Posted: //
July 6, 2016, 11:11 p.m.

Updated //
July 19, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

July 6, 2016, 11:21 p.m.

Updated //
July 6, 2016, 11:24 p.m.

First off great patch. Lots of good changes. There are lot of changes I have found that are not listed in the patch notes such as:

Updated graphics on weapons which look really good now. Weapon types are now more easily recognized.

New audio feed back when main weapons and modules hit the enemy.

Dreadnought fighters module appears to be improved. I couldn't get my fighters to crash into terrain or into myself like they used to (may need others to test and confirm). Also now provides better feedback when fighters attack targets and they seem to track and attack more reliably now.

Some modules have been updated or changed.

New face and voice and animations in hanger and in combat!

Score bar at bottom right of screen appears to be missing now in combat for some reason. Maybe I accidentally turned it off? Can't seem to find a way to bring it back.

Contracts are not working for me right now. All I see at the time of this writing is a count down timer for 20+ hours until they refresh.

July 7, 2016, 12:02 a.m.

ok i have patience .. alot ...

but waiting every match 10 - 15 mins in queue .. sometimes longer is unexeptable

and to rage more .. i waited 14 mins to get kicked into a game that was already 75 - 20 for the enemy -- thats not funny Devs

i know this is patchday and closed beta ... but please ....

yes i have restarted the mm

come on fix this .. this makes ppl leave

Zorn

July 7, 2016, 2:11 a.m.

Updated //
July 7, 2016, 2:14 a.m.

It would be nice if all balance changes are documented in the patchnotes. If numbers are not available just inform us if a weapon/module has been changed for the better or worse.

1. Target blink warp - added charge up delay? About 2.5s
  2. Fulgora light repeaters damage changed? Think it has been decreased
  3. Valcour autocannons damage changed? Maybe increased
    .... etc

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

July 7, 2016, 3:22 a.m.

Corvette's Plasma Turret clip size got nerfed? didn't mention on the patch note, but not too much a deal.

There are some new bugs apparently, such as lag for killing last ship. (Tab bug at start animation and Chat malfunction at summary page are still there)

The UI did get much better, especially the ship view rotation and angle when doing appearance.
But I don't know why there's a sudden red flash on all ships icon when you switch from one window to another.

July 7, 2016, 5:59 a.m.

The Weapon effects for snipers are jarring. Someone forgot the transparency value, and they are just solid and blinding.
I definitely dig the improved tooltips, though.
Far as I can tell, every weapon now shows the correct magazine size and reload time.
The Purge shot now having two shots is a mixed bag.
On the one hand, it allows you to fire two purge shots, increasing the chance to hit a mobile target or allowing you to hit two slow targets.
On the other hand, before it allowed you a regular shot, so you got an instant 5500/9000 damage in that you now don't; so against warping dreadnoughts, it may actually be a nerf.
The captain poses are kind of hillarious.
Love the new voiceovers for modules! "Toughen up! Exoshell activated!"

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

July 7, 2016, 6:30 a.m.

Updated //
July 7, 2016, 6:43 a.m.

ElDrinja#6746 posted (#post-39934)

1. Fulgora light repeaters damage changed? Think it has been decreased
  2. Valcour autocannons damage changed? Maybe increased
    .... etc

Damage output of weapons wasn't changed. Actually only one secondary weapons had an undocumented change, and another was changed slightly differently than stated in the patch notes, but otherwise weapons are unchanged.

Ambiv#0843 posted (#post-39937)

Corvette's Plasma Turret clip size got nerfed? didn't mention on the patch note, but not too much a deal.

Nope, hasn't been changed since I started playing (v1.0.2) at least. Clip size is 12, if you're seeing something else bug report it.

There are some new bugs apparently, such as lag for killing last ship. (Tab bug at start animation and Chat malfunction at summary page are still there)

Those are pretty annoying, yep, although chat was actually working for me so far.

The UI did get much better, especially the ship view rotation and angle when doing appearance.

About that last part at least hero ship parts are still not taken into account for the view angles, which is a problem since lots of stuff will be off screen.

But I don't know why there's a sudden red flash on all ships icon when you switch from one window to another.

Hate that one.

UnLimiTeD#2482 posted (#post-39947)

I definitely dig the improved tooltips, though.
Far as I can tell, every weapon now shows the correct magazine size and reload time.

It's a shame they only added the ranges to the abilities, not the weapons for now, that damage is still a progress bar rather than a number, and that cooldown and duration are still manually typed in rather than using the actual values, but it's a marked improvement, yep.

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 7, 2016, 7:41 a.m.

I like improved graphics with new reflections, lightings, surface effects or visible damage on ships. On the other side snow map seems to me too much bright now. I also like new HUD and night map variants.

Unfortunatelly Cattaro still sucks. smile

July 7, 2016, 12:54 p.m.

"Being hit" sound effect is now awful (honestly), it is like playing some platformer on Dendy or Amiga.

I've heard that someone told that before that Devs need to define for themselves whether you want to make completely game-ish game for children or add some nice impression of realism and hard battle. I hope you choose more "realism" approach since I just bought Mercenary pack and want to enjoy intense spaceship battles not pinballsmile

July 7, 2016, 2:07 p.m.

Update on dreadnought fighters module

Did a lot more testing and the fighters are much reliable at pathing. They will still crash into the side of your ship however this happens much less often than it used to. I have still not been able to get a fighter to crash into terrain and I have even seen them pass through terrain on a couple of occasions. Even though they attack much more reliably now they still have many drawback to using them. DPS is still abysmal compared to any of the broadsides which outpace fighters by a large margin. Fighters are easily destroyed by players negating them entirely, it only takes one or two flak shots to wipe out the entire squadron of fighters. Fighters can block your own shots which is very frustrating. Cooldown time is still extremely long.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.