General Discussion

My experience so far

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 08:06 PM UTC 

The game looks very nice for a closed beta and I didn't had the usual bug you expect from a game at this stage. Also the hole game concept and the ship moving mechanics seem right. So we might have a winner for the game play part.

The UI part and the ship information isn't finished especially the weapon information. How much damage does a Nav main gun do? What about the main guns of Destroyers?

There are some things that I'm not sure about. Is it some bug or I'm doing something wrong. There are some fights were it seems like you don't harm the enemy ships even if you see the hits landing on them. Here is an example, Nav vs Nav both alone shooting with the main weapon. For a long time I wasn't doing any damage to the enemy ship, shots landed on the hull but the HP remained the same and there wasn't a shield or healing.

Another example Corvette vs Corvette from full HP shooting at each other. Died while the enemy still had ~75% HP. Next fight I kill him very fast. Same things happen sometime with Destroyers or Art Cruiser, shots land and there is no effect on the target.

POSTED //
Feb 16, 2017 at 10:16 PM UTC 

Well, there is the issue of range. No gun can fire beyond 7k range, and most do less damage as you get to the edge of that range. Most corvettes have ranges of less than 3k, and their weapons do significantly less damage beyond 1k range. Check the color in the targeting reticle, if it's not at least yellow your shots will do nothing. For corvettes you want it red.

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.