FORUMS

[COMPLETED] SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: Tuesday June 28th, 9 AM - 1 PM CDT

Posted: //
June 28, 2016, 8:15 a.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 6:55 p.m.

Our servers will be entering extended maintenance while we update the greybox.com/dreadnought website and game log-ins.

During this time players will be unable to access Dreadnought.

Furthermore, due to the substantial update coming to greybox.com/dreadnought the site will likely be down until 6pm CDT though game log-ins will be unaffected past 1pm.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

June 28, 2016, 9:58 a.m.

should be

16:00 - 20:00 Central European Summer Time (CEST)

June 28, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

Greate smile

We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares. And as our last breath tears at their lungs...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast.

June 28, 2016, 7:22 p.m.

So...we have a new design for the website now.
Aside from the fact that it's looking rather annoying (srsly why do people use transparency for this?), was there anything fixed? The only new thing I see right away is just another bug, where your name goes into your post (e.g. Tux's name).

June 28, 2016, 8:26 p.m.

Updated //
June 28, 2016, 8:27 p.m.

DESU_Wyvyrias#8434 posted (#post-39442)

So...we have a new design for the website now.
Aside from the fact that it's looking rather annoying (srsly why do people use transparency for this?), was there anything fixed? The only new thing I see right away is just another bug, where your name goes into your post (e.g. Tux's name).

True and agreed, that transparency looks terrible, although interestingly enough with a smaller browser window both of those issues actually go away:

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

June 28, 2016, 9:08 p.m.

Updated //
June 28, 2016, 9:09 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-39446)
True and agreed, that transparency looks terrible, although interestingly enough with a smaller browser window both of those issues actually go away:

It's still kind of sad we now have to use smaller windows in order to fix a new issue while none of the actual ones were fixed.
Though as for the transparency that depends on the position of the post. It only really effects the very first post of each page.
Either way, it shouldn't be like that.

June 28, 2016, 11:11 p.m.

I have to agree. This new forums update is borderline horrible. I definitely can agree to the point of the forums definitely needed both a visual overhaul and a functionality overhaul...

But the readability of the forums got even worse (and I thought it couldn't get any worse from the previous version)
And from what I can tell, this forums update didn't address any of the functionality issues like the scrolling inside of posts (it is very annoying to scroll inside a post for the wall of text)

Anyways the changes to the forums are for the worse. Nothing positive about it.

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

June 29, 2016, 1:07 a.m.

Bug: Dev post tracker not correctly showing latest posts by Devs.. right side column now shows original post author, instead of the dev who posted and how long ago.

June 29, 2016, 3:57 a.m.

Updated //
June 29, 2016, 4:01 a.m.

This looks like a lot of fixed will be coming.
It also looks like a good idea that no one thought through in advance.
Give them some time.
Edit: Holy Carp, the editing is even worse. What's so bad about having the quote button say "quote"?

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

June 29, 2016, 4:12 a.m.

Updated //
June 29, 2016, 4:15 a.m.

Bug: No new post indication for dev threads like this one right here, the icon doesn't change (for player threads it still does). Also no highlighting of either of them.

Usability of these forums wasn't good but it's worse since the update.
PS:

Jeslis#8939 posted (#post-39454)

Bug: Dev post tracker not correctly showing latest posts by Devs.. right side column now shows original post author, instead of the dev who posted and how long ago.

Seems to be work in progress, right now it is showing the dev but still the date of the OP.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.