FORUMS

Corvette Nerf

Posted: //
Feb. 18, 2017, 11:56 a.m.

Can you guys please nerf the Corvette, you cant hit him with missiles because he has an afterburner and a warp. When he warps in he does easly 15k damage in a few seconds and warps out without being hit. Aint he a little bit too op?

Feb. 18, 2017, 12:12 p.m.

I play for 10min. enemy Team 4 corvettes, my team was ever Dead.
I hate these ships.

Feb. 18, 2017, 12:22 p.m.

No nerf! You'll learn how to defeat 'em.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Feb. 18, 2017, 12:34 p.m.

^ Eventually, yes. But I agree that due to the tech tree, balancing seems to rather off, especially in the earlier tiers. I can telll you that once you've got a layout that fits you (pre-tree I had an Aion- and an Invictus-loadout with the sole purpose of whacking 'Vettes) they'll be no more than a mosquito waiting to be slapped.

-We do not go gentle into that good night- -Rage, rage against the dying of the light-

Feb. 18, 2017, 1:10 p.m.

Corvettes are very deadly tools esp. in experienced hands. But there are possible counters even in recruit games. No need for nerf here.
- Watch them. When you get caught off guard your likely dead. Attack them on approach.
- Use your energy. Vettes don't have drain in recruit games. With shields you stay alive.
- Mark them with "F" so your team can concentrate fire.
- Orcus/Cerberus kill them quite easy with their beams. Use Blast Pulse.
- Use secondary weapons when in range
- Don't play Sniper against two or more enemy vettes unless you have a good team and know what you do

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:03 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 18, 2017, 5:04 p.m.

BlackDragonk#6382 posted (#post-108463)

Can you guys please nerf the Corvette, you cant hit him with missiles because he has an afterburner and a warp. When he warps in he does easly 15k damage in a few seconds and warps out without being hit. Aint he a little bit too op?

agreed. These things are singlehandedly winning matches, regardless of team comp. Its ridiculous.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:17 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 18, 2017, 5:36 p.m.

Its not needed at all. Many ways to counter Corvettes, Got a buddy who flies arty ships and swats them out the sky which granted isn't easy but it sure works.

They are very deadly ships but incredibly fragile. Positioning is key if you are in a ship they like to target. I regularly see them get obliterated by a single broadside as they try to get in to kill a well position tac cruiser/artillery ship. Then I regularly see them cleaning up players who dont stick with the group and instead hang right at the back sniping 10km and then complain when they get caught by a Corvette.

Even the Oberon Healer lines mince corvettes, beam amp and shoot them 5km away as they approach. The hard part is spotting an incoming corvette and that separates the good corvettes from the terrible corvettes. You don't need to fit to take them down at all and can easily do it without beam amp. People underestimate the Oberon Tac cruiser beam.

If the Corvettes are killing you so easily you are either out of position or not making your team mates aware of the position. Everyone shoots a Corvette because its an easy chunk of XP.

I fly a Palos & Harwich and I Can gladly mince Corvettes right out to 5km away and survive them burning modules to kill me at close range. Wiping the floor with corvettes is stupidly easy with the right ship.

Even got accused of hacking earlier today when I was dealing with 3 corvettes constantly. Unlike some things in the game corvettes don't need changing.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:24 p.m.

Any nerfs to these will come due to the ships stats that the devs can look at any time I would suspect that before release there will be a balance pass on everything based on those numbers.

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:33 p.m.

Both people are right: there is multiple counter to corvette.
But with the tech tree, leveling something for the sole reason of countering one specific built (Assault Blink Warp to name it) is not something we can do.

Before 2.0 you had access to all ship, meaning you could take a Palos (or the equivalent pre-2.0) and you had just to equip it a bite if needed.

Now people that play those ship either don't know what they do, or are taunt because they are seen as useless (which, sorry to say it, is true if they don't face Vet or are not equipped to face them.)

So all you can do against them is either having a very skilled Art, or be near a Dread that can flak the a.S,s of the vet. (or being lucky and having a good Palos or sub-ship in your team)

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Feb. 18, 2017, 5:38 p.m.

From both playing as corvette and against corvettes i would say they are totally OP. secondary weapons is joke if it even hits (and at this point i would like to shout out another thread in forums focused on aiming and how it would be possible to fix it: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/58108/?page=1#post-107265 ) then you will make something like 10-20% HP damage to corvette and it will kill you before you reload...
As artillery cruiser (i mean artillery, not that oberon thingie, those have even worse position IMO) you need to hit him 3x with main gun (or more if he uses shield) or 2times with main gun and then with full clip of secondary. Again, aiming issues of dreadnought makes it extremely hard, almost impossible (when playing corvettes i dont even bother maneuvering, just fly straight to artillery and murder it... if he misses even once, he is dead even if he uses seondaries, because not enought time to reload...
I remember just 1 arty guy who was able to defend himself from my tier II corvette, he was tier IV arty and murdered me with well placed catapult launch. Even then, with only about 50% success rate. Note that i am horrible at piloting and in many cases i dont even bother to maneuver. Anyone decent in corvette would probably survive). Many times, even with tier II corvette in veteran match i went into group of 6 enemies, being shot at by half of them on approach, sniped their arty or tech cruiser and got away alive...
With secondaries having so low damage and corvettes having huge health pool while being able to do 15k dmg in some 4 seconds, corvettes are just too fcking OP.

From fighting against them, there are aiming issues (like with tac cruiser aiming right on corvette by crosshair and game damage effectivity indicator and beam doesnt connect and other problems) They are also quite maneuverable and fast, they outrun missiles with warp, afterburner and engine boosts etc, with their health not even auxiliary wepons like prothean autocannons help... only reliable defense against corvettes i have found so far is flying dreadnought and broadside them out of the sky...

What could be done with them is either make secondaries useful (something like double clip size, tripple damage, but then there will be issues about its ballance when used against actual ships) and/or reducing corvette HP (by 50% at least)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.