FORUMS

General Fears for "Long-livability"

Posted: //
March 31, 2015, 11:35 p.m.

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,
I've got great respect to the dev team, their early work - Spec Ops: The Line set the bar for me for video game plots.
Dreadnought on the other hand is something that I always loved in many sci-fi games... This is why I loved EVE Online... BIG SHIPS... and epic fights... I really hope that it starts with an arena type thing and excels to something more, I always like to bring another game from Digital Extremes Ltd. as a good example of video game evolution, starting from something small... and as the player base grows envolving into something big.... with F2P model and Free Expansions. It's understandable that the money is made from micro transactions....
But I really don't want this great concept to become a new Titanfall or Evolve

Anyone has any concerns like that?

April 1, 2015, 1:13 a.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2015, 1:14 a.m.

Russian#6770 posted (#post-1748)

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,
I've got great respect to the dev team, their early work - Spec Ops: The Line set the bar for me for video game plots.
Dreadnought on the other hand is something that I always loved in many sci-fi games... This is why I loved EVE Online... BIG SHIPS... and epic fights... I really hope that it starts with an arena type thing and excels to something more, I always like to bring another game from Digital Extremes Ltd. as a good example of video game evolution, starting from something small... and as the player base grows envolving into something big.... with F2P model and Free Expansions. It's understandable that the money is made from micro transactions....

This is a fresh new company with a very new idea. Taking something like Eve Online and taking it to the F2P market. I know there are a few games out there, but nothing thats going to come close to the size of these ships.

If they do things like have research or crafting that have a pay to finish option would be nice and of course there is always the subscription idea of increased XP and money earned. As long as they don't go the route of making certain items only able to be obtained from the item mall will make this game fine. Then you'll have skins and maybe weapon effects and such. So only items that change appearance and nothing that will give a edge to people who pay but still have things that will make them stand out.

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

April 1, 2015, 5:47 a.m.

Well Titanfall and Evolve are games that ask you for money to access to the game, and DLC to get more game content.

It id not what the path the devs want to follow. They stated that all features that have an influence in the gameplay will be obtainable without using any money, and there's nothing that give a clear advantage. It's only "choose what suit your playstyle".

However all that is cosmetics or shiny elements will be obtainable only by paying.

Stiefel : You won't be able to purchase anything that will give you a gameplay benefit. So there are no golden super-weapons that will kill you enemy with one shot. Dreadnought is all about big spaceships and therefore we first and foremost want to give all the Captains out there the possibility to build their own iconic ships using different paint jobs and color patterns, or figure heads.

Waiting Carrier.exe to be present in Dreadnought.
Please wait...

April 1, 2015, 6:02 a.m.

They also have plans for a episodic single player campaign, that should add long term interest.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 1, 2015, 7:29 a.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2015, 7:30 a.m.

Russian#6770 posted (#post-1748)

Sorry for the question, but why do you compare Dreadnought, which is a Third Person (Ship) view game with tactical elements, with those two title that are FPS Action action games?

April 1, 2015, 9:01 a.m.

well there is always the concern of people not liking the game or simply not enough people playing it or buying the stuff from the ingame shop, in the end we can just hope that this awesome game will find it's way onto the harddrives of many people, and also into their hearts!
i can understand that you have those concerns, but i would wait and see how the game actually fairs once it's out, if you still feel it's not enough what they have ingame after thouroughly playing it, then you should voice your concerns again, by providing constructive and cohesive feedback and critique

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

April 3, 2015, 9:12 a.m.

if they have an xp progression, unlocking modules and new ships, they can provide a WoT-style premium time subscription to accelerate xp-earning and/or credit-earning.

World of Tanks is one of the most profitable games in the world for a reason, no shame in looking there for some inspiration on how they provide enough value to customers to make them willing to pay.

April 4, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

Jaydubya#6639 posted (#post-1858)
World of Tanks is one of the most profitable games in the world for a reason, no shame in looking there for some inspiration on how they provide enough value to customers to make them willing to pay.

Just hoping that chatting with each other will be more polite than there :)

The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

April 4, 2015, 11:24 a.m.

Just have to make sure the game does not become "pay-to-win". That will kill a game quickly.

"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

April 4, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

Denchfeng#1714 posted (#post-1892)

Just have to make sure the game does not become "pay-to-win". That will kill a game quickly.

Yager have stated multiple times that nothing whatsoever in the game that effects gameplay will be purchasable.

Also, as most gameplay effecting abilities and weapons are all effectively situational or sidegrades, that shouldn't be an issue.

Exitus acta probat.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.