FORUMS

THE GAME IS DEAD.

Posted: //
June 29, 2016, 3:08 p.m.

to be devils advocate here, OP does have a point. closed beta or not, trickeling in more stuff is basically a requirement for a succesfull game. i too stopped playing untill there is new stuff to do/test/use.

July 14, 2016, 6:13 p.m.

i would like to point out that for my self i dont play as much , being a mid level casual player , the unbalanced one sided matchmaking made me really not play as much till the population gets bigger and a better mm algorithm is in place .does no good to even group up if you cant really effect another player cuz you don't have the ships or mods to keep you effective

July 15, 2016, 4:37 a.m.

Bambina#6312 posted (#post-39424)

I have no idea what type of players should play this game.
Shooterfans??
gameplay is to slow....

casual players?
5 classes, lots of items, perks and functions, 50 levels with new stuff...way to complicated for casual players

gameplay is slow if you turtle. just had a number of games in a 3-man squad with some random decent players who actually use chat and accept friend/squad invites and every-time we fought against "the" 5-man organized squad, the battle ends really quick - with us losing of course, but not by much. I even thought we actually had a chance on one of the battles where I only died a few times in my Tac cruiser getting multiple Domination bonuses and such despite providing plenty of healing to allies (we didn't win probably because one of the squad members DC'd - he did well up to that point).

5 classes is still within the normal. and its also explained well how each ship (not just each class) plays. I only recently started playing this game (got the code a wekk ago) but I already understand it well - I may not be a casual, but the hours I've spent playing this game per day is still well within the casual's level; I don't get to play on weekends either.

July 16, 2016, 4:51 a.m.

Got into the cbt just recently, but it seems I can never find a game ever. It's perhaps one of the most dead cbt's I'v ever experienced.

Aug. 1, 2016, 4:18 a.m.

this wants to make me not download the game even doe i got a beta key... fail

Aug. 1, 2016, 9:36 a.m.

Me and my friends/team mates played the ever living ship out of this. From Alpha 1 to closed beta. We all stopped because we've devoured everything there is to do. All other teams fled when they saw us and most broke into smaller groups to avoid us. I get people weren't striving to be as organized as we were or trying to be that competitive... but I thought surely there would be more than 10 or so folks who wanted to put up a fight.

It seems to be that the game will largely remain dead for a group like us until 2.0 or whenever open beta starts. Some of my friends don't like the looks of 2.0 so the team may never reform but I'm still willing to give it a chance.

I'm not at all sorry the time I spent with Dreadnought. I gave them the $40 for founders and given the 500 hours I put into it that's a pretty fair trade. I just hope I'll actually continue playing it to launch... for now I'm just waiting for 2.0 as there isn't much point in playing.

Aug. 9, 2016, 12:32 p.m.

i tried to enter a match solo and with my brother in team. more than 10 sometimes 25 minutes of waiting for a poor balanced game isnt much fun.
we tried it on several days in the week and at weekend and also on different times. its just not funny

Aug. 9, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 9, 2016, 12:47 p.m.

Coldbane#7125 posted (#post-42156)

i tried to enter a match solo and with my brother in team. more than 10 sometimes 25 minutes of waiting for a poor balanced game isnt much fun.
we tried it on several days in the week and at weekend and also on different times. its just not funny

Maybe the queue times got a bit longer,but i cant believe its nearly to 25 mins,ofc the matchmaking is off with low population(due to beta) and i see quite amount of low lvl players in higher lvl matches,but i dont w8 more than 5 mins for match,average time is 3 mins.Ofc i dont try team elimination at all,only TDM.

P.s. Its not that bad to give new players some advices.whenever i see in higher tier match low lvl players,i try to give some tips(ofc the most common is stay with your group in formation),lots of them do pretty well if given an advice.
The problem is with some higher lvl players,that love to tear apart newbies with their vettes..

"The First Of His Name"

Aug. 10, 2016, 5:28 a.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-42157)

The problem is with some higher lvl players,that love to tear apart newbies with their vettes..

There wouldn't be a difference if those players were using a trader or unmodified corvette. Experienced players just use the opportunity being given by unexperienced players.

Aug. 19, 2016, 2:31 p.m.

Got a friend to play this same time i started about 2 days ago, they already stopped playing because....... covettes 1 shotting them, im currently progressing nice and slow but am frustrated because of....... corvettes 1 shotting me over and over and over again regardles of the "pro tips" i read on the forums which i religiously act upon.... and still get 1 shotted by corvettes.

This is pretty much the same as over at Galactic Junk League which was i playing at previously, Frigates over there are exactly the same, they power down nearly all targets regardless of ship size in true easymode style, your then left with the boring option of either join them or die/have no fun, i have tried corvettes and they are indeed far too easy compared to the rest but in nearly any game i prefer the medic/healer/support roles for fun, so at present the incentive to grind is lukewarm at best when i currently know its barely going to change the typical outcome vs those pesky flies.

Getting owned by the bigger stuff is fair play, its their job to tear stuff to bits and they have downsides, just seems a bit weird that tiny ships in such a small timeframe are more destructive than the bigger ones yet have the benefit of being able to just leap away as they see fit when you engage them even as a team.

Again as a new starter experiencing all this from the word go i can easily see why the already small playerbase may possibly be shrinking, maybe a different future matchmaking system will change this, i dont know.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.