FORUMS

Server / Credits Problems Make-Good

Posted: //
Feb. 19, 2017, 6:40 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 7:02 a.m.

DN_Timo#1002 posted (#post-107877)

Hello Captains,

Over the past few weeks, we know that many of you have experienced two main issues: server instability, which caused the game to crash, and a progression-related issue that awarded too few Credits.

We know this has been a major source of frustration—especially the Credits miscalculation. Now that these issues have been fixed, we’d like to make it up to you. Everyone who played at least one match (or logged in at least 3 times) between 1/13 and 2/12 will receive 50,000 Credits—and 500 GP as an extra “thank you.”

How did we come up with 50,000 Credits? We looked at the stats of people who played the most matches during the above time frame, then calculated the Credits that they should have received. In short, we think this should get you where you need to be.

Everyone slated to receive this Credits / GP package should notice it in their account by the end of today (CST). As always, thank you for your patience, and good hunting!
What a brilliant surprise, thanks guys!

Feb. 19, 2017, 7:28 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 7:29 a.m.

Grim Draken#5500 posted (#post-108521)

Honestly Raging, you're not making much sense.

uhm, do you even know game development? because if you do, then it would make perfect sense to you.

these (technical beta, etc.) 'labels' are not placed 'just because'.

before you complain about something again you should try knowing what your complaining about first.

Feb. 19, 2017, 7:59 p.m.

Attack the argument, not the man buddy. You haven't addressed the statement I made to you. My understanding of what this company does with its labelling has NOTHING to do with what I've posed to you.

Do you care to try again, or are we done here?

Work Buy Consume Die

Feb. 19, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

Honestly Raging, you're not making much sense.

Getting a headstart pre-release doesn't negate loss. You really need to let that sink in. And I'll let you in on a secret:

The game is now in technical open beta, with no beta key gateway to prevent an ingress of players.

You can spend real world money in the game.

There's no more account wipes.

For all intents and purposes, REGARDLESS of the named state of the game, it's released. There's nothing stopping 500,000 new players signing up tomorrow, spending money and playing the game. Doesn't matter what state it's in, or what the devs call the current version. If it was a shop, the doors would be now open for business, and they'd have half constructed pies for sale, with signs up promising more and better pies in the future.

lol thanks i needed that smile

those days the wipe bug was around are days of my life I'm never getting back and the potential progress i would of made prevented by the constant wipes on logging out has not and can not realistically be done by most people.

what the developers can do is give us(the players that where playing at the time) the things we have unlocked with xp has it would be like giving us that time back with interest there is no GP needed nor any extra elite status or free xp that would need to be given and the compensation will be settled along with refunding GP to those who spent it on credits and xp.

I WILL NEVER FORGET ABOUT MAINTENACE

Feb. 19, 2017, 11:40 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 11:42 p.m.

Grim Draken#5500 posted (#post-108654)

Attack the argument, not the man buddy. You haven't addressed the statement I made to you. My understanding of what this company does with its labelling has NOTHING to do with what I've posed to you.

Do you care to try again, or are we done here?

actually, I have. care to try understanding my post instead of simply reading it through?

everything you said in your post was already addressed on the very post it is responding to. which is exactly why I only quoted part of your post.

Feb. 19, 2017, 11:52 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 11:54 p.m.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, because I'm wasting my time on you. See, it's no skin off my nose, because I'm not wrong. But I'm failing to communicate to you how your point is not correct. My bad.

Work Buy Consume Die

Feb. 19, 2017, 11:55 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 20, 2017, 12:07 a.m.

coming from someone who says:

Attack the argument, not the man buddy.

Getting a headstart pre-release doesn't negate loss.

anyway, that^ very first sentence in your post that I didn't quote is already wrong.

how is it wrong? basic game development knowledge says (and what my previous post says) - every progress made pre-release is an advantage gained, no matter how small it may be.

arguing with someone who knows what he is talking about is a waste of time, I agree.
instead of telling me how I'm "wrong", use your time to find out why you are wrong.

if you think that is wrong, then answer this, do all games allow players to gain permanent progress before release?

Feb. 20, 2017, 3:46 a.m.

This is my last post to you here, I promise. Because you STILL aren't getting it.

Let me give you yet another tiresome example:

I give you 100 dollars. I don't give anyone else 100 dollars.

I then take 60 of those dollars from you, at a indeterminate amount of time later. Now don't forget, you HAD 100 dollars.

Now answer this question, in relation to what I have just said:

Have you lost something?

Work Buy Consume Die

Feb. 20, 2017, 3:58 a.m.

Grim Draken#5500 posted (#post-108796)

This is my last post to you here, I promise. Because you STILL aren't getting it.

Let me give you yet another tiresome example:

I give you 100 dollars. I don't give anyone else 100 dollars.

I then take 60 of those dollars from you, at a indeterminate amount of time later. Now don't forget, you HAD 100 dollars.

Now answer this question, in relation to what I have just said:

Have you lost something?

Since you never get 100 dollars or something the like. I don't see the point made here. Essentially you played a game for FREE and had fun with it. Nobody forced you or others to play.

With the compensation you essentially get ingame money FROM them. So with your tiresome example:

You get 50 dollars for playing a free game. Everyone gets these 50 dollars.
But you want like 200 dollars more because you lost something.
Now answer this question, please.
Have you lost something or rather gained something?

Feb. 20, 2017, 4:29 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 20, 2017, 4:41 a.m.

@nilspferde:
The non-sequitur here is that you're implying that the elite time/experience/credits earned/lost didn't cost something. Which is patently not true, since the devs have given some form of compensation in the 1st place. The provision of compensation makes it implicit that even the developers attribute some form of "value" to our time and progression.

And since that is the case, any form of "value" can be added to, and taken away from. Just like money. It's a pretty simple analog.

My question WAS posed to R4Ging though. It's him I'm trying to get the breakthrough with. smile

Work Buy Consume Die

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.