FORUMS

Fulgora + Immelman

Posted: //
July 6, 2016, 12:09 a.m.

I've read some disparaging of the Immelman module but I quite like it when coupled with a Fulgora and blink. Won a lot of dogfights with it. Reverse direction, blink past the foe chasing you, and then the Fulgoras 360 azimuth cannons can wreak their havoc. By the time they turn around the blink is recharged.

So few people use it that it usually takes a foe by surprise, too. Biggest advantage it has over boosting speed and turning horizontally is that you can blink mid-Immelman. Lets you change altitude instantly. What I'd like to see changed is the animation. The Immelman turn is so segmented and stiff it seems like a placeholder animation.

If it was sped up, that might also make it a more versatile module instead of a niche dogfighting module. What's the community opinion?

July 6, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

It will never be a serious choice.
For dogfights you may as well just use auto-repair. Though that's an allrounder to me.

July 9, 2016, 6:03 p.m.

That discussion died quickly.

July 9, 2016, 7:06 p.m.

It wasn't one to begin with.

July 10, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

You seem to take pride in stifling input. It's really disappointing that a game still in beta is already fostering a toxic community.

July 10, 2016, 9:25 p.m.

It's really just a handful people, so no need to worry just yet.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

July 15, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

I think unusual strategies that work for you are awesome. That's really the heart of most really fun game play.

Reminds me of the fleets of T1 ships my corporation would take out (20-30 ships) to chase down small T2 fleets in EVE Online. They were super cheap and super fun to fly. Nobody else seemed to figure out how much of a threat we were until it was too late.

It would be nice to see a collection of ideas like that here to keep people guessing. Never let people fool you into thinking orthodoxy is the only 'right' way.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.