FORUMS

[COMPLETED] SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE: WEDNESDAY JULY 6TH, 9 AM - 1 PM CDT

Posted: //
July 5, 2016, 5:57 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 2, 2017, 6:55 p.m.

The game servers will be down from 9 AM til roughly 1 PM CDT tomorrow July 6th while we update Dreadnought to Patch v1.1.0! Once the update is live, please close out of Dreadnought entirely and return to the launcher to receive the latest version.

Good hunting out there captains!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

July 5, 2016, 6:32 p.m.

Without a doubt, the changes in TE are great.
But when I see stuff like "All weapons over 7km range have been reduced to 7km maximum range." I have to ask myself if this game is going to be an ultra-simplified minigame when it's "done".

Of course, that change makes artillery cruisers more valuable again. But tbh, limiting their range to 7km was simply retarded to begin with.

July 5, 2016, 7:09 p.m.

Yeah, gotta be careful not to end up balancing everything by making it equal. But we're not there yet. For reference:

Weapons over 7k:

Primary:
- Ballistic Cannons
- Heavy Plasma Cannons

Secondary:
- Bolt Gun Turrets
- Heavy Mortar Turrets
- Light Particle Turrets

Weapons already at 7k:

Primary:
- Heavy Particle Cannon
- Heavy Tesla Cannon
- Particle Turrets
- Repeater Turrets

Everything else has lower range.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 5, 2016, 7:30 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-39826)

Secondary:
- Bolt Gun Turrets
- Heavy Mortar Turrets
- Light Particle Turrets

I feel as though secondaries shouldn't have been nerfed. One of the main arguments for reducing the range of certain weapons is the ability for ships to harass enemy artillery causing them to lose the Glass Cannon effect. When players pick up these super-ranged secondaries they are making a conscious decision to gain the benefit of being able to out range artilleries. I feel as though this nerf effectively removes that element of strategy and devalues them as secondaries.

My spaceship brings all the boys to the yard

Carrier-Class Ideas 1.6 | Module Ideas 1.1
T-Shirt Designs | Ship specific Voice-Packs

July 5, 2016, 7:59 p.m.

Updated //
July 5, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

Well, to be fair the Bolt Gun Turrets are an artillery secondary themselves, and Mortars and Light Particle Turrets cannot properly hit anything at that range anyway due to spread and low projectile speeds. Also with 2 of the 3 destroyers having primary weapons that can reach that far themselves and the 3rd destroyer (Talionis) always being used with Flak the Light Particle Turrets are all but irrelevant, anyway.

So the only secondary where I'll miss the range are Bolt Gun Turrets, and those mostly for finishing an enemy off who thought he was at a safe distance.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 6, 2016, 10:09 a.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2016, 10:45 a.m.

Hi. So in Europe patch will be on 7 pm. We must wait smile

July 6, 2016, 12:20 p.m.

UPDATE: Maintenance is extended til 1 PM CDT. Sorry for the delay smile

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

July 6, 2016, 1:30 p.m.

DESU_Wyvyrias#8434 posted (#post-39824)

Without a doubt, the changes in TE are great.
But when I see stuff like "All weapons over 7km range have been reduced to 7km maximum range." I have to ask myself if this game is going to be an ultra-simplified minigame when it's "done".

Of course, that change makes artillery cruisers more valuable again. But tbh, limiting their range to 7km was simply retarded to begin with.

Having all long range weapons all shoot 7km is just weird and arbitrary anyway. I really wish they'd focused more on varying the accuracy than dorking with the ranges. An artillery cruiser is a long rifle - everything it shoots should go in a really straight line and have high accuracy. A Gora or other gun ship could also legitimately shoot projectiles a long range, but with stubby cannons, the accuracy at 7km would be questionable.

Just like a .45 caliber pistol vs a hunting rifle. The former can shoot pretty far and could even clip an artie, but would take a lucky shot. The hunting rifle however will always have the accuracy edge. In a gunfight between them, the rifle should usually win, but the pistol still makes it a dangerous game. Regardless of max ranges, accuracy is the distinction.

Feels to me like another case where they went with artificial rules rather than playable realism...

July 6, 2016, 1:40 p.m.

sushiaddict#3113 posted (#post-39861)

Feels to me like another case where they went with artificial rules rather than playable realism...

Well obviously, it's not like projectiles disappear in mid-air in real life. This is a game though...

July 6, 2016, 2:10 p.m.

Is the server up yet?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.