General Discussion

A compromise for being bumped up to veteran from recruit.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 05:47 AM UTC 

I'm sure the complaints about being forced into higher matchmaking have been heard from other more eloquent players than me. But how about this.

If I'm queuing up for recruit matchmaking with my T1 and T2 Fleet, but I've actually got a Veteran fleet with even one T3 ship in it. Why am I being stuck in a veteran match with my Recruit fleet?

I understand I've been put into the match with the fleet I've chosen, but I did not choose to be put into a veteran match. If you're going to take that choice out of my hands, then at least put in some check to give me my veteran fleet if I've been forced up.

I've only just unlocked my second t3 ship. I don't want to jump into veteran matches yet until I have some actual choice. But if I'm going to be put there ANYWAYS. Then give me the fleet that has a real chance of doing some good instead of the recruit fleet which is just gonna get smashed.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 01:44 PM UTC 

Hi there,

Have you had a chance to take a look at our latest Community Hot Topics?
It has some good insights in the Matchmaking process in Dreadnought and why there is no such thing as a "Recruit Match".

Good Hunting!

German Community Manager
"Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 07:50 PM UTC 

Hello, today I had 5 of those in a row... Honestly, there is no problem. Dread and desty can do quite OK when focusing fire with other allies, artilery cruiser is great even without support, you can easily snipe tier IV ships with tier II arty (if you have Oberon one it will be a LOT harder but you can still murder them with bomb catapult). And corvette being corvette can just go into whole enemy team and murder any kind of artillery they got before being killed by whole enemy team. And if you happen to find 2 or 3 arty cruisers without any other teammate around? Jackpot! 2-3 kills and mostly without dying in process! smile

Piloting and teamwork is more important than tier here... well, until you have match where 1 team have 1 tier II and 4 tier IV and other have 1 tier IV and and 4 tier II, then its inballanced matchmaking (actually had one game like that. But only once teams were so inballanced) smile

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 08:02 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 16, 2017 at 08:18 PM UTC

DN_Timo#1002 posted (#post-107880)

Hi there,

Have you had a chance to take a look at our latest Community Hot Topics?
It has some good insights in the Matchmaking process in Dreadnought and why there is no such thing as a "Recruit Match".

Good Hunting!

Yes I've read the hot topics. Have you read my OP? I'm trying to add something new to the conversation here. Simply saying 'hey go read this' isn't an answer.

I'd be perfectly happy with being told 'Hey that's an interesting idea, I'll pass it along'. That's really all I want to hear at this point. I fully understand that proper development moves at a slow and steady pace, and if this ever saw implementation it would be highly unlikely to be done soon. I'm not bothered by this.

Telling me to go look at another forum post that tells me why I've been screwed does nothing for me saying 'Hey this would make me less screwed and wouldn't need to change matchmaking at all, can we try that?'* When I get bumped into Vet matches having signed up for recruit matches, I am still left with my recruit ships. Why can't I be given my vet ships? If the answer is that it technically cant be done, well fine. That means someone actually looked into it. That's the most I can ask for and would be perfectly happy with that answer.

I understand WHY I've been bumped up into vet. I really get it. When it happens I do not rage-quit. I make the best of it. But that's not the point here and bringing that up is a non-answer.

I'm giving a suggestion to how this experience could be made less painful. And without poking the scary beast that is matchmaking no less.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 05:36 AM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 18, 2017 at 05:37 AM UTC

I think the biggest problem with being bumped up is when it happens to people who don't want it and have no idea why it happens. People who may rage quit on contact with it and/or just don't have the skill required to be able to be effective vs people with higher tier ships.

Its one thing if it CAN be done, but that doesn't mean that the person who was bumped up KNOWS how to do it. Worse yet this may make people quit playing the whole game and not everyone is going to try checking the forums for info on what or why it happened. I don't know how that might effect how many people may stick around and keep playing.

