FORUMS

First time player feedback.

Posted: //
Feb. 18, 2017, 1:46 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 3:26 p.m.

Love the game so far. It gets pretty intense for a slow paced game, which is awesome.

Though there are some annoyances that my friend and I have encountered. Here is some of what we've been experiencing. (Will continue to update post as we encounter more things.)

1) When playing with a friend, if one us accidentally selects Veteran fleet while the person who started it had selected Recruit, it throws us both into Veteran matchmaking. (There's also this weird thing where we both had made sure to queue for Recruit Bracket I-II while using Tier II ships and it throws us both into Veteran Bracket II-IV)

Would love if there was a simple "join as party" option which automatically selects the appropriate fleet that matches the bracket selection of the group leader.
OR
At least a heads up indicator for which bracket the group leader had queued for.

Also, party members should have the Play button grayed out since only the group leader can actually queue anyways.

2) Power differences between ships of different tiers are vastly different and fighting in Veteran Bracket with lower tier ships is almost impossible.

I think the Veteran Bracket should ideally be only II-III. Tier IV ships are significantly stronger than Tier II (and Tier III in terms of modules) so teams with Tier IIs and IIIs are already at a disadvantage. (We've lost every game against a team that had more Tier IVs.)

3) Comparing ships via Manufacturers list is difficult.

Would be a lot easier to compare ships if Speed, Weapon Effectiveness, and Health had numbers. The bars work fine within a specific manufacturer's list but makes comparing across multiple manufacturers tedious if not impossible.
OR
A nice way to easily compare ships of a certain type across all manufactures.

Speaking of stats, would be nice having the exact weapon distance of the main guns for each ship type.

4) Not a big item, but we tend to press ESC to go "Back", since most games do that. Key "Back" button to ESC perhaps?

5) When leaving a game through the ESC Menu during ship selection phase (whether it be the leader or a group member), the group gets disbanded and we have to re-invite.

Would be more convenient if there was a way to leave as a group.

6) Corvettes being able to solo all class types at full hp. (My friend has done this several times)

I get that Corvettes are suppose to be the sneaky class of ship in this game, but having a one shot (or in this case a one-flyby) kill ship feels very unbalanced. I feel either Corvettes need to have their damage reduced and make them become more of a harass than an assassin.
OR
Secondary weapons of most ships like Destoyers and Dreadnoughts damage and/or bullet velocity need to be increased to counter them better.

7) When group leader quickly cancels queue and quickly rejoins, group members will successfully leave with leader but fail to rejoin.

8) Canceling Weapon, Shield or Speed boost with a separate fourth button is not as intuitive as it could be.

I love the key ring for energy transfer to boost your ship because it looks cool, but I personally don't use it since cancelling a boost turns out to be one of weirdest things to do for me. My mouse tends to slide to one of the three options and having to recenter to the cancel button doesn't always work well (especially in the middle of a fight.) Instead I use the direct shortcut keys for the boosts (so does my friend.)

We feel to cancel a boost should be pressing the same button again instead of pressing a separate off switch. Removing that extra step of having to think of another button makes it more intuitive.

For example the current mental model is:
weapons on (F3), weapons off, switch off (F4), speed on (F1), speed off, switch off (F4).

It can be simplified to:
weapons on (F3), weapons off (F3), speed on (F1), speed off (F1).

9) Not a big item, but it would be super awesome to be able to preview the ship model from the manufacture's list instead of having to worm through the upgrade/research lists to do it.

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:28 p.m.

Welcome aboard, Captain! Glad to have you with us. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions!

Feb. 19, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 19, 2017, 10:50 a.m.

1. Agreed
  2. Agreed, too. Or [ I + II ] and [ III + IV ] Brackets.
  3. Absolutley agreed. We definitley need some numbers here for main & secondary weapons.
  4. Would be nice, indeed.
  5. Didn't face this problem, so it may be a bug?

6. It's a question of being attentive. With shields on, Corvettes can't "one-shot" you most of the time. Be aware of them, since they always try to sneak behind you. So take notice of whats happening behind you. Destroyers are excellent in killing corvettes with their flak cannons. Sadly they have a very short range, but if in range, you will blow away a Corvette in no time. Healers with blast pulse are also very good in ruining the day for a corvette player.

7. (not tested yet)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.