FORUMS

THE GAME IS DEAD.

Posted: //
Aug. 26, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

Hiya Methanoid, Lmc here ^_^
As with cruisers vs frigates in GJL, I have found the Cattaro (and to a lesser extent, the Aion) is a fairly potent deterrent to corvettes if built well (heck, just came out with 11 kills / 2 deaths and a winning team from a game with my Cattaro against 3 enemy corvettes). You really just need to be paying attention and getting your shield up just before the burst comes in (with the energy generator activated at around 40% power, a Cattaro can keep its shields online for a crazy long time and take very little damage from their burst). Lack of needing to predict their movements and decent DPS on the beam usually results in a corvette popping first, and if you have a nuclear mine, there isn't even a chance for them.

The problem isn't so much the corvettes, but more that people don't play the counters to corvettes and/or are not situationally aware enough to have their shields at the right time. At the very least the corvettes here don't have that damned stun.

Back on topic, the game doesn't seem that dead to me, and the matchmaking seems fair. Typically I have queues ranging from 10s to 3m, with the most extreme being 8m. I've so far played 55 battles with a W/L ratio of 1.04 (winning about half the games I play, as should be expected). I may have just been really lucky though, I don't know.

Aug. 27, 2016, 5:25 p.m.

Updated //
Aug. 27, 2016, 5:32 p.m.

Lymceh#8349 posted (#post-43173)

Hiya Methanoid, Lmc here ^_^
As with cruisers vs frigates in GJL, I have found the Cattaro (and to a lesser extent, the Aion) is a fairly potent deterrent to corvettes if built well (heck, just came out with 11 kills / 2 deaths and a winning team from a game with my Cattaro against 3 enemy corvettes). You really just need to be paying attention and getting your shield up just before the burst comes in (with the energy generator activated at around 40% power, a Cattaro can keep its shields online for a crazy long time and take very little damage from their burst). Lack of needing to predict their movements and decent DPS on the beam usually results in a corvette popping first, and if you have a nuclear mine, there isn't even a chance for them.

The problem isn't so much the corvettes, but more that people don't play the counters to corvettes and/or are not situationally aware enough to have their shields at the right time. At the very least the corvettes here don't have that damned stun.

Back on topic, the game doesn't seem that dead to me, and the matchmaking seems fair. Typically I have queues ranging from 10s to 3m, with the most extreme being 8m. I've so far played 55 battles with a W/L ratio of 1.04 (winning about half the games I play, as should be expected). I may have just been really lucky though, I don't know.

Hello m8, the above reads great, and i have read about nuke mine and other counters..... but its all high lvl stuff that doesnt really help us new starters.

The always useful advice of, "keep a good watch" is again common sense, but the fact you literally might have to constantly look around being 100% paranoid just is not fun, in no way should you have to be doing 180-360degree spins just to catch wind of 1 tiny little ship, i cant think of any other fun game where you have to take it to such extremes and so often, moreso when there is more than 1 corvette.

I play way way way less already (already stopped playing GJL until beta arrives for exact same frigate reasons) as i'm already at that stage where i find the games terribly boring or simply frustrating unless i join the legion of corvette players, which i dont want to do, but thats all that works. Same as in GJL, you die loads to frigs in your supposedly bigger and better ships, get annoyed and feel compelled to just do it yourself to actually rack up easy kills and progress in the game faster.

Watching teammates in dreads/etc die to corvettes so damned fast just makes me shake my head and /facedesk, it reaaaaaly shouldnt happen, again mirroring GJL.

I'll try again when this 2.0 update lands, see how things have been tweaked by that time and dust off a new Aion.

Need to find another fun fix in the meantime, know of anything else thats worth a try?

Aug. 28, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

Devs stated that if you have unusually long queue times, you should exit the queue and then RE-queue. Instead of making a rage thread on the forums, you could've simply asked, instead of being toxic.........

You know, forums are a great place for information and player discussion.

1971-1996 Tupac Amaru Shakur, West Side Bad Boy Killaz!

Sept. 3, 2016, 11:56 p.m.

I haven't been able to get a game launched yet. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes searching for a a match. When it finds one, it goes to the load screen for a couple of minutes and goes back to the hanger. I've tried 5 times., restarted the game twice, still nothing. Firewall isn't blocking it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sept. 4, 2016, 12:52 a.m.

PasWolf#5158 posted (#post-43562)

I haven't been able to get a game launched yet. It will take about 3 to 5 minutes searching for a a match. When it finds one, it goes to the load screen for a couple of minutes and goes back to the hanger. I've tried 5 times., restarted the game twice, still nothing. Firewall isn't blocking it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey there PasWolf,

If this is happening please contact our support, they should be able to help you get it resolved.

Thanks so much for reaching out.

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Sept. 4, 2016, 10:58 a.m.

You guys should note that most of the players playing currently seem to be in American timezones. At the beginning of my beta experience I was playing a lot in the late Pacific American hours which meant I was playing with a lot of international players of which there seemed to be very few because my wait times were 5 to 10 minutes. Now I play in earlier hours for Pacific and for months have been finding games in 2 to 3 minutes. You could just adjust your play time for now until the player base grows.

How much you wanna bet I can chuck this football over them there mountains?

Sept. 4, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

Hey all,

We hear you with Queue times being a concern, and right now with Progression 2.0 in the wind, I imagine that will be of concern until we launch it. A lot of work and focus is being put into 2.0, and when it is ready for consumption I really think the issues with queue times will fix themselves. Hang tight with us during this phase of beta as we continue to move forward with production and prepare for the new rollout.

I would encourage you to jump into the community run Discord. It might be easier to find a match with others!

Tim "Kalvothe" Slager Positive feedback is good for morale, critical feedback is good for the game.

Follow me on Twitter: @kalvothe

Sept. 4, 2016, 1:06 p.m.

DN_Dariuas#6010 posted (#post-43563)

PasWolf#5158 posted (#post-43562)

Hey there PasWolf,

If this is happening please contact our support, they should be able to help you get it resolved.

Thanks so much for reaching out.

I tried opening a ticket, but when I click on " You can submit tickets through the web portal at any time here." it says the page doesn't exist.

Sept. 4, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 4, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

[PasWolf#5158] I tried opening a ticket, but when I click on " You can submit tickets through the web portal at any time here." it says the page doesn't exist.

If you are still having an issue, please copy and paste this link directly into your browser. http://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Sept. 4, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

Draex#3006 posted (#post-43648)

[PasWolf#5158] I tried opening a ticket, but when I click on " You can submit tickets through the web portal at any time here." it says the page doesn't exist.

If you are still having an issue, please copy and paste this link directly into your browser. http://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

he's having that issue because the link on that page you gave him is effectively broken. it leads to:

http://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/categories/support.greybox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.