FORUMS

General Fears for "Long-livability"

Posted: //
April 6, 2015, 10:16 a.m.

I do have to say i do fear a little about how long the game might support it self long term due to most space based games having a fairly short life apart form EVE.

That been said since we are not flying around in fighters odds are good Dread will turn out like EVE and start slow and just keep growing over time to become massive.

If you got a problem use Dakka if you still got a problem you just did not use enough Dakka.

April 6, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

My fear actually is that there will be only that ONE map that has the most pics. I hope that like ranked games, the maps are kinda of randomized. If one map becomes the popular map, then i feel that people will get bored quick since they don't have a chance to try other maps.

Twitter: @_tastypixels
Steam: don_ninja

April 6, 2015, 3 p.m.

Updated //
April 6, 2015, 3:02 p.m.

That depends there is maps I love to play all the time and trust me I love maps that I like a lot! Not everyone is like me though and variety is a needed thing.
PS just noticed quoting someone is bugged and makes double posts if edited.

Give 1 drink to the dead and 1 drink to the living. Those who are legends and those who have valor. They remain apart of this world even after they walk the trail to a new journey leaving one story as we start the next, to one day become legends and hope the flame never dies. We fight!

April 27, 2015, 1:10 a.m.

Just add more ship in general will keep the same fresh for a long time, also adding a competitive scene will make it live forever.

Badly written signature is currently in construction, please comeback latter. Thank you.

April 27, 2015, 11:42 a.m.

Jaydubya#6639 posted (#post-1858)

if they have an xp progression, unlocking modules and new ships, they can provide a WoT-style premium time subscription to accelerate xp-earning and/or credit-earning.

World of Tanks is one of the most profitable games in the world for a reason, no shame in looking there for some inspiration on how they provide enough value to customers to make them willing to pay.

From what I can tell, Dreadnought will be using an XP booster system that players can buy. I would think a Premium system and maybe points for XP conversion so further ships or modules can be researched faster. I cant think of much more that players would be able to buy that wouldn't give them an advantage over other players.

These are not the droids you are looking for.

May 25, 2015, 7:23 a.m.

Updated //
May 25, 2015, 7:25 a.m.

Yager already made their model clear all content that is needed to play (ships, maps) are free as far as i know u just need to lvl to get ability alternativs. The shop provides mostly cosmetics and the "XP" boost for the player that dont want to invest to much time to get the abilities. That is what i know about the F2P modelle. Atm its a bit of a niche game so there is the possebility of it dieing out quikly, so make shure you get all your friends to play it ^^.

Ich möchte eine Deutsche Dreadnaought community starten schick mir ne PM und ich liefer zum Betastart ein TS.

May 28, 2015, 10:36 p.m.

I think the league of legends F2P model or at least some stuff taken from it would help

June 16, 2015, 12:29 p.m.

I really hope they maintain that once the game gets launched. atm everything looks pretty promising.

Selerox#6711 posted (#post-1897)

Denchfeng#1714 posted (#post-1892)

Just have to make sure the game does not become "pay-to-win". That will kill a game quickly.

Yager have stated multiple times that nothing whatsoever in the game that effects gameplay will be purchasable.

Also, as most gameplay effecting abilities and weapons are all effectively situational or sidegrades, that shouldn't be an issue.

"The trouble with life is that there is no background music. "

Aug. 22, 2015, 12:01 a.m.

A free to play model might be awesome in terms of bringing lots and lots of players and make the lobbies actually crowded.
Right now I'm looking and the concept and voicing my concerns, I'm really exited about the closed beta, looking forward to seeing it (of course if odds will be in my favor). The progression factor is always a good thing unless it turned into grinding, the hard part is finding that golden middle that will be challenging to achieve but not frustrating for the average player.

Aug. 22, 2015, 3:59 a.m.

The Yager-DEVs told us in a stream (i think it was the 2nd latest, like something in June or like that) that they want to develop Dreadnought in close combination with the Community and not on their own. And if they stay true to this goal of working together a game, then I think it could most likely really go in the right direction.

Dreadnought - & - Tac. Cruiser

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. -5:40(!spoiler)

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.