FORUMS

Welcome to the new Dreadnought website! (Also, allow me to introduce myself.)

Posted: //
July 6, 2016, 3:15 p.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2016, 3:23 p.m.

So how to do a simple strikethrough in this new forum???

Here's what I've tried
~Reddit MU and Skype~
~~GitHub MU~~
1997 html 4.0 (sometimes hides instead) (the html del tags)
1997 html 3.2
(the html strike tags)
1995 html 3.0 _(the html s tags)
-Bit bucket and Gmail chat-
[s]BB code 1998[/s]
---triple Dash from chats---

Note: Can't use CSS it gets stripped out

Forum's preview has a bug, it shows the html tags I typed but removed them on posting.

July 6, 2016, 3:21 p.m.

You can't. It's using some really basic markdown cr4p.

July 6, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

my posts formatting got messed up, preview looks good but after posting... yuck!

DESU_Wyvyrias#8434 posted (#post-39883)

You can't. It's using some really basic markdown cr4p.

Agreed

July 7, 2016, 3:47 a.m.

Is there any way I can get rid of the fugly scrollbars in "longer than average posts"? I couldn't find it in the UCP, maybe it's hardcoded. If so, bad move. They totally break the forum theme and are annoying too.

Also, regarding PNG, please have a look at PNGGauntlet.

Markdown seems to be trending up but I can't still figure who's pushing such a dumb trend. BB code with a preview button or a WYSIWYG editor is a far better option provided with most forum software suites. The Preview is indeed bugged (CSS) so I'd better just type like I'm texting. At least I type full words when texting...

I'd have ended the previous line with a "tongue" emote but it's so ugly I'd rather not. Please tell they guy who drew them I send him/her a hug while shaking my head "no-no-no..."

I started "surfing the web" with Mosaic 1.0 and despite animated text size, big (and heavy) pictures and fancy bevelled buttons this just feels like Netscape. Well, the color palette is quite good. There's room to improve and there seems to be people working on it, so I'm keeping the faith (so to speak).

July 7, 2016, 6:33 a.m.

Kurim#7219 posted (#post-39938)

Is there any way I can get rid of the fugly scrollbars in "longer than average posts"? I couldn't find it in the UCP, maybe it's hardcoded. If so, bad move. They totally break the forum theme and are annoying too.

Also, regarding PNG, please have a look at PNGGauntlet.

That won't help, the graphics are just too massive. The background image for these forums alone is 1.6 MB. This stuff needs to be jpg files, and low quality at that, nobody looks at those images, anyway. I just blocked them all for now, doesn't look good anyway.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 9, 2016, 8:47 a.m.

I got Dreadnought a fair while ago, but stopped playing after a couple of matches because of a major glitch that really impeded my enjoyment of the game.

Booted it up again recently to find the glitch had been patched out, and that your website has a fresh new look.

The new website is a huge refreshment, and it's certainly a treat for the eyes. I'll be sure to give feedback later on smile

July 14, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

Been away for a few weeks, glad to see the forum has been revised...the old one was difficult to use and impeded searching for information about the game and so I was reluctant to really participate on the site very much.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.