FORUMS

Patch v1.1.0 Discussion

Posted: //
July 7, 2016, 11:15 p.m.

Updated //
July 9, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

WarViper1337#8868 posted (#post-39971)

Update on dreadnought fighters module

Did a lot more testing and the fighters are much more reliable at pathing. They will still crash into the side of your ship however this happens much less often than it used to. I have still not been able to get a fighter to crash into terrain and I have even seen them pass through terrain on a couple of occasions. Even though they attack much more reliably now they still have many drawback to using them. DPS is still abysmal compared to any of the broadsides which outpace fighters by a large margin. Fighters are easily destroyed by players negating them entirely, it only takes one or two flak shots to wipe out the entire squadron of fighters. Fighters can block your own shots which is very frustrating. Cooldown time is still extremely long.

I just thought of a really good way to implement the random AI fighters into the fray in a nice, interesting and TBH dynamic way that makes you want to shoot them out of the sky: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/6058/?page=1#post-40004

P.S FTFY

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

July 8, 2016, 3:49 a.m.

How are the new TDM respawning rules working out for everyone? I know they're not perfect but I hope it's a lot better now.

Nathan "nwood" Wood
Senior Level Designer, YAGER

July 8, 2016, 4:06 a.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2016, 4:07 a.m.

DN_nwood#2177 posted (#post-40016)

How are the new TDM respawning rules working out for everyone? I know they're not perfect but I hope it's a lot better now.

The occasional spawn behind enemy lines still seems to happen, a single ship dying inside the enemy team seems to be enough to confuse the algorithm as to who is where, I think you may have forgotten to disregard those who are dead. Overall no complaints though, I had the impression respawns were generally closer to the team, which is a good thing to prevent spawn killing.

Not a fan of the far away initial spawns on some maps though, it's punitive for slow ships and seems to produce bad match dynamics (at least in the few battles I played since the patch).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 8, 2016, 7:34 a.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2016, 7:59 a.m.

Not entirely sure if it's a step forwards, backwards or sideways, because it's a mixture of all three.

The new UI looks snazzy but functionally it leave a lot to be desired - but it represents a nice step towards a more presentable one once all the issues have been worked out.

I'd rate hangar management as a small step up, but the whole layout feels very inefficient (so much unused/empty space, so many scrollbars)

Player information is still terrible - the vast majority of tooltips is still wrong, although I found a few small fixes; cryptic bars continue to dominate and a lot of description omit important details. (As an example - the Dreadnought Weapon Amplifier.. .er "Onslaught Mode" omits that it both immobilizes and drains all energy from its user for the duration)

Contract reset is awkward for me, essentially I'm limited to 1/day because the reset time
for me is around 2am in the morning - not a very pleasant time to be online.

Match spawn distance is good - especially for lighter ships; but for the 'heavies' this means either arriving too late, too low on energy, or without any ability to seize the initiative in a fight - respawn on death generally goes well (FWIW one improvement I'd suggest is give the player an overhead of the map showing friendly positions and let him pick a spawn point)

Module presentation in combat is good, definitely an improvement - but I can imagine some people think it's a bit too large for their tastes.

But my biggest concern is the number of undocumented changes; patch notes should be complete - not just out of honesty but also as documentation for everyone (devs, testers, support staff) to fall back on later (when old issues inadvertantly rear their head)

Here's my list of what I found so far:

RENAMED MODULES:
Dreadnought:
Weapon Amplifier -> Onslaught Mode
Afterburner -> Assault Thrusters

Tactical Cruiser:
Armor Amplifier -> Armored Lockdown
Flechette Missiles -> Flechette Half-Battery

Corvette:
Weapon Amplifier -> Kinetic Weapon Amplifier
Armor Amplifier -> Kinetic Armor Amplifier

FUNCTIONAL CHANGES:
Corvette Target Blink Warp now has a 2.5s charge time - given that this mostly deposits the user in front of the target .... not pretty.

Corvette Heavy Cloak can still be manaually cancelled but .... the damage taken debuff is not removed when you cancel the cloak - so which of the two is incorrect ? The damage taken debuff or the fact you can manually cancel heavy cloak ?

OTHER SMALL CHANGES
Ships:
Talionis -> Vindicta

Coatings:
Disciples of Jaffa Coating -> Audacity Coating
Navigator's Guild Coating -> Church of Entropy Coating. (mislabel ?)

