FORUMS

Corvette Nerf

Posted: //
Feb. 18, 2017, 5:38 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 18, 2017, 5:40 p.m.

Alasthor#9495 posted (#post-108502)

Both people are right: there is multiple counter to corvette.
But with the tech tree, leveling something for the sole reason of countering one specific built (Assault Blink Warp to name it) is not something we can do.

Before 2.0 you had access to all ship, meaning you could take a Palos (or the equivalent pre-2.0) and you had just to equip it a bite if needed.

Now people that play those ship either don't know what they do, or are taunt because they are seen as useless (which, sorry to say it, is true if they don't face Vet or are not equipped to face them.)

So all you can do against them is either having a very skilled Art, or be near a Dread that can flak the a.S,s of the vet. (or being lucky and having a good Palos or sub-ship in your team)

My Palos was fit for Healing. It still tore Corvettes apart. My Harwich gladly murders them wave after wave. Like every ship in the game certain ships are better for dealing with them, It just happens to be that people dont like the ships that deal with corvettes.

Imagine if people played artillery ships and no one played Corvettes and the arty ships just kited and avoided fights whilst shooting at range. Fortunately people play the ship that counters them.

I think a big thing to fix the issue is to make support ships other then healers get more points for performing roles. Currently my Repair pods generate no XP or reward, Stasis, Disruption and Purge grant no rewards and chipping away at HP to deter attacks rewards no XP.

The whole reward system needs a massive overhaul. Healing and Kills are the only rewards and as such people play ships that maximize this. Hence corvettes to murder to people who dont stay together Destroyers and Dreadnoughts for damage and healers to keep them alive.

Support roles which completely shut down corvettes are not played due to minimum rewards.

Feb. 18, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

In situation noone played corvettes, arties would still have lot of possible counters. Kiting and avoiding fights works only against dreadnoughts and even they might have a chance with use of missiles and warp engine. Destroyers are fast enought to keep pace. Also only Oberon arty could be effectively used to kite around and shoot from distance as other arties have limited fire arc and are way less mobile. Arty is ballanced even in situation there is no corvette in game. Basically just by correct piloting and good situation awareness any ship have chance to kill other ship, if one of those two isnt corvette (or tac cruiser, but tac cruiser have other role and when handled properly can survive until reunited with allies... again, if that other ship isnt corvette)

You are correct with reward system problems.

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:47 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 18, 2017, 9:48 p.m.

Ok, I can't say I'm an arty main - because I play other ships too - but I have the most hours played on it (dred 2nd). And this post made me laugh so hard, that I woke up my gf.
-->

Anup#8724 posted (#post-108503)

As artillery cruiser (i mean artillery, not that oberon thingie, those have even worse position IMO) you need to hit him 3x with main gun (or more if he uses shield) or 2times with main gun and then with full clip of secondary.

I can agree, that it's harder to deal with vettes as Oberon's arty - but only at range. It's balanced by the fact, that you can't be flanked and don't have to use secondary (unlike other 2 arties) - because your main gun has 4 pi firing angle.
On the other hand, Jupiter's and Akula arties - with those it's easier to kill them at range.

I don't know where did you get the idea about 3 shots, but T4 Akula arty (Murometz) needs 2 shots to kill a ANY Jupiter vette (including T4), 2-3 for any Oberon's vette (but they are much easier to hit) and 3 for Akula's (relatively easy to hit due to medium speed an larger frame). Akula's ones are also almost harmless (or people don't know how to fly them).

For T4 Jupiter's Onager (the one I'm flying) - it's ONE shot (with P2Wp) to kill ANY Jupiter's vette (inc. T4), 1-2 for Oberon and 2 for Akula.

...when playing corvettes i dont even bother maneuvering, just fly straight to artillery and murder it... if he misses even once, he is dead even if he uses seondaries, because not enought time to reload...

^Right here, I loled AF.

With secondaries having so low damage and corvettes having huge health pool

Just so you know, T4 Light Flaks kill T2 vette at half-clip or so. T3 Jupiter's vette - at may be 7-8 hits out of 10. T4 - you'll have to reload and do some magic with either "Dive" or "Evasive Maneuver". Then you can kill it on the second clip (if he doesn't get scared an run away - which they often do). T3-T4 Oberon and Akula - you'll probably have to reload once, but they do less dmg with their guns.

By themselves vettes are not that dangerous. However, there's a real pretty strong thing that they do have: Blast Pulse and Assault Blink Warp.
Those 2 mods are pretty f..king strong. At least for PUGs.
However in even remotely coordinated teams (or even half-decent pugs) such guys are remembered and focused by an entire f...king team.

That's why at medium and high level of play vettes are mostly meh. Yeah, there are exceptionally good players, that can dominate anyways. Such as with LITERALLY any other type of ship.
To say you get a vette and "BOOM 15-0 WIN" - that only happens in recruit.

No, seriously, brah, stop smashing recruit newbies, try vette at higher levels (then git rekt, then come to cry in this thread)

"Hang in there!" (™)

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:51 p.m.

