FORUMS

Server / Credits Problems Make-Good

Posted: //
Feb. 16, 2017, 8:15 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2017, 8:16 a.m.

Hello Captains,

Over the past few weeks, we know that many of you have experienced two main issues: server instability, which caused the game to crash, and a progression-related issue that awarded too few Credits.

We know this has been a major source of frustration—especially the Credits miscalculation. Now that these issues have been fixed, we’d like to make it up to you. Everyone who played at least one match (or logged in at least 3 times) between 1/13 and 2/12 will receive 50,000 Credits—and 500 GP as an extra “thank you.”

How did we come up with 50,000 Credits? We looked at the stats of people who played the most matches during the above time frame, then calculated the Credits that they should have received. In short, we think this should get you where you need to be.

Everyone slated to receive this Credits / GP package should notice it in their account by the end of today (CST). As always, thank you for your patience, and good hunting!

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Feb. 16, 2017, 1:52 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2017, 1:53 p.m.

DN_Timo#1002 posted (#post-107877)
—especially the Credits miscalculation. Now that these issues have been fixed...

I dunno - the credit earnings rate still seems incredibly pitiful in Veteran given the maintenance cost.

Recruit battles seem to earn essentially as much money due to no maintenance costs and they go faster.

Given that money is generally the bottle neck rather than the XP, it's really tiresome to feel the urge to jump back into a Dover and go slaughter clueless new players just so I can afford to buy a new ship.

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:15 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2017, 2:29 p.m.

LOL!?

I lost over 250k XP and 150k worth of credits :S

This is a rip off...

edit: would've been way more if not for the credit bug.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:26 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2017, 11:11 p.m.

Thank god, i love this game was really annoying not getting credits... but i think i got the game after 2/12 and have not received any Credits at all!

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:33 p.m.

50.000 credits.......👌😁

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:38 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2017, 2:38 p.m.

it could have been better, more creds or 600 gp so people could buy a few days of elite. but as compensation goes this isn't to shabby. I mean 500 gp is worth another 50k ish creds so the total is like 100k creds or 50k creds and 20k xp.

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:51 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 17, 2017, 7:19 p.m.

Really pitiful guys... nice display of middle finger to the hardcore player pop, 400-500 games during crashes and the credit but over a duration of a month and all i get is 50k credits and 500gp? lets say convert that to 100k credtis - basically 1 evening of play....
The compensation was overhyped as usual. The talk of (at least 3 logins) is also not helping to reasure us what part of the population this decission was made based on.

Yeah for a guy who logged in 3 will be amazed by the comp meanwhile the most persistant pop that actually is likely to stick around will get the least bang for their buck...

Feb. 16, 2017, 2:51 p.m.

Just 50k Credits and 500 GP? That's a joke in its own right.
Should be 100k and 1k instead. But what can I say, Greybox is stingy as usual.

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

Feb. 16, 2017, 3:01 p.m.

Did those calculations take into account the number of players who weren't logging in to play because of server instabilities and/or the number of games that were in progress but disconnected from due to server instability?

Oderint dun Mentuint! - LET THEM HATE! So long as they Shall Fear Me. ~Caligula, Roman Emperor.

Feb. 16, 2017, 3:09 p.m.

I guess even 100k free XP would've been too much? What about the 25k credits I've lost on the latest bugs alone due to crashes on the latest bug round with maintenance? What about the remaining 3~4 weeks that I got nearly no XP or Credits for? This 50k is a joke. 500 GP is not even enough elite for 7 days, let alone the 3~4 weeks we've been plagued by server issues and crashes.
When I heard we were getting a good compensation, I expected 2 weeks of Elite, 200k XP and 100k credits. Sure it wouldn't have made up for what I've lost, but at least I wouldn't have felt like I've been given a middlefinger.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.