FORUMS

Your favourite ship DESIGN is?

Posted: //
June 23, 2016, 2:20 a.m.

Athos all the way smile

I am a terrible speller smile

June 23, 2016, 3:42 a.m.

I'm moving this thread to "Ships" as it's a better fit for that subforum. Thanks!

Renn

(I'm with everyone else who loves the Athos smile )

June 23, 2016, 5:25 a.m.

Renn : I would rather you consulted on that first, I do not agree with the move as this is NOT about game play AT ALL and as such should not be in that section. Please read the opening post as to why this is inappropriate.

Just do it.

June 23, 2016, 6:02 a.m.

I'm a big fan of House Oberon designs. They look so clean and elegant, yet powerful!

Here are my top three in order:

1. Aion
  2. Silesia
  3. Talionis

June 23, 2016, 3:11 p.m.

Thanks, a few more days I think and I shall do the sums. Very surprised at the Athos love tbh, I thought it was mostly disliked, so good job I did this.

Just do it.

June 24, 2016, 2:02 a.m.

My favorites are:
Athos
Monarch
Cattaro
Grenada

June 24, 2016, 8:33 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2016, 8:34 a.m.

You should probably have straw polled this instead.

I set one up for you here

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

June 24, 2016, 9:36 a.m.

Thanks Zerek. Edited into first post.

Just do it.

June 24, 2016, 11:55 a.m.

Updated //
June 24, 2016, 12:11 p.m.

Now, will you add votes in the forum to the poll, or count both?

Anyways, I like ships that look like they function.
I know that excludes nearly everything we have because it's meant to look "cool" and have a 1600's vibe or WW2 flair, what with bridges out in the open and massive amounts of small guns on long ships, but, we'll work with what we have. ^^
As such, I can totally see the appeal in the Athos. Subpar ship, but it looks like it's actually meant to do a job, simple, probably built from parts that could be used elsewhere, covered with guns.

Personal favourites would be the Grenada, for it certainly looks like how I could imagine building a giant gun with engines, and the Kresnik for being rather compact.
In general, I also somewhat like the Oberon Designs; They are modern Designs based on advanced technology of indeterminate origin, with "organic armour" and other shenanigans - aka. just the right amount of tech mumbo-jumbo that one would forgive them the above mentioned visuals - which makes it even more interesting that they don't make that mistake all that often.
They generally look sleek, as compact as their features allow, and excepting the bridge of the invictus have no extraneous appendages that one wouldn't see a reason for.
All I feel we're really missing now is a manufacturer that is inspired by insectoid features - something like Freespace's Shivans.;
Jupiter being NATO style, Akula old russian, Oberon using fancy tech to create space whales, possibly in their CEO's image.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

June 24, 2016, 12:03 p.m.

I shall add in the votes later, but feel free to post your choices here and or vote as the figures are not that important, so much as a vague idea of the popularity of the designs.

Just do it.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.