As for myself I can only do somewhat well as a support healer when being dumped into a vet match. I just can't as of now do anything useful with my other tier 2 ships in a vet match. I also know that the way to block this from happening to myself again is by keeping a tier 1 in my tier 2 fleet.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 08:10 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 18, 2017 at 08:12 PM UTC

MysticVoid7x9#5935 posted (#post-108271)

I think the biggest problem with being bumped up is when it happens to people who don't want it and have no idea why it happens. People who may rage quit on contact with it and/or just don't have the skill required to be able to be effective vs people with higher tier ships.

Its one thing if it CAN be done, but that doesn't mean that the person who was bumped up KNOWS how to do it. Worse yet this may make people quit playing the whole game and not everyone is going to try checking the forums for info on what or why it happened. I don't know how that might effect how many people may stick around and keep playing.

As for myself I can only do somewhat well as a support healer when being dumped into a vet match. I just can't as of now do anything useful with my other tier 2 ships in a vet match. I also know that the way to block this from happening to myself again is by keeping a tier 1 in my tier 2 fleet.
[/quote]
Game is played simmilary in low tier and in high tier. Even in low tier people will have difficulty going 1v1 or trying to destroy ship that is being healed and will be forced to focus fire and switch target if necessary.
If someone ragequit because of being pushed into tier III match without trying, well, there is a good chance he will ragequit anyway because of his poor performance in his own tier. If someone lack skills, he lack those skills even in recruit match and will be at the bottom of team in both cases, only he will have somewhat relevant excuses in high tier game...
Also as i have seen several times, keeping tier I ship in your recruit fleet wont prevent you getting into veteran match (have seen several times guys with tier I there, presumably as default ship, switching to tier II one before match)

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM UTC 

• Don't queue in recruit games - won't stuck in vet match with recruit fleet.

"Hang in there!" (™)

POSTED //
Feb 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM UTC 

Aersdri#5059 posted (#post-108505)

• Don't queue in recruit games - won't stuck in vet match with recruit fleet.

It's also really not much of an option for those who have only one or two t3's. If I'm going into Vet I want to go there with options. It takes time to open up various ships for use.

Personally I strongly believe having t1's and t2's face off against t3's and t4's is a terrible idea, but if that's the way that it has to be, perhaps some compromises could be made elsewhere to reduce the problem?

I might not want to be using that single t3 ship that I've finally been able to purchase right now, but if I'm gonna be bumped up anyways, then why can't I be given a ship that is going to put up a better fight? I have a hard time believing all those recruits being bumped up have the skill to put up a decent fight. Giving them highly inferior ships is just compounding the problem.

POSTED //
Feb 19, 2017 at 02:16 PM UTC 

This is the only problem there is with putting tier II into fights with tier III, IV. Having more than half of people on one team tier II whereas only one in other team. When numbers of recruit fleets will be simmilar in both team, everything is fine.

POSTED //
Feb 19, 2017 at 03:14 PM UTC 

Anup#8724 posted (#post-108561)

This is the only problem there is with putting tier II into fights with tier III, IV. Having more than half of people on one team tier II whereas only one in other team. When numbers of recruit fleets will be simmilar in both team, everything is fine.

True story.

I know there are people out there celebrating their skills to take out T4 ships with their T2 ships. Congrats, but seriously it's a minority. So you can't apply this on every player. Some are seeking a challenge in playing games. But most are just seeking for fun. So it should be up to them what they want to play. And if they have fun playing in Recruit fleets, so let it be.

And to the T4 vs. T2 fact: Yes, it is possibly to dogfight a T4 player with your T2 ship and being victorious, but thats only accurate for some special ships, like corvettes or Artis. Try to face a T4 Destroyer with a T2 Destroyer. Both undamaged and with full energy. T2 Ship, will loose. Double Damage and Double fire rate for the T4 Dessi compared to the T2 one. Combined with weapon boost pulse, a T4 Destroyer will tear you apart in 5 seconds, even with shields on. Try it out.

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.