General Discussion

Question about engery generators.

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 06:06 PM UTC 

So before 2.0 when you used energy generator it would refill your energy completely no matter if you had power diverted to shields, weapons or engines.

Now with 2.0 come tiered modules but I noticed that when you use energy gen when you have something active it barely fills up your energy up pretty much wasting your module. However when you have no power diverted at all and you then active your energy gen it fully fills up your energy meter completely within a few seconds. For me this is noticed on a tier 3 destroyer, at first when I activated it with shields still active I barely saw my energy meter move so I really thought well this thing is useless. But when I activated out of battle to recharge my energy to refill my energy after a engine burn. It fully filled up, this means it has its use with some playstyle adjustments.

However is this working as intended and is this a problem only related to the tier 3 modules. The description on the energy gen is vague it says energy regeneration 300. Now my logic tells me that should be percent, since the T4 module says 600. So could someone with a T4 confirm that the E gen works like it used to before 2.0 where it can actually fill up the energy bar when any system is active. Or if it acts the same as on the T3 module and thus the mechanic has changed.

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 06:23 PM UTC 

If I don't mistaking, it changed from giving you a flat amount to energy recharge.
Instead of giving you 100 of energy in 0.5sec, now it's giving you xx energy/sec for yy sec

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev smile
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 06:35 PM UTC 

I think it was already like that pre 2.0 but it might be that the the recharge percent was higher back then. Which means in 2.0 the T3 modules simply does not have the power to recharge when a system is active.

But I really can't get over the fact that shields draw more power then the energy generator is putting back in.

POSTED //
Feb 17, 2017 at 07:29 PM UTC 

Nataku#3670 posted (#post-108177)

I think it was already like that pre 2.0 but it might be that the the recharge percent was higher back then. Which means in 2.0 the T3 modules simply does not have the power to recharge when a system is active.

But I really can't get over the fact that shields draw more power then the energy generator is putting back in.

Well... It was that way but the xx% recharge was more important and the yy was shorter. I do prefer it now because pre-2.0, you were wasting a lot of energy beyond 100% Now it's fine.

And the energy boost recharge more than the shield draw. But it depend if you are under heavy fire or not.

Actually it even the energy consumption of weapon mode.

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev smile
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Register or login to create a topic or post a reply.