FORUMS

Purge effects are killing this game for me.

Posted: //
June 24, 2016, 7:54 p.m.

Well I am now starting to come across teams that are running purge weapons and it is a real game killer for me. I just don't understand how this even made it into the game. Adding an "I win" button for anyone else who isn't able to counter with the same thing is just not fun. As a guy who only has time to queue solo and play this game coming up against coordinated teams running purges is a real game killer. After the second time a row against different teams I have just shut the game down because it is not fun getting stomped into the dirt.

June 24, 2016, 8:23 p.m.

While I generally agree on Purge being OP, a few points of note:

The ACs Purge Shot locks the AC in place for 3 seconds and drains all their energy.
The Tac Cruisers Purge beam makes then deal no damage last I heard, and take double.

As such, the modules do have disadvantages.
I think the problem there is coordinated teams.
I admit I haven't seen Purge Rams since it was announced they would be nerfed... did that even happen yet?

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

June 25, 2016, 12:24 a.m.

ram aimd at u dive or rise and use flack. if a nucke move!!!!!! dont try to tank it -.-'

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-39209)

Well I am now starting to come across teams that are running purge weapons and it is a real game killer for me. I just don't understand how this even made it into the game. Adding an "I win" button for anyone else who isn't able to counter with the same thing is just not fun. As a guy who only has time to queue solo and play this game coming up against coordinated teams running purges is a real game killer. After the second time a row against different teams I have just shut the game down because it is not fun getting stomped into the dirt.

We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares. And as our last breath tears at their lungs...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast.

June 25, 2016, 12:45 a.m.

Purge ram I don't have much problem with since I usually play as a dreadnought and a talionis is basically committing suicide against me even if the ram hits. Purge nukes are a real big pain. If your not already in motion when they launch it then your pretty much screwed. Obviously there is a problem with the whole purge mechanics as I now see that some of the abilities are either turned off completey or about to get nerfed hard like the talionis.

June 25, 2016, 12:46 a.m.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-39209)

While I like the tactical options opened up by purge (it rewards agressive play, rather than the incessant turtling that permeates a lot of games) I agree with you regarding it's power. It's a little too good. If you then throw disruption effects into the mix, you might as well make the combination instagib you when hit by it - if you're purged and disrupted, you are absolutely dead.

I think purge should remain, but as a debuff/DOT, instead of an instant drain. Maybe a 5-10 second total drain on your reserves, so you can put aside a few seconds to either raise your shields and hope to tank a little bit, throw power to engines and try to get to cover, or switch to weapons to try and throw some more last-ditch damage downrange.

June 25, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Purge has been a bit of problem. I don't know if it needs to be completely removed... but nerfing would be a start. I feel like it's something that needs to be addressed on a fundamental level. At the very least some counters would be nice. Like an officers briefing that reduces it's effect or some other ability/module.

June 27, 2016, 4:30 a.m.

I think that the game needs fewer purge effects overall. For Artillery Cruisers, Purge Mode seems reasonably balanced: it drains all energy, forces the cruiser to stand still for like 5 seconds, in order to fire a single, slow-moving no-damage shot. On the other hand, I would not miss Purge Beam (which should be broken into more specific types of beams along with Stasis Beam) or Purge Ram, all of which seem way too easy to use.

June 27, 2016, 2:43 p.m.

I started a thread on this last month and didnt have much success on this saddly. However i am happy to not be the only one who sees the purge mechanic as a problem.

Now purge should and can exist but it should be jack of all trades and master of none kind of deal. Right now it drains, disrupts, slows down, scrambles and on top of it major damage and a AoE effect ( on most of them).

Purge should do all these things but at a much lesser level. The slow of Purge should be half of what you get from actualy Stasis modules, Disruption effect should cancel only skills on use and not put everything into CD, drain should be half the energy (if not a third) and so on.

Purge is simply too strong right now but toning it down it would still be a very good "tip of the spear" skill and not the "press to win" skill we currently have right now.

P.S. Once we get into Open Beta the forum wull burn because of the purge topics. IT WAS FORETOLD!

June 27, 2016, 3:01 p.m.

Purge does no damage on a Purge nuke, And the Purge shot on a Arty only does an anties damage, Purge Ram does SOME damage, but a lot less than a Plasma Ram, Purge beam does no damage.

And Yes I do agree Purge is very very strong, BUT against a good team, It is Less effective.

I am addicted to Dreadnought like I am addicted to Brake Fluid, I can stop anytime.

Just remember to always shoot the ship being healed and never change tactics and then complain why you lost.

June 27, 2016, 5:04 p.m.

ChaosWraith#8422 posted (#post-39402)

Purge does no damage on a Purge nuke, And the Purge shot on a Arty only does an anties damage,

They deal 500 damage each (but the nuke in AOE ofc).

Purge Ram does SOME damage, but a lot less than a Plasma Ram,

Currently same as Blast Ram, i.e. half of Plasma Ram, but AOE.

Purge beam does no damage.

Correct, the purge beam amp itself deals no damage, although technically you still deal normal beam damage, yet are affected by weapon breaker.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.