General Discussion

Tactical Cruisers aiming suggestion.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM UTC 

Hello there.
I want to talk about TC aiming on allies ships. First of all, it’s hard to get in target allies ship, when you just above or from below it, all you see is your ships back or bottom, so you can’t do, what you in team for, you need to change ships position, turn it, dance with the tambourine etc. Maybe it is a problem not with the aiming, but with the points of view, correct cameras working or something? Will it change?
Second, and final, I’m curious, cant it be something like “allies target lock” for TC? Mean, when I’m healing somebody, I can’t turn camera around and seek corvettes (that sneaking around), looking for different team ships (that don’t use quick command bar and don’t asking for my help even if they are almost shoot down), because my beam turrets will not heal my target, they’ll follow by my visor. Some players (whom ships are down right near by back of my TC) call this situation “healers tunnel vision”. Sad but true. So, my opinion, it’ll be great, if I’ll can “track” my heal “prime target” in a “passive mode” and turn the camera around to do my best in all kind of situations. Not bad idea, I think.
I understand, why it isn’t in-game “target lock” at all, it’ll be too easy to destroy an enemy, tracking it to death, but for allies ships…c’mon, let all healers thank you for that kind of stuff smile

Well, I’m done. Thank you for reading this.
Best regards, Fingercrust.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 02:40 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 16, 2017 at 02:41 PM UTC

camera is bad for ALL ships, especially for artillery cruisers.

I do agree that tactical cruisers should be able to simply "choose" their targets too, rather than having to keep your camera pointed at allies just to heal them. this is also one reason why Oberon and Jupiter Arms tactical cruisers are unable to do much damage to corvettes - the beam would sometimes decide to not want to "connect" with those tiny fast ships for some reason.

it would also be nice if dreadnoughts can choose to make their primary guns keep on shooting at a certain direction while the player manually aims/fires the secondary guns, and the other way around (secondary guns keep shooting a certain direction while player manually aims/fires primary guns).

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 03:45 PM UTC 

I also would like an lock-on function to healing beams.

eg. hold LMB for 3 seconds on same ally will lock heal beams on him until I LMB something else.

☜☆☞ no victory without war ☜☆☞

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 04:34 PM UTC 

Well, I did't play alot on other types of ships, so I belive your words, R4Ging, Art ships? Ok. But healers need to be focused on some target ALL the time, friendly ship deside go above you? Well, you must move left or right to keep your focus on it, or your beams will shooting anywhere, but not by that exactly ship smile

For other ships types distance between it and and its target not so important, like for TC and allies, that slowly dieing and try to hide anywhere it possible without thinking about how must I help'em.

KINE, I think simple Tab button to changing between allies is Ok too smile

Thanks for supporting this idea, c'mon, other TC kaptains, join in!

Best regards, Fingercrust.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 06:26 PM UTC 

God do I ever agree!

I hate topping of one guy who has lost very little health, just to look behind me and see a flaming wreck explode...

Turning the camera to see allies health is not a fun mechanic, we should be able to see all allies health on our UI.

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 04:44 AM UTC 

Last Updated //
Feb 17, 2017 at 04:46 AM UTC

I hate topping of one guy who has lost very little health, just to look behind me and see a flaming wreck explode...

Yep, this situation is known for any TC captains, I think. It's really makes me sad, especially, when half of my abilities are "locked and ready" to bring some salvation on the green beams of love smile Glad, it's not only mine pain in the neck.

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 08:33 AM UTC 

Agreed. I like the idea of an improved UI for tacs, in order to manage their beams, and the fact beams can be tricky to hit vets.

Also love the idea of gun management for dreads; but that might make them too strong if they are the only ones. Perhaps this should be an option for all ships? Makes sense in the context of "capital ships".

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 06:53 AM UTC 

A simple autoaim toggle would be a nice addition to the game in general. Simply press the bound key and your ship cannons will continue to fire at the chosen target. This would let anyone free-look without messing up their aim too much.

Doing it that way would help tacs the most but also add a bit to every other ship. At the very least it could serve to keep your guns pointed in the direction you want them rather than have to deal with needing your guns to retarget the direction you need to be firing in. Wont do as much for weapons with a great deal of travel time if your enemies are moving, but I can shorten your recovery time when you've done the quick shoulder check for those darn corvettes.

On that note, hitting that button while looking at nothing could simply lock your guns in place? This becomes useful when you consider there is time you have to wait for your weapon to swing around when you've been looking behind you.

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 08:11 AM UTC 

CaelWard#1056 posted (#post-108325)

A simple autoaim toggle would be a nice addition to the game in general. Simply press the bound key and your ship cannons will continue to fire at the chosen target. This would let anyone free-look without messing up their aim too much.

Doing it that way would help tacs the most but also add a bit to every other ship. At the very least it could serve to keep your guns pointed in the direction you want them rather than have to deal with needing your guns to retarget the direction you need to be firing in. Wont do as much for weapons with a great deal of travel time if your enemies are moving, but I can shorten your recovery time when you've done the quick shoulder check for those darn corvettes.

On that note, hitting that button while looking at nothing could simply lock your guns in place? This becomes useful when you consider there is time you have to wait for your weapon to swing around when you've been looking behind you.

this is almost exactly what I was proposing. +1

POSTED //
Feb 18, 2017 at 09:17 AM UTC 

I'm afraid autotargeting on damage dealing ships is not so good, cause you must move your aim faster, then enemy's ship going, because of bullets needs some time to run. The more distance, the more time it takes. So, if you're get aim right in the ships middle, bullets will hit it back or just missing. On destroyer class I see this kind of thing. But TC have beams, that not need time, they just following, where you put'em (in best ways). And, one more time, with all respect to other classes of ships, IMO it look like too easy to hit the enemy that tracking automatically, by in-game UI. I may be mistaken with it, of course. Only devs can give some information about that mechanic. Hope, they give some thoughts of this smile

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.