Faction coatings have been added with a requirement but without enforcing that requirement - and without any explanation of their presence.

Dreadnought was
Dreadnought could be
Dreadnought might
But what is, is Dead for naught.

July 8, 2016, 9:15 a.m.

After respawning with a Gora without warp, it takes ages to reach allies. very often I can sniped or attacked by a light destroyer. Respawns should be closer to allies but waiting time increased for a few sec maybe.

Also, heavy healers are too powerful in repairs. Repairs should never overcome damage or they should have a reload time. (cooling time)

Snipers range limitation makes them less likely to be played but this is subjective. Maybe a module to extend the range for 60sec?

July 8, 2016, 10:05 a.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2016, 10:07 a.m.

Guiboy#2161 posted (#post-40026)

Also, heavy healers are too powerful in repairs. Repairs should never overcome damage or they should have a reload time. (cooling time)

Heavy Healers are fine- it causes more teamplay. If you want to take out 2 Koshi's you have to do a coordinated attack. You can't go in piecemeal and expect success. It is what elevates the coordinated teams from the riff raff.

July 8, 2016, 10:07 a.m.

Guiboy#2161 posted (#post-40026)

Snipers range limitation makes them less likely to be played but this is subjective. Maybe a module to extend the range for 60sec?

FWIW snipers did not have their main weapon ranges reduced - it's mostly the Gora and Zmey that got hit. Range on the arty cruisers' main guns is 7k for all of them.

It's mostly the more distant spawn points that might give that impression I think.

Dreadnought was
Dreadnought could be
Dreadnought might
But what is, is Dead for naught.

July 8, 2016, 12:07 p.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2016, 12:09 p.m.

Hi to all. I wanted to share with you about the observed bugs

Sniper limitation is bad choice, now every ship in game can easly reach them and shoot them down before they can shoot something, like in all other games they supose to have much bigger range to suport team from a cover. Becouse most of them are slow, less armored and have longer reload time.

Spown points sometimes are too far away from the battle and you lose a lot of time before you get there and help your team. Most of the time its too late.

Scorebord on the end of the battle are bugged, for almost every time show that all players played only Dreadnoughts or unknow ship so i dont know if the score is real.

Contracts for now are usless and simply dont work. Every time when I enter the game is nothink to choose only time left to reset. They supose to be available 12h or 24h not only some time.

Match making is really shity, I understand this is a closed beta and there are not too many players for the draw, but how to play when in 1st team are players with very large or max lvl (full upgraded ships) , and in the 2nd team only rookies who are simple death meat. MM supose to take players with similar lvl to give players equal chances.

Little bug at the biginning of battle are still present, when picture of player are in various places and not in the middle

Description of modules and weapons in hangar are too large and obscures the view them on the ship, it's very annoying because I want them to see how they look on ship without buying

Weapons and modules stats should be expressed also in numbers not only the bars, because they did not say anything specific about damage or healing.

Thats all for this time Folks smile

Sry for for language mistakes, English is not my main language smile

July 8, 2016, 12:44 p.m.

Updated //
July 8, 2016, 5:23 p.m.

DN_nwood#2177 posted (#post-40016)

First or second game, I spawned 3km behind a destroyer that just killed me. So.... it still has hickups.

Bear#2153 posted (#post-40040)

Heavy Healers are fine- it causes more teamplay. If you want to take out 2 Koshi's you have to do a coordinated attack. You can't go in piecemeal and expect success. It is what elevates the coordinated teams from the riff raff.

Yet the same setup requires almost no effort to create; The healer just follows his/her mates, which technically don't even need to acknowledge its existence. This creates an imbalance in skill floor that is indeed a problem in public matches, at low levels. I suppose mostly Kali. Not that it has anything to do with this specific patch.

@ODYN Artillery has the same range as it did before the patch.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

July 8, 2016, 3:23 p.m.

My thoughts on the new spawns so far:
-Killing those pesky healers is more rewarding now since they don't spawn to close to their team now making it easier to break teams that turtle.
-Slower ships are more punished by this system as you can get spawned pretty far away from the action.
-One time it spawned me right on top of an enemy corvette that was being chased by one of my teammates.
-I have spawned a couple of times right on top of my own team mates at the edge of the map. My destroyer sent a friendly Zmey flying almost 90 degrees straight up when I spawn warped right into the back of his ship lol.
-I don't get spawned behind enemies lines as often which is a good thing.
-Overall its better but still needs a few minor tweaks.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.