FORUMS

Electronic Warfrare and Shields Support Ships.

Posted: //
April 1, 2015, 7:59 a.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2015, 8 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I've thought of it, and I was wondering: how about Electronic Warfrare based and a Shields Support ships being a choice in the roster of vessels?

Electronic Warfare vessel

This particular craft could launch AoE or Aimed disruptive attacks on enemy groups or single ships.

It's abilities may range from slowing/arresting a target to prevent it from firing or detect hostiles.

Shield Support vessel

For this one: not only it may regen allied ships' s shield(drain enemies 's?), but even project a large screen (for a short time,and be static during it) to protect from incoming massive barrages of fire.

One of these two ships may have an ability that confuses incoming missiles targeting systems, causing them to deviate and crash elsewhere.

These are few ideas I had. What do you think?

Tell us of your own ideas and concepts! :D

April 1, 2015, 8:07 a.m.

Updated //
April 1, 2015, 8:08 a.m.

I think much of this will be introduced with all the different abilities we can unlock, I know they already have something to knock out your enermys vision.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 1, 2015, 9:07 a.m.

yea there's a kind of emp-missile that gives you some sort of disrupted vision (kinda like the static on old tvs), and as far as i know the tactical repairs your ship and gives you energy (which should then "repair" your shields)
i think they were still debating/thinking about cc abilities, trying to figure out how to balance that

the ability to protect a certain area with a huge shield is interesting though, but i think it will most likely be too hard to hit, as dreadnoughts, corvettes and destroyers will most likely always go into an allout melee brawl, so only shielding off the snipers and maybe nukes or other abilites seems kinda redundant to me, also you'd probably go down really fast if you had to stay still during the time you keep the shield up

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

April 1, 2015, 9:19 a.m.

Wouldn't it be too good if the ship projecting such wide shield could also move during it? Maybe if it had engines power reduced by the energy drained to power it up... hmm.

April 1, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

maybe instead of a big shield-dome, the ship could apply an overall damage-reduction to nearby friendly targets and in return get it's energy drained drasticly plus getting slowed a bit, so it's more like an emergency buff you can apply in dire situations

April 2, 2015, 2:22 a.m.

What would be really cool is if a corvette could run cloaked and have a holographic ship projected as a decoy.

Detected three minor impacts across the bow, No damage registered, Probably just debris, Sir.

April 2, 2015, 6:15 a.m.

I'm planning on using the Tac Cruiser a fair bit and experimenting with different support options would be sweet. i'm hoping there are lots of unlockable options to switch things up!

Plays wargames. Been to War. Much prefers the games...

April 2, 2015, 10:22 a.m.

in an interview with mmohut that i recently saw, peter holzapfel said that they are planning to have about 80 abilities in the game. now i don't know if that is still the plan, but based on the premise that we have 5 classes with 3 subclasses that makes 60 standard abilities ( if there are no doubles here) and leaves 20 additional abilities which we can unlock
that is quite a lot of variety and quite a pain to balance out

April 2, 2015, 4:16 p.m.

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-1816)

in an interview with mmohut that i recently saw, peter holzapfel said that they are planning to have about 80 abilities in the game. now i don't know if that is still the plan, but based on the premise that we have 5 classes with 3 subclasses that makes 60 standard abilities ( if there are no doubles here) and leaves 20 additional abilities which we can unlock

That'a A LOT of skills.
A LOT of combinations to try.

DO like it ^^.

April 3, 2015, 2:04 a.m.

Updated //
April 3, 2015, 2:38 a.m.

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-1816)

He didn't say they are planning, he said they have like 80+ abilities in the game.

Edit: just checked the video, it's this one from 20:31.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.