General Discussion

Can Someone Explain why we still have Captain Ranks?

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 08:29 AM UTC 

I think it is in part to help match-making, so a high-ranked recruit/veteran captain has less chance of being in the same game as an actual beginner. Maybe in the future, the devs will bring more significance to rank. Perhaps to introduce a ladder for competitive play; thus you might need to be level XX before being able to play a ranked match.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 04:59 PM UTC 

It's so you can a sense of progression without actually progressing anywhere.

alt text

DN_cult#1584 posted (#post-101857)
Currently in discussion / design:
· ̶W̶a̶i̶f̶u̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶s

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 06:12 PM UTC 

If it's used as a way to match make then it's not a good measure of skill, you can reach any rank by being a dead weight to your team and just playing a lot.

Win/Lose ratios and average points gained pet match seem like a better idea.
Maybe they will have visual unlocks to your character attached to them? Cosmetic options to personnalise your captain would be welcome!

Admiral: "What is best in Dreadnought!"
Knight_ldr: "To crush the enemy's ships, see them lit ablaze under your canons and hear the lamentations of their crewmen!"
Admiral: "That is good! That is good!"

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 07:59 PM UTC 

It's going to take some more time, but there are systems being developed that will make use captain rank progression planned for the future. I don't want to give it away until the dev team is ready to talk about it, but there's some pretty cool ideas for it.

Remember guys... the game is NEVER done. It's still in development and will be pretty much as long as it's operating.

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.