FORUMS

Scramble weapons SERIOUSLY buffed

Posted: //
July 9, 2016, 11:26 a.m.

Is it intended that scramble weapons take away your ability to devote energy to systems?

That is absolutely game breaking in the worst possible way, not only does scramble take away your ability to see it takes away all ability to respond to a situation now. All you need to do is hit someone with a scramble when they don't have their shields up and they are a sitting duck.

I'm seeing it deployed in every premade I'm running across now and it is cancerous and destructive to a good game experience.

Please hotfix this, it is make the game unplayable.

July 9, 2016, 1:12 p.m.

Updated //
July 9, 2016, 1:13 p.m.

You can still use the short cut keys to divert power when you are scrambled. f1, f2, and f3 are the default bindings. Otherwise yeah I agree it does suck that the power wheel is shut down during scramble.

July 9, 2016, 1:32 p.m.

I'd think that you can still use the wheel, just the UI part is hidden (can't check though because I removed the keybind for the wheel).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 9, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

Snib#1627 posted (#post-40151)

I'd think that you can still use the wheel, just the UI part is hidden (can't check though because I removed the keybind for the wheel).

Sorry, that is not true, even pressing the E key and moving the mouse to the "raise shields" area, it moves the screen, rather than the energy wheel.

July 9, 2016, 3:38 p.m.

The shortcuts still should work (F1 to F4). If they do not work, well, at least scrambler is useful then.

July 9, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

Shortcuts work (rebind them to your mouse buttons and forget about that silly wheel).

My Dreadnought tools and resources: Dreadnought Datamine | Snib's Dreadnought Steam Launcher | Hangar background noise remover

July 9, 2016, 8:38 p.m.

The Scrambler is like a EMP right now. Not HUD +no energy for everyone that doesn't use the F1-F4 keys
It should scramble visuals and not turn off all HUD elements

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

July 9, 2016, 9:46 p.m.

So... Uhh... Anyone else feel like new players are excessively punished by this?

I feel like it's an unintended side-effect, the ability wheel is probably a component of the HUD and it doesn't receive player input while the entire HUD is screwed up.

But... This is the kind of thing that will chase people away.

Personally, I hate the energy wheel. It's slow, unresponsive, and there seem to be delays with it. It also throws off your aiming. I think better default keybinds for energy (Z = Engines, X = Shields, C = Weapons) should b e added and taught during the tutorial, instead of the wheel.

Like everyone else though, I learned with the wheel at first. Taking that away and not shortcuts is directly nerfing new players.

July 10, 2016, 6:33 a.m.

Updated //
July 10, 2016, 6:33 a.m.

Kazma#2232 posted (#post-40187)

The Scrambler is like a EMP right now. Not HUD +no energy for everyone that doesn't use the F1-F4 keys
It should scramble visuals and not turn off all HUD elements

You may as well just remove it if it couldn't remove HUD elements.

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-40189)

So... Uhh... Anyone else feel like new players are excessively punished by this?

I feel like it's an unintended side-effect, the ability wheel is probably a component of the HUD and it doesn't receive player input while the entire HUD is screwed up.

But... This is the kind of thing that will chase people away.

Personally, I hate the energy wheel. It's slow, unresponsive, and there seem to be delays with it. It also throws off your aiming. I think better default keybinds for energy (Z = Engines, X = Shields, C = Weapons) should b e added and taught during the tutorial, instead of the wheel.

Like everyone else though, I learned with the wheel at first. Taking that away and not shortcuts is directly nerfing new players.

Tbh people should just take a look at the keybindings.
Playera who do not realize the existence of shortcuts (and keybindings) wouldn't have survived anyway. Though those people usually wouldn't put up their shields even if they are not scrambled.

July 10, 2016, 6:58 a.m.

You know, some people might actually prefer using the energy wheel.
Saying they have no right to do so is irritatingly condescending.

What's next, it'll prevent reloading because you can't see your ammo level?
If Scrambler is not meant to stop people from allocating their energy, it should never do so, and not only if they prefer some specific control scheme.
The other way around, if it is meant to do so, it should also prevent using shortcuts.

We need "Alpha" and "Beta" Camo Patterns! Just plaster the Word all over the ships hull in various sizes and angles !
Link: Artillery Overview

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.