Ok, I can't say I'm an arty main - because I play other ships too - but I have the most hours played on it (dred 2nd). And this post made me laugh so hard, that I woke up my gf.
-->

As artillery cruiser (i mean artillery, not that oberon thingie, those have even worse position IMO) you need to hit him 3x with main gun (or more if he uses shield) or 2times with main gun and then with full clip of secondary.

I can agree, that it's harder to deal with vettes as Oberon's arty - but only at range. It's balanced by the fact, that you can't be flanked and don't have to use secondary (unlike other 2 arties) - because your main gun has 4 pi firing angle.
On the other hand, Jupiter's and Akula arties - with those it's easier to kill them at range.

I don't know where did you get the idea about 3 shots, but T4 Akula arty (Murometz) needs 2 shots to kill a ANY Jupiter vette (including T4), 2-3 for any Oberon's vette (but they are much easier to hit) and 3 for Akula's (relatively easy to hit due to medium speed an larger frame). Akula's ones are also almost harmless (or people don't know how to fly them).

For T4 Jupiter's Onager (the one I'm flying) - it's ONE shot (with P2Wp) to kill ANY Jupiter's vette (inc. T4), 1-2 for Oberon and 2 for Akula.

...when playing corvettes i dont even bother maneuvering, just fly straight to artillery and murder it... if he misses even once, he is dead even if he uses seondaries, because not enought time to reload...

^Right here, I loled AF.

Just so you know, T4 Light Flaks kill T2 vette at half-clip or so. T3 Jupiter's vette - at may be 7-8 hits out of 10. T4 - you'll have to reload and do some magic with either "Dive" or "Evasive Maneuver". Then you can kill it on the second clip (if he doesn't get scared an run away - which they often do). T3-T4 Oberon and Akula - you'll probably have to reload once, but they do less dmg with their guns.

By themselves vettes are not that dangerous. However, there's a real pretty strong thing that they do have: Blast Pulse and Assault Blink Warp.
However in even remotely coordinated teams (or even half-decent pugs) such guys are remembered and focused by an entire f...king team.

That's why at medium and high level of play vettes are mostly meh. Yeah, there are exceptionally good players, that can dominate anyways. Such as with LITERALLY any other type of ship.

No, seriously, brah, stop smashing recruit newbies, try vette at higher levels (then git rekt, then come to cry in this thread)

"Hang in there!" (™)

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:55 p.m.

-->

^Right here, I loled AF.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Feb. 18, 2017, 9:56 p.m.

-->

^Right here, I loled AF.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Feb. 19, 2017, 6:16 a.m.

-->

^Right here, I loled AF.

"Hang in there!" (™)

Feb. 19, 2017, 10:30 a.m.

Hey there!

I'm flying mainly Destroyers. Because they are a sweet mix out of maneuverbility and firepower. And, they're absolutley deadly for corvettes, due to their flak cannons. A T2 Destroyer can wipe out a T2 Corvette with 4 well placed shots with their flak cannon. It's absolutly deadly, and no one is using it. (Sad fact: Flak cannon range is very short, too short for my opinion. It only helps to defend yourself, not your allies.)

I hate corvettes, yes. They are nasty, can inflict heavy damage and are very fast and agile. But it's a question of skill and teamplay to manage them.

• Check at the beginning of a match how many Corvettes are on enemy team. (hit TAB key)
  • Inform your team.
  • Check if there are at least 2 Destroyers in your team, or at least 2-3 Healers.
  • If those guys now what they're doing, they are always at guard and protect the fleet from corvettes with ease.

-> Problem here: If you playing with new players, this won't happen, and so you're a easy prey for corvettes.

So, yes and now. Corvettes are OP and Corvettes are still fine. Hard to handle or beat by newbies.
But it IS possible. And an opportunity to turn around the beat.

Example: Got a match with 4 hostile Corvettes on enemy team. Did choose my Destroyer, and me and another player we were hunting down the Corvettes. 65 points out of 100 were Corvette kills. They barely had a chance and granted us a Vicroty (100 to 40). So it is possible, yes, but you need, like mentioned before, a little bit skill and teamwork. And i agree, thats hard to perform with randoms and newbies. But i can't offer a real solution for this.
Nerfing Corvettes sounds problematic, because they may be useless after this in higher Tiers.

Feb. 19, 2017, 5:12 p.m.

thos ship are made to kill sniper or camper not to kill heavy ships what is the point to have a destroyer or dreadnough whit all thos guns if one little ship do more damage i thos danm think can kill a dreadnouht in one pass in sec covette are ruin the game

Feb. 20, 2017, 4:47 a.m.

Hm. I've never got killed by a Corvette while flying a Dreadnought. With Shields on it's nearly impossible for him to kill me. Especially with Armor hardener active. (Talking about heavy Dreadnoughts)

Maybe if the corvette parks next to you, using 4 Clips of Ammo to take you down. But this should be plenty enough time to kill him with your secondary weapon?

But i agree that defending against corvettes needs some skill new players don't have. So i can understand the general frustration.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.