

Posted: //
June 16, 2016, 3:48 p.m.

I'm with Seezaa, like him, I'm pretty new...rank 12 i last checked.
just getting into dodging the fire instead of heading straight for it.
also started looking at the "before the battle" screen and checking what the other team has, what we have and what's lacking...
I see many more players at these level change strategy and ships, mid-battle...like 1 vette at start 3 at the end

honestly, i'm on the side of; be prepared to learn the skill, don't expect to go against a lvl 50 and come out on top in your first week...
do expect that it takes a wile to get to that lvl, but to me that's the charm!
once you get to lvl 50, then what? slug it out among equals, with nothing to gain except respect?
I rather get my trofee of reaching the topspot and start over again, trying another route maybe...

people coming in and expecting to win each and every match after three days into the game aren't going to cut it, no matter how much you change the setup.
yes, i still get killed more often than i would like to, yes i still have issues dodging vettes, those things are the nail in my coffin every single time, but to me that also makes the adrenaline go up, when i see the opponent have 1 or two of them in the team....looking left and right trying to find em, but still get surprised...
accept you will die, period...even more so, enjoy it...be the noob you are and earn that by charging right into it, no matter how stupid it may be, if no one died , no exploding ships, no fun, someone has to provide the nice fireworks!
stop whining about ...oh i got killed 7 times this match!...so what? what did you learn , that you aren't invincible? gosh newsflash, you ain't superman, no matter how many times your momma told you you were special!

<< rant end

br,
TH

...you got killed?
go walk it off...

June 16, 2016, 3:54 p.m.

I totally agree with Dogeneer with this. One thing I do like about the game Fractured Space, is how their progression works. 3 manufacturers produce there ships. You play those ships to earn points in the manufacturers tree to unlock new ships. You then need to earn more points to be able to purchase skills in that "ship" tree now. Something similar could be applied for ships and skills alike. More you play a dread, the more points you get for that ship class. You can save up your points to get a certain skill you really want. Lets say you really want ballistic broadside. You need to earn 10000 points to be able to purchase, no matter what your rank is. You have to put in the time to earn these points, your rank will move up with you along the way. So FP is what you earn to buy ships. Experience is earned to raise rank and buy skills. You'd decide the point scale, but I think you get my meaning.

Dogeneer#0485 posted (#post-38517)

I can't see the devs changing the progression system (even though I think it should be changed but hey their choice) to something that isn't level locked and instead is more of how much you play a class or w/e.

June 16, 2016, 4:01 p.m.

The only thing I hate more than progression systems is multi-currency progression systems. So no thank you.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 16, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

It's not actually progression as your thinking I believe, it's about earning points to get what you want. You must play the game to earn the points to buy your skills and ships. I was just using an example above. If you ever played WoW, you'd have to earn honor by playing in the pvp battlegrounds or arena's to be able to purchase nice pvp gear. In this case, you're just playing the game, you'd play anyways, to earn points so you buy skills and ships. Points earned can be used for any ships or skills as you see fit to load out your ship and skills.

It also doesn't have to be a two currency system. It can all be done with FB, though it would take much longer with the low points we earn in a match, but it is doable as well.

June 16, 2016, 4:12 p.m.

I am just worried about the people that are new and getting slaughtered consistently by poor MM. I don't want to lose any more player base then we already have. smile

June 16, 2016, 4:12 p.m.

Updated //
June 16, 2016, 4:13 p.m.

Lol, until they revamp the progression system, a wipe is going to do nothing other than put them on an even playing field for a very short amount of time. I know I would personally just grind right back up to 50, and it wouldn't make much of a difference, other than any real competition I had in this game, unless they ground back up with me, would be at a supreme disadvantage. We're finally getting to the point where there actually is enough players high enough level to have some competition, don't rush into asking for a wipe that would reset all that progress to 0.

description

June 16, 2016, 4:17 p.m.

Bear#2153 posted (#post-38529)

I am just worried about the people that are new and getting slaughtered consistently by poor MM. I don't want to lose any more player base then we already have. smile

A veteran with a trader ship will still slaughter newbies due to experience, all your change will do is prevent balancing of vets between teams.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 17, 2016, 11:39 p.m.

Updated //
June 17, 2016, 11:43 p.m.

What if we took all accounts above a certain level (like say 20), reset them to 20, and gave them a fixed credit and GP reimbursement? That way, whatever effectiveness MM has in sorting experienced players vs newbies is maintained, while the massive disparity in levels (which I think is fundamentally unfair at this stage) is alleviated.

June 18, 2016, 11:39 a.m.

Alceister#9621 posted (#post-38653)

What if we took all accounts above a certain level (like say 20), reset them to 20, and gave them a fixed credit and GP reimbursement? That way, whatever effectiveness MM has in sorting experienced players vs newbies is maintained, while the massive disparity in levels (which I think is fundamentally unfair at this stage) is alleviated.

Many of the high ranking players have a lot of time on their hands, I could probably rush 0-50 somewhere between one and two weeks.

Recruit Engineer

June 18, 2016, 11:08 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-38678)

Alceister#9621 posted (#post-38653)

Many of the high ranking players have a lot of time on their hands, I could probably rush 0-50 somewhere between one and two weeks.

That's pretty much exactly what I said. I could probably get level 50 within 2 weeks tops, probably a week and a half. Everyone else would have to sit and scramble to try and catch up while we didn't have any fair matches.

description